Old Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Mutual.

Interview

Called me up to come to HQ were we did face to face interview and then went through pro metric tests. Initial interview included a panel of about 5 I.T managers and 1 HR person.
    Most technical questions were asked by the managers and the scenario questions mostly asked by HR. It was a fairly average interview which needed some preparation.
    It took the whole day to do the interviews including the tests we had to write.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Old Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a fair and above board interview process. The panelists were candid in their search for the right candidate. There were vested interests which the panelists defied and picked the right person for the role. It enhanced the belief and fairness in such a competitive process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klerksdorp (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Mutual (Klerksdorp (South Africa)) in January 2017.

Interview

You would submit your CV and the next couple days they call you for an interview. During they would ask about yourself,experience in financial and insurance sectors,a car and drivers licence.After passing interview you would go for pre-assessment on Greenlight policies.

Interview Questions

• What I know about Insurance and financial advisory.   1 Answer
    • That could I do the work of prospecting.   1 Answer

Internal Manager Interview

Interview

My initial interactions with HR were so negative that I decided not to submit my application. The recruiter I spoke with over the phone was incredibly rude and unpleasant. I read many reviews indicating that their corporate culture is not what they portray publicly. A positive work environment is a significant priority for me and this was a HUGE red flag for me.

Graduate Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Mutual (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

Thorough and tests attributes and skill sets needed to succeed in the job applied for. One is presented with a Role Play to prepare for under a Time Limit, then tested "on the job" based on it. This is followed by General Questions from CV before proceeding into qualified specific questions.
    Once successful with the Interview, Background check via MIE commences. If all is clear there, a stack of documents needs be completed.

Interview Questions

• Whether one is familiar with relevant and applicable Legislation   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Mutual (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a group interview with a case study and staff members located around the room assessing each candidate's contribution to the task, an individual HR interview, an individual technical interview. Finally, there was a literature test that required picking out all errors in a fund sheet.

Interview Questions

• What is the current price of oil and why?
      The interviewer explained a theoretical shipping company. They then asked me what things would affect the revenue streams for this business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Mutual (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process ran extremely smoothly and lasted from 11am until around 3:30pm if i remember correctly. This was including lunch and a break. There was a short technical assessment in the form of a reading comprehension test, where mistakes were to be found in a document. Both interviews were turned out to be quite informal, one was a general fit interview and the other more technical, led by employees of the department where I would be working. I was left with the impression that the recruiters took their time to read my CV and ask relevant questions. These interviews were then followed by a group exercise.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Mutual (London, England (UK)).

Interview

CV/Cover letter. A modelling test was given to candidates on arrival. This was followed by an interview with one hr personnel. Finally candidates had interviews with the hiring managers of the related asset class. The whole process was over in just under three hours. Relatively straightforward though it is important for one to have some excel modelling skills to pass the first part of the exercise.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Mutual (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Interview process was not too intense. Only interviewed by one person and we quickly established a rapport that resulted in a job offer almost right away. The process moved along very quickly which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some negotiation but they were very fair so no need for a lot of wrangling.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Mutual.

Interview

Initial interview, briefing on the job description and requirements.
    Applications processed and background screening, with fingerprinting and verification of all documents submitted (ie: Matric Certificates, drivers license, identification documents)
    Psychometric testing, mostly focused on verbal and numerical skills.
    Finally a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to overcome obstacles in the work environment?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with pressure?   Answer Question
    • How can you apply your previous experiences to the current position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be aware of what's happening in the market, especially in relation to your position and the industry as a whole. Be ready to work!