OpenTech Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenTech Alliance

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was only suppose to be an hour, but I ended up staying 3 hours and I was perfectly fine with that.

I was introduced to all the developers, then we all sat around a conference area, and took questions from the developers and technical questions from the IT department lead. This was my 1st interview in quite some time, so I may have been a little rusty on some of the questions or the way of explaining some things because I hadn't had to in 9+ years. Either way, I felt comfortable with the team and thought it went great.

I then got to sit with one of the lead developers and look at the code base, etc. It was pretty self explanatory. I chatted with some of the other developers and they all seem really cool and awesome.

Everyone else I dealt with were great, laid back, and the open environment is ideal. It isn't loud as well considering it's an open warehouse type of office.

They seemed like they were really structured in what they were doing, believed in the product, and had some very exciting things coming in the future, and I really felt like I wanted to be apart of it.

I then left that evening, and heard back that I should have an offer on Monday. So I waited, and got an offer, however this position was retracted for me and I was given a pretty ridiculously low offer. The job I was working prior was paying me more, and that's saying a lot.

For my past experience and loyalty, I kindly had to decline the offer, even though worse case scenario and I really needed something, I would have taken it. I would have LOVED this job and working with the small team that was there. I even met the CEO the same day and he seemed really nice. No hard feelings at all minus the offer, but I understand.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

They told me that they didn't really even know what the position entailed, so they wanted someone who could come up with it. They had a panel interview, which was fine, but it felt like the CEO was the only one who really cared - everyone else was just sitting there and would only ask questions when prompted to by him.

I was way overqualified, which was apparent a few days later when they reposted the job at 35k under what I was asking for. They didn't even call me, it was really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my experience. They didn't know the correct questions to ask a product owner, like what one would do when there was a production bug and it would interfere with a roadmap release.   Answer Question

OpenTech Alliance Response

Oct 14, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with OpenTech Alliance. I am sorry to hear you did not have a favorable experience. The role of Product Manager is currently being... More

Storage Counselor Interview

Interview

Very Detailed
    Panel Interview
    Great Followup and follow thru

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer made and accepted

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the trainer and call center manager at the time. It was professional but also not too high key to make me feel uncomfortable. It was a 30 minute process approximately, just covering my strengths and weaknesses on my resume. After the interview I did get to meet the CEO which made me feel like I really mattered as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses in helping customers over the phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

very easy interview - basically if you show initiative they will hire you regardless of background. No difficult questions. It took about 20 minutes with them doing most of the talking. The less you say the better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none - offered an amount...take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

VERY easy-going and down to earth. More like a conversation than an interview with light sales questions and basically they wanted to see your level of customer service and how you sound on the phone. Bring your conversational tone.

Interview Questions

• VERY light sales questions and Customer Service related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenTech Alliance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process, was very relaxed and comfortable! Great questions from the interviewer and very personable and friendly! Was very impressed with the staff and how extremely friendly everyone is.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength(s) that you feel would be a great asset to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Loved it! Wasn't high pressured or uncomfortable.