OptiSolar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at OptiSolar

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OptiSolar (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was working with Sahara Power Company at the time, the Optisolar hiring manager met me at the Nevada International Airport, being a startup company they needed a High Voltage Electrical Engineer to help them with interconnecting their solar farm project into the T&D high voltage grid.

Interview Questions

• What would it take for me to accept the job offer.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OptiSolar in April 2008.

Interview

Step one was a phone interview with the hiring manager. He had just a few basic questions about what I had done in the past. Step 2 was an onsite interview. I gave a presentation, and then met individually with about six managers I would be interacting with on the job. The most common question was, tell me about a really hard problem you had and how you went about solving it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you had and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Project Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OptiSolar (Sarnia, ON (Canada)) in October 2008.

Interview

Met through a friend, set up a phone interview, set up another phone interview different person. Set up a face to face meeting, client then cancelled. Set up another phone interview, was requested to submit requirements to work on the job, negotiated Salary under a contract basis. Week goes by hear from no one call back find out the gentleman who was going to hire me Quit along with his Boss. Called again to see who was in charge, hiring authority was now transferred to site. Met face to face with site and was told I would need to lower my previously negotiated rate. I said have a great project and wish you all the best. end of Interview. 6 months later project went BUST.