Orange County (California) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orange County (California) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County (California).

Interview

Application with supplemental questions s. Next step is a list of questions that they provide to you a few minutes prior to the interview. Once ranked, they will offer additional interviews as job opportunities open up based on ranking.

Interview Questions

• Questions are confidential but related to your knowledge of the industry.   Answer Question

Public Guardian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a lengthy process to apply to the County. If the position is not open to the public, you cannot apply. The application process has over six questions, on their supplement, which require lengthy answers. After that, you have to submit information regarding your character, such as convictions, etc. If you pass that, you either have an online quiz or a in person exam. If you pass that then you finally have your first interview. It is difficult and very nerve wracking because you are interviewed by three people or more at the same time. They don't go by your education, they pick who they like.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince the board to agree with your plan?   Answer Question

Learning Facilitator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orange County (California) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, relatively fast response from an HR person, maybe a week or two. If they want you, they will let you know. If you don't get a response from them immediately, chances are you'll get a rejection email months later. Set up a date to take a challenging assessment asking an assortment of logic and math problem solving questions. The first part is basic personality stuff, then comes the hard part. A battery of questions, some are easy and some are very difficult to solve in the time given. I guessed on several, but apparently did well enough to move to the next stage. They will not show you the results and correct answers. It is a serious test and you should mentally prepare yourself and take it in a quiet environment. After that you schedule an in-person interview in their building downtown in Santa Ana. I street parked and walked the two blocks over. They give you three questions 15 minutes in advance and let you study and prepare for them. Great interviewers, willing to communicate and answer all questions. Seemed to be a very efficient, well organized place. I applied for the job thinking it would be something else so I was somewhat unqualified and mismatched. Good overall experience though.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with clients and serving their needs.   Answer Question

Administrative Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Orange, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Online exams, followed by panel interview with q&a. The online exam was very easy. Basic math and writing. I feel I aced it. The panel interview was not explained by them very well. I sat with 2 people and had to answer 4 questions provided shortly beforehand. They don't give you any information as to what they're looking for within your answers. I later found out I didnt go into specific detail about some things, yet the panel of 2 had no idea about the intracacies of excel like I do. Odd.

Interview Questions

• The questions are confidential, but they ask 4 questions, each having additional questions within.   1 Answer

Senior Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Orange, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and heard back from them approximately 2 months later. I took the written exam and was placed in Group B. I then received an email a few weeks after that for an interview for my current position. I interviewed face to face with two individuals. I heard back from them approximately two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conversation with a parent about child abuse?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Orange, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 4 questions, (think of an essay-response form on a high school test) that were given to every applicant asking questions to do with the nature of the work. The first half was dedicated to AutoCAD, the remaining half dedicated to audio engineering. The job description wanted someone affluent in Autocad and/or audio engineering (perhaps to fill 2 roles with one job title).
    I did not do that well with the AutoCAD portion because that was not my reason for applying, but answered my best. It was awkward because I could provide a few words at most for the first half of the interview.
    Once the audio portion was reached, the conversation flowed. I asked many questions to the two gentlemen proctoring. My interview time slot was exceeded slightly, because I kept the conversation going. Remember its an INTERVIEW- so bring them questions too!

Interview Questions

• Please describe your Experience with AutoCAD and it's functions.
      Please describe your experience with live sound engineering.   Answer Question

Real Estate Appraiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They accept applications for one day normally (about May) receiving more than 200 applicants. Hiring process takes 5 months and they hire 5-20 trainees. First a stoic panel interview that left me scratching my head. They don't ask anything about you or your experience. I made it onto the "A" list then a second typical type interview that started with "congratulations..." leading me to think I was in. At the end I asked about the pay and benefits but don't since I learned HR will contact you if you get through. I applied the following year being better qualified and prepared but only made it onto a B list after the panel interview. One interviewer recognized me as being there the year before ;P I noticed lots of pencils (not pens) throughout the interview process. Their rejection notice was vague and I'm not sure what they are looking for which is frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Panel:
      describe a current construction project near you
      name some things that would add value to a home
      how would you respond if a property tax payer called saying they couldn't pay their bill
      this is an entry level training job, describe some recent training you've had
      describe the current OC real estate market and how that affects the assessor's office (written)
      2nd interview:
      what are your skills
      name something about your current job you don't like   Answer Question

Vehicle Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply and wait 4 months to take a written test with hundreds other applicants. Schedule an interview after passing 2 months after written test. Wait for no word and dozens of calls and emails to find out later they selected one person and finally told me after 4 months.

Administrative Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Was supposed to be a three person panel, but only two were there and one of them had openly expressed dislike towards the unit I worked in. There was not a balanced representation in the panel.

Interview Questions

• How many years managerial experience do you have in procurements?   Answer Question

Water Quality Staff-Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process for this department was the most bizarre I've experienced. The description of the position was very ambiguous and confusing, the times to arrive/leave the workplace were never fully understand despite asking over and over. Communication within this department was tough to work with and downright awkward. Asking questions didn't necessarily mean you'd get an answer. I was very put off by this but took the position thinking I may have had an odd interviewer. I had to be an intern for 3months before the paid position and I was never assigned a supervisor. I worked there for 5 months following the internship and it was a daily struggle to understand my role and the role of others in the office. I wouldn't recommend this department to anyone who needs direction or can't work completely alone.

Interview Questions

• All questions I was asked during the interview process weren't particularly hard, however, the interviewers read off a page of questions and let me "choose" the order in which I'd answer. Very ill-structured and overwhelming, especially for a post-college grad. The interview left me terrified and I was very surprised I got the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No part of the job was negotiable, although the interviewer made it sound that way. My advise to others interviewing might be to push what you need from them, or you won't have any flexibility.