Ontraport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended yearly job fair. It entailed a computer exam and a face to face interview. The computer exam started with a typing test. Followed by a logic and skills test. Most answers were select from drop down answer, but their were a couple write in answer questions.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the HR and then interviewed by the design team. The interview was quite basic. They asked about my background. I wasn't told I had to bring in a print portfolio, so that was a bummer as they were not prepared for a digital portfolio. They asked about my background and experience. The interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontraport.

Interview

Started with a code test on Github followed by a second more involved test.
    A phone interview was to be followed by a skype interview and a couple other interviews with Management and the Dev team. The phone interview was friendly and easy, but that is as far as I took it.

Interview Questions

• They asked what kind of work environment I wanted, what kind of experience I wouldn't want. Basic get to know you stuff.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Telephone interview. Please do note, Ontraport contacted me when I applied, I did not pursue them more than once.

Gross lack of professionalism in not getting back to the candidate. One does not engage an applicant and then completely disregard him/her. How difficult is it to reply with 'we have decided to pursue other candidates'? Even when I followed up with an inquiry about the status of my candidacy, no response whatsoever.

How lame can they be when the complaints on glassdoor are items they can be easily rectified with little or no cost, i.e. vacation days allowed to be taken in a single period and 401k?

Interview Questions

• Details on previous experience   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application, resume and test online and received an email from the recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was scheduled for a Google Hangout interview with the department manager the following week. An in person interview was then scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ONTRAPORT?   Answer Question
    • Are you open to taking on other responsibilities not listed in your regular duties?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite position in your career history? And why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the benefits and compensation package offered was generous.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontraport.

Interview

found posting on job website or craigslist and submitted my resume with cover to the general jobs email address. I received a call back and scheduled a phone interview for the following day. Phone interview was basic and easy to pass general questions about motivations and background. I was offered oppty to come in for a in person interview with execs, which was were I was totally unprepared and bombed the interview. :(

Interview Questions

• relationship with current employer.   1 Answer

Customer Support Sidekick Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had one interview over the phone with a recruiter. Her once concern was that I was currently making more than they were willing to pay as a starting wage. Once I mentioned that I was okay with that, the recruiter told me that I would be brought in for another interview after our call. Shortly after that I was contacted to meet with the Director of Customer Support. This interview was pretty easy going and comfortable. Then had a final interview with the COO. The whole interview process was pretty laid back and straight forward.

QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I remember having a quick phone interview and then meeting with a girl from HR. She asked me if I knew Java pretty well so I got excited and thought they would expect intermediate coders from the start. I think you could go into this internship not knowing anything about coding or CS and be fine.

Customer Support Hero Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

First you fill out a brief form and submit a resume/cover letter. You're then instructed to take a typing test and download Jing to take a screenshot. You then get a call from a friendly HR rep who decides if you would be a good fit. Next comes CS management or the CS director then finally the COO. If all approve, you get an offer letter and can ask the HR rep any questions!

Support Hero Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ontraport in July 2014.

Interview

First you just fill out your name and why you think you're qualified online! They immediately send you a typing test and request your resume. You will then get a call from Sarah as your first interview which is pretty casual. She'll pass on your name if she thinks you'll be good. I skipped a step and went straight to the CS manager the next day. The following day, I then skyped with the COO Lena. It was one of the fastest interview processes I've been through and everyone was so friendly!

Interview Questions

• I was surprised I was asked about what books I was reading or just finished. Not a hard question but unexpected. They just need you to seem smart and interested and self driven.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate because support is set up like levels and if you succeed you make more hourly.