Oreck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oreck Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.6

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oreck.

Interview

Too lengthy, slow moving, too many hoops to jump through for low paying job. String you along so that you stop searching while they finish the process of trying to find better

Store Manager Interview

Interview

It was over the phone with the district manager.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oreck (Roseville, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Very low key. It was informal. I was presentable, but for a job fixing vacuums, was right to not show up dressed in a suit or anything like that. If interviewing for a sales or management position, however, I suggest at least casual business attire.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very basic thing about my work ethic, my experience with repair, and my experience with customer service.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oreck (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with district manager, and store manager, basic interview and questions. they seem to be interested in seasoned sales and manger candidates. the job is based on performance so would I be interested in a job based solely on sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for oreck.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating on pay this was commissioned and bonus based job. the more you sell the more you make. under-performers were either demoted our let go.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oreck (Chandler, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied on craigslist and received an interview in person with the store manager. The first interview went well and sent me to another store to get an interview with another manager and have a second opinion. That interview was similar to the first. I got the job right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little negotiation. I was told the pay scale in advance and would not budge.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oreck (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Received a call and scheduled a phone interview which was supposed to last 30 minutes. Then talked to the recruiter who interrupted the call once to take another call and called me back afterwards. he asked a bunch of random questions. Starting with my recent experience, then going on about motivating employees, dealing with customers, dealing with supervisors, scheduling. She asked me about my salary expectation which was higher than what they usually pay. She told me to think about it and that she would call me back which she never did. Interview lasted 50 minutes.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oreck (Cookeville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

Oreck sounds like a good place to work. Oreck is one of the few vacuum cleaner / home small appliance companies that have manufacturing in the US. The people who interviewed me were nice and punctual. The questions they asked were reasonable. They had some comments about me being overqualified for the position, since they were looking for an entry level engineer.

Interview Questions

• As far as I remember they asked me about previous experience in engineering.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about previous experience in manufacturing.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oreck (Cookeville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

All hiring and applications are done on the Internet like most companies prefer now. The process was pretty simple, upload your resume, fill out your work history and put down references. If interested the company will schedule a phone interview and evaluate you over the phone. If this goes well there will be in person interview with one person from the floor and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all relevant but if your going into sales, you will probably get the " I am your customer and I want you to sell me this pen" scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation on salary you get minimum wage plus commission. But if you do well you can make $60,000 to $80'000. If you do extremely well.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oreck (Cookeville, TN) in September 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for a quality auditor job from within.Interviewed by quality manager a two quality engineers. I have had years of experience in quality at other companies. Was never given a reason for not getting the job .They just tell you that you didn't get the job. Most different company that I have ever worked for.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oreck (Nashville, TN) in February 2009.

Interview

plenty of different interviews with different managers

Negotiation

This phase was very good