OnLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OnLogic

3.2

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OnLogic (South Burlington, VT) in March 2018.

Interview

Process:
    1. I did a phone screen with an individual in HR.
    1a. This included a follow up email with a personality assessment test.
    2. I progressed to an interview with the hiring manager.
    3. I expressed to the hiring team that I was pressed a little on my timeline to give feedback for an offer. I think this caused a little rush on their end.
    4. I then progressed to a final interview, this involved three of the team members who will be managed by the person in this role, and a final step of meeting the company president.
    5. A few days later, I received a call giving me my response.

Note:
    There was a delay in my interview process given that some of those involved were traveling.

Additional remarks:
    I made some mistakes along the way, as I was particularly eager, nervous, and interested in working at Logic Supply; this is easily one of the best employers in the Burlington, VT region, depending on the type of company where you are looking to work.

I admire them for upholding their organizational values so highly, and would jump at a chance to try again. I felt like Logic Supply's company culture and I were a really great match, but I did not properly demonstrate my passion and excitement well enough for this wonderful opportunity. The company, their mission, and product line are all headed in a really exciting direction. I encourage anyone who values transparency, independent thinking, and who possesses the right passion for hard work to apply!

Interview Questions

• These very much ranged from my technical background to my background in leadership.
      The hardest part was having a good understanding of what each individual was looking to get from me.   1 Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OnLogic.

Interview

Initially I got a message from HR to fill out a questionnaire that included a lot of behavioral questions. After I sent my response, I got an email to set up an interview. Initial interview was short and easy about my background. In a next couple days, I was asked for a technical interview. The interview was very tough and last about an hour and the interviewer was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a NOR gate and design a NOR gate out of MOSFETS   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OnLogic (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Screening interview over the phone, then on-site one on one interviews with everyone on the team to make sure you are a good fit. I heard back within a couple of days. Company CULTURE is very important and considered just as or even more importantly than your skill sets. Everyone in HR and the hiring managers are all very nice and open minded.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions for culture fit.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OnLogic (South Burlington, VT) in May 2019.

Interview

HR reached out via LinkedIn. They then set up an interview to explain the position and see if I was interested. Then brought me in for an on-site interview with the sales manager. The process was very informative, useful and well calculated by the company. I was very impressed. They decided to move forward with the process and bring me in for a longer interview. Prior to the first interview I was made aware I would do a presentation and have a mock sales call. HR was very helpful and told me very specifically that I needed to get to know the customer and get to know their needs in the mock sales call. In the end they did not offer me the position. Although this is a consultative sales approach and HR is very forward and helpful about the mock sales call, you NEED to SELL, be a salesperson, make sure that you sell logic supply as a company and a product. Get the mock customer excited as well as ask questions to learn about their needs. If HR was to tell me “get the customer excited about logic supply” I think I would have been much better off. The interview process can be intimidating, and during the process it is easy to fall into what HR is telling you to do, specifically ask probing questions to get to know the customer and figure out their needs and current pain points. But take if from me, this will help you, do not forget to SELL the company. It isn’t 100% apparent that this position is very salesy, it seems more consultative, but they are looking for a seller, and even though HR doesn’t make this known, and it might not feel natural to tote about a company you are interviewing for, do it. After reading this you shouldn’t feel as I did walking out thinking to yourself, “HR told me a great amount of info, and I did great on the parts they told me to hit, but I wish they had told me the other points to hit on, or told me nothing at all.”

Interview Questions

• My mock sales call was a customer that was referred by another customer. They needed PC’s to go with cameras that recorded and sent the data to a server.   1 Answer

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OnLogic (South Burlington, VT) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet with potential hiring manager at local career fair, then applied online. I heard back from the HR team within the week and scheduled onsite interview within the next.
    You meet with a number of relevant team leaders during your onsite interview. If you keep moving on, you might even meet with the owner of the company. They are there to make sure that you are not only qualified for the position you applied for, but also a good cultural fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience help you prepare/qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OnLogic.

Interview

1. E-mail contact with HR to set up a phone interview.
    2. ~20 minute phone interview with HR.
    3. On-site interview that lasted roughly 3 hours. Spoke with HR, IT manager, Software Developer, and Systems Admin.

Very nice people. Mostly questions about resume and whether I actually had some of the knowledge/skills required for the job. Also they want to see that you will be compatible with the employees, as you will mainly be catering to their needs as a developer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward. No tricky questions or things that I think they shouldn't have asked.   Answer Question

I am actually looking for an engineering position where I use my programming skills, not strictly a software job. Were I to be looking for a software job where all I did was develop, this would be an awesome job!

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OnLogic (Burlington, VT) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back after a month requesting that I fill out a questionnaire with some basic information. Set up a phone interview which lasted 10 minutes. Then, I had a 1-hour video call technical interview. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly.

The technical questions were surprisingly difficult even for those studying electrical engineering, as it mostly involved remembering certain configurations/scenarios that most people would probably just look up as needed.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnLogic (South Burlington, VT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is intense and if you haven't thoroughly researched the company you are dead in the water. Management is very clear on their expectations. They also required a "working interview", but it definitely was NOT to get free / cheap work, and I was paid for my time regardless of the final outcome.

They actually hire less than 2 percent of candidates, so if you are NOT a top notch candidate who also has a winning personality don't waste their time or yours. Seriously.

Sales Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinesburg, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OnLogic (Hinesburg, VT) in January 2018.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with a very nice recruiter. Then set up an on site interview with two different sales team members, separately so I had to be there for 2 hours. Received notice that they wanted to set up more interviews, 3 this time so I had to allot 3 hours to interview. Because I did not know what I wanted to be doing in 5 Years, I was turned down from a job I was perfectly qualified and experienced for just 1 hour into the interview. Truly wasted my time as I had to go out of my way to set aside 3 hours on a work day for this.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OnLogic (South Burlington, VT) in August 2016.

Interview

First in-person interview. Met directly with the Operations Manager. Good interview, he was forthright with me on the nature of the job and what I could and could not bring to it as a candidate. They really needed a hands-on support and hardware person. Although I am confident I could ramp up, my sense was they needed help at this critical position asap. I hope to have another opportunity to apply for a position more in-line with my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any direct, hands-on support experience?   1 Answer