Orbital Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbital Sciences Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Interview

2 phone interviews. 1 in person in person with multiple managers and analysts. Relatively low pressure but they did ask follow up questions to make sure you had to talk beyond your prepared answers. Partial focus on Internet in industry and knowledge of the company and he work that they do.

Interview Questions

• Entry level position. Basic finance questions and interest in industry.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Only done over the phone. Interviewed with a recruiter and then my future manager for the summer. Both were very fit based interviews and checking to see where my interests were/where to place me within the company.

Overall the process was well organized and run. The recruiter was great to work with and very persistent in staying in touch with me.

Composite Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

A quick phone call, and then a video conference where I talked with the engineer I would be working under. The video conference was about 30 minutes long. It was a fairly relaxed interview with hard questions and felt very casual. Overall it was an easy interview and I had no problem answering any of the questions.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked with Carbon Fiber, and had experience with the process of its construction.   Answer Question
    • Fairly normal behavioral questions like times I had to ask for help etc.   Answer Question
    • If I had any Hands-on experience since this was a manufacturing position   Answer Question

Associate Program Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. We went over my qualifications and talked for a bit after, the whole thing was over in about an hour. The only qualm I had was that the interview started a bit late. Not really a bit issue, just something I noticed since I like to be punctual.

Business Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later. I set up an interview within three days. I interviewed with 3 people who would be my potential managers. I was alone with the first interviewer for about 20 minutes, I was alone with the second interviewer for about 50 minutes, and the third interviewer joined in for an additional 25. They called me six days later to offer the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the U.S. stands internationally?   Answer Question
    • How might you need to interact differently with engineers than business people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later was called to schedule an interview. Due to time conflicts I was not able to interview in person however they allowed me to do interview over the phone. Two people conducted the phone interview. There was a very quick turnaround so I only did one interview.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask one of your professors/former employers about your strengths and weaknesses, what would they say?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Interview

I interviewed at the Chandler AZ place. I spoke with a variety of groups. First an HR representative (went over benefits package), then Dave Weddle (Engineering Manager). Then I lost track of who I met, because there were so many, and the email I got only listed two names.

I got a tour of the facilities, and spoke with some people about systems and some people about components, then with another manager. They all asked about my resume, and questions about what kind of job I wanted (how I wanted to specialize). That was tricky for me, because as a soon-to-be college grad, I don't have the experience to have picked a specialty. Several asked me how I deal with conflict. They were the most interested by the projects I listed on my resume (they were all class projects, since I have no job experience).

A couple times, I was shown a circuit diagram and asked to talk about it. I pointed out the components whose symbols I recognized. They highlighted certain areas and asked me to discuss them. Some I got and some I didn't, but in all cases I tried to articulate my thought process aloud.

The process took four hours, although I'd expected it to be three. I was told that I could expect to hear from HR within a couple weeks.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Interview

Applied for an internship during college. Phone interview with manager was short. Asked background questions and courses taken in college

Interview Questions

• None. Was asked to expand on certain parts of conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate, but certain interns got fringe perks for interning(ie, moving costs covered)

Principal Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Dulles, VA).

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, Director of Manufacturing and the Manager of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it will be difficult to transition from commercial manufacturing standards to NASA standards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me an offer but I refused. They then made a counter offer which I accepted.

Configuration Management Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Dulles, VA).

Interview

HR contacted me via telephone and scheduled the interview. I was sent an email containing a job application to complete prior to the interview. The time I requested was was not a problem for the hiring manager. The interview time was only 1.5 hours. The hiring manager and I had prior co-workers in common. With my background in mechanical design and drafting made it easy for us to have a discussion that flowed with no excess question on my behalf.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem with the commute   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed.