Ordnance Survey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ordnance Survey

Head of Strategy and Insight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was carried out by a director and a human resources manager. The questions were a mix of competency and standard interview questions. The director indicted that she believed that I could do the job but wanted a person from an upper middle class background rather than a working class background.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my universities careers page. I then received an email saying I had been shortlisted, and given an interview time and date. The interview was evidenced based with two interviewers. Questions asked included company knowledge, knowledge of the datasets they produce and experience within my field, as well as questions about my degree. The HR representative also asked some typical interview questions like 'who is your role model' and 'tell me how you have overcome differences in a team'. The other interviewer was a member of the department, who to be honest did not look happy to be there

Product Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call for a chat with manager and HR rep, folliowed by: Online exams (personal review, maths, english and spatial awareness), then in the office, conducted via a group of assessors - a role play and scenario situation, lots of paper work questions (for you to read and answer) and a fake meeting with your new manager to read, answer and present your findings (as if it were a status update) - and plenty of interviews with different people. A tough process, but one that intrigued me and when the offer was made interested me to follow up.

Interview Questions

• One thing I had done recently that I was proud of.   1 Answer