OnStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OnStar Interview Questions

2.5

Dealer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar in July 2016.

Interview

The easiest interview in the history of the world. They asked 1 question and then told me about the job for the rest of a phone interview and another face to face interview. It was so simple it totally threw me off as to whether or not they were interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume from bottom to top?   1 Answer

CALL ADVISOR Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OnStar.

Interview

easy anyone can get the job. it was quick and mouth swab drug test then offer. the interveiw was fast and propmt you will thwn do a two week training.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to display excellent customer service   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions that start start with "Describe a situation where...". This is a behavioral assessment. I found the hardest part is just remembering where I may have had those situations at some point in the past. I found this interview to be negative because they did not give me the technical portion. That means they can not hire me as a Senior Developer. It also means they can not have me come back and take the technical interview due to HR rules. I may be perfectly qualified for the position but due to a mistake on their part they cannot hire me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to prioritize difficult set of tasks.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

easy. behavior questions, some technical questions specifically to softwares. very nice people to talk to. only one round interview - on-site
    applied through staffing agency. very easy and quick response from them, gave the offer on the second day.
    'what's your goal in 3 years?;
    'what things you don't like;
    'tell me a project you did'

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

After posting for a job role online at the company site, a recruiter called me for some follow up questions. A couple of days later, an onsite interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. During the interview, two people interviewed me in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. The interview lasted roughly one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision and the information you had was useless.   Answer Question

Retention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Warren, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Did interview, took drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at all

Emergency Services Process Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

You have to go through on line application process and hope to get called for an interview, even if you feel your qualifications are a good match this is difficult. They use the STAR interview format and always have the interview done by at least two people who interview you separately. It can then take a while to hear back. If they want to offer you the position, you will get a phone call if not the dreaded "sorry, but" email. Very tough to get hired here.

Interview Questions

• Questions all focus on your experiences and results so be prepared to give specific examples of your accomplishments in your career.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Warren, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

I had my interview today and they didn't offer me a postion they said they'll call me in a week I didn't take a test or anything they told me to be prepared for a test but when I arrived they didn't give me one .

Onstar Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar in April 2011.

Interview

I was working in a different area of the OnStar call center when the opportunity to interview for the sales manager position became available. I expressed my interest and had an interview with one of the HR representatives who explained the requirements and determined if she thought I met the requirements for the position. I also had to complete some skills and personality testing. Skills required included basic use of Word and Excel, as well as Outlook, which presented no problem. Once I made it past the testing, the final interview was with the team leader to check business chemistry, which also was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to move from the sales area, with its guaranteed individual bonus structure to the sales manager group, where you'll be competing with the other sales managers to qualify for a bonus each month.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase for the position consisted of an e-mail questionnaire, followed by an in-person meeting.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OnStar (Detroit, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. Unfortunately GM's Talent Management filters the candidate pool. Who knows how they do their job. An absolute must to network and find the hiring manager's name.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are template based. Give an example when you showed initiative, give an example when you had to correct a poor decision. Some interviewers only stay on template (actually directed that way) hopefully you get someone who will actually do more   Answer Question