Online Trading Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Online Trading Academy

2.8

Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Multiple days of interviews because even though they scheduled me, not everyone was actually available. I had gone in one day, asked to wait about an hour for a person that couldn’t see me. Came in another day only to wait for the exact same person. After all the inconvenience I never
    heard back whether or not I got the job either. One of my worst interview experiences yet. Everyone else in the building seemed nice and friendly which helped while I waited but something needs to be improved on the time management of schedules.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very unorganized interviewing process... The worst I've ever seen in my career. Absolutely no respect for people time. From the initial call with the recruiter, she missed my call. After that it just got worse and worse constant re-scheduling of interviews. Received last minute notices demanding that I do a phone interview the very next day at X time otherwise the team isn't available for weeks and I'd loss my chance, seriously WTF!? Only to have that interview cancelled as well! After the phone interview, it took another 3-4 weeks to setup an onsite interview, again no options were given I was just told the team is available on this day/time pretty much take the interview or loss your chance. Overall a terrible interviewing experience and it really shows how little the company values/respects people, I can't imagine how they treat their actual employees! Very poorly run organization and they can't even conduct interviews properly, I can't imagine how they build software!

Interview Questions

• The technical questions during the interview were trivial.   Answer Question

Customer Service Irvine, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two phone interviews before an in person interview. They took me on a huge tour of the place before for the interview started. Some area of the building were extremely hot with no A/C so employees sat in the dark with small desk lights. At the end of the interview before getting on the elevator she asked if it was ok to hug me! I thought it was very odd! But then thought, OK, she really must like me so I will most likely get the job. Nope. I didn't. Although their response said they went with another candidate, it was a few days later they asked one of my past coworkers for an interview for the same position. Now the whole hug thing seems more weird.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was 3.5 hours long. I met with 3 different people and had a phone interview prior. I was prescreened for the interview and was very honest about not having certain experiences. When I got to the in person interview, they were very hard on me for not having those experiences. It was pretty frustrating and a waste of time. I was also very put off by the interviewers themselves. One guy legit said he wasn't a good representation of the company because he's thought about leaving the company several times. The office itself was also very empty which is usually not a great sign.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy.

Interview

An initial Phone interview asking how you would handle certain situations and an overview of the position. They answered my questions about the position such as that the compensation is a draw for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently employed?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work weekends ?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with four officers. They were welcoming and shared details of the position and company history and future goals. The environment was very warm while professional. I’m appreciative of the time and communication extended to me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was somewhat lengthy, it started in early December and I didn't hear back with a definite answer until January 2nd. It's a basic interview first with a phone interview and from there if they like you you will meet with the operations manager first, followed by office staff. If the initial interview goes well they'll send you to the office location applied for and meet with staff there. If the staff there thinks you would be a good fit ( everyone has to agree) I'm convinced one of the staff didn't like me from the start and thats a major factor in no offer, but if they do like you then you'll proceed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's your strengths and weakness? How important is managerial style to you? What would you contribute if hired?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Email with HR and then a phone call. After that, it was an in person at their HQ in Irvine by John Wayne Airport. They have a nice office.

Education Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy.

Interview

Meet with the Owner, then the other members of the sales team. Then sat through the initial sales event to understand what prospects can expect as they are brought into the sales funnel

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my successes and challenges in working with skeptical prospects   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative/Education Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Online Trading Academy (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I first had a over the phone interview with an online recruiter. She was very professional and friendly. She presented me with a 45 min sales test. I was then set up with an initial phone interview with the education director. She gave me a call the next day and invited me to a second interview where I met all of the staff including the operations manager. Everyone works closely as a team, so I'm assuming everyone votes on who is hired. I was unfortunately competing with another individual for the job and they chose him. The education director said she had hoped to hire us both but it wouldn't make sense financially. If you are lucky enough to have the chance of being interviewed here do so. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming and it's unfortunate that I wasnt hired. PS they offer catered lunch and free coffee which was a plus.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team?   1 Answer