OpenTech Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

OpenTech Alliance President & CEO Robert A. Chiti
Robert A. Chiti

1. "OpenTech"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance

Great bonus structure

Cons

Bad upper management

Bad training system

"Pays you well"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for, the pay is great and the people are friendly. Coming up on two years with the company and I will say I honestly wasn't looking to stay this long but it's been such a wonderful experience and I'm still here This is the only company I know that will work with your school schedule or your hectic home life. It is kind of hard to advance in the company but I think that if you continue to try and keep a positive attitude it will get you farther then complaining about not being able to advance.

Cons

The bathrooms aren't in the same building, so you have to walk outside to go use restrooms that are shared by other companies within the complex. It's a little frustrating when all the stalls are full and it's annoying that it counts against your utilization time.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I have is to pay closer attention to how your employees feel. You're not going to be able to make everyone happy, but paying closer attention to how we feel during the busy season is important. Also taking our breaks away when we have a call spike is really frustrating, especially when it's been four hours of back to back calls and we need to use the restroom but we get told to hold it. I wouldn't do that much more.

Aug 14, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I am glad that you are happy with your role and it has worked out for your work life balance. Regarding breaks, we are working diligently with the ... More

3. "Love My job and the environment provided"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great pay, friendly staff, vending machines conveniently available, I have my own desk to call home

Cons

not enough opportunities for promotions or special projects especially for long term employees (not referring to in-charges)

Advice to Management

n/a

Jul 6, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear how much you love your job and environment, but saddened that you feel you can not recommend our company. We are growing all the time and with growth ... More

"Family"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at OpenTech is that it does not feel like work. It feels like you are coming home to family and the Tenants are the wired aunts and uncles that are strange but always have something to say.

Cons

Look at Pros. That Should say it all. We deal with a lot of customers we have good ones and the bad witch even this comment is in the conns the bad ones are to ones to give you job security.

Advice to Management

Management does a good gob always there when you need them. They work around your schedule because there are very family orientated. They put the effort to work with you when they see you struggling

Jul 6, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly excited that you feel we are family oriented as that is the culture we hope to cultivate. When it comes to dealing with difficult customers we have the tools ... More

6. "Great place to Succeed and Grow!"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time

Pros

Working here helps me feel that I'm an integral and important part of something big and, honestly, I feel like my efforts are not only understood here but recognized and rewarded. This is one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of working for and I am excited to be with a growing and affluent young company that see's their talent as an valuable asset in many ways.

Cons

None that I can see. This place is great!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jul 6, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. You ARE an integral part of something big. Each and every employee contributes to the success of OpenTech Alliance. We only achieve great success by our combined efforts.

"Puff The Magic Dragon"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can pick the days and pretty much the times I want to work

Cons

On breaks, lunch etc. I've witnessed many employees (including leaders who I won't mention my name) outside getting high, especially in the evening. Even saw purchases happen. This is very concerning on many levels. I'm concerned for my safety. This has been raised to HR on many occasions with nothing being done to stop it. I can't stand the smell of these people when they come back into work. Having a manager smell like pot is wrong, disrespectful and illegal. Was told this practice is tolerated because upper mgt does it...not good.

Advice to Management

Drug Test Your Employees - especially your leaders

Jul 6, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We take the working environment for our employees very seriously here at OpenTech Alliance. We are committed to a drug-free environment but please understand that we can ... More

"Company that needs lots of improving"

Former Employee - Storage Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good if going to school and need flexible shifts

Cons

Pay, management, room for growth.

9. "Storage Counselor"

Former Employee - Storage Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a very family oriented environment and ideas are heard and considered.

Cons

It's hard to advance, but is understandable due to the company growing and a lot of changes going on.

10. "Great company to work for - I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced growing company, very innovative. It promotes a family atmosphere with over 100 employees which is no small task. They are very generous. They give every employe a AAA premier membership and there is never a shortage on food. You will not go hungry working at OpenTech! They are always striving to improve and value the opinions of every employee, not just management.

Cons

It is very difficult to find one. My only comment would be nice office atmosphere but is in not-so-great part of town.

Advice to Management

The owner is a great guy but would do well to empower his management team more.

11. "A Fantastic Place to call home"

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OpenTech promotes a family oriented culture. They have very flexible work schedules (they work around my constantly changing school schedule). The people are great, and care about each other. There is no shortage of help when you need it, and training is on-going. The leadership team, from top to bottom is the best. They put their money where their mouth is and do what they say. Best job I've had - and I've had some interesting ones.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. I truly love working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great things you are doing. I love how we can make suggestions, you listen, and drive the change that helps all of us grow. Thank you!!