Orion Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Very standard interview process, had a phone interview with HR, and another one with manager. Also one onsite interview with team. They offered me the role, then 1 week before the start date they told me that they are withdrawing the offer due to restructuring.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Orion Health (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by their recruiter who set up a phone call which went really well. I was then set up for an interview in their SM office to meet with the President of Sales (the team I would be reporting to. He then brought in his boss to meet with me. Lastly I had a phone interview with the head of Account Management at the time which went really well. I was hiring within a month and started about a month later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to run through my resume and to share details about my sales experience   Answer Question

Orion Health Response

Aug 13, 2017 – Head of People

Thanks for the review. Welcome on board.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter. I was then connected with another recruiter who would schedule the phone interview with a team member. Had the phone interview with a current Account Manager and then was recommended to come on site for an in person with the hiring manager. Meet with the hiring manager in person and now waiting for decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orion Health in September 2013.

Interview

Basic preliminary phone screen with an HR/recruiter type person. This was followed by a more in-depth phone interview assessing technical skills and exposures to programing stacks. In person interview where you were given different scenarios and asked to describe the technologies, protocols and actions necessary to accomplish the desired goal.

Interview Questions

• There were no truly out of the ordinary interview questions asked. A few that come to mind were;
      How did you deal with an unhappy or aggressive client while onsite during an implementation?
      What are your best and Worst qualities/traits?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health in December 2013.

Interview

Process was very slow. Interacted with an internal recruiter prior to setting up interview.

Phone interview: must "green-light" a candidate to move on. Basic questions regarding career history, web dev experience, sql experience. Fairly technical. Supposed to be limited to 15 minutes.

In Person interview: double technical 2v1 interview. Sometimes both parties are in person. Sometimes one party is in person and the other is on skype from NZ - this means you should schedule your interview later in the day - the NZ people don't like getting up early to interview.

The main question asked is "Explain how google works" going into as much painful detail as possible. This has little to do with your actual tasks if hired. Typical Good Cop / Bad Cop setup. Bad cop is there to test the limits of how you deal with poor interpersonal skills.

Offer: This company always low-balls at least $10k under asking price. My experience was no negotiation / take-it-or-leave it. New grad salaries are extremely low - you could make more waiting tables in an upscale restaurant.

Interview Questions

• "Draw how a web page works. Every step. Every technology. By name. Be detailed."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, $10k under asking price. Bonuses offered but never materialize for worker-level staff (manager bonuses are guaranteed in contract and get paid before staff bonuses are considered)

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Orion Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very speedy. Received offer within a few days of first speaking. Very prompt and friendly interviewers and recruiters. One of the easier interview processes I've been through. It was a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• If you could have stated in a movie that already exists, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hassle free and quick. Offered fair rate and package the first time.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orion Health (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

HR gave me two calls and both calls went well. I have no complaints on those calls. They were both very courteous and followed up with questions promptly. My bad experience was with a Director who was young and possibly inexperienced. It was a skype Call and she was distracted the entire time with her phone going off during the interview, was not focusing on the answers I was giving. Asked me a specific technical question and I gave a generic answer and decided to correct me by giving me a specific answer related to their product. In the end was told by HR that my career goals don't match with the position, which I am unsure how that even makes sense, when all I said was that was what I working towards in my current company.

Interview Questions

Orion Health Response

May 10, 2017 – VP People

Sounds like there has been a disconnect in the information flow between yourself and the team here. Apologies for that, it is unfortunate that the perception of your business is as above.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Meet with HR to vet, meet with VP of sales and global President. Each will ask you similar questions-why do you want to work for Orion Health. The best anwer is to know Orion Health, and be well studied on details of Orion Health's implementations and sucessess. The overall process was very standard, and you will be glad you met all of the individuals if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Orion Health. If you can go deep on this question, your odds are much better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open and honest.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was across 4 stages, HR, group interview, EVP interview, then a 1:1 meeting with the CEO. The interview process was efficient and well structured, I was put through my paces but that showed the commitment to recruiting and vetting quality in the hiring process which was great to see. Lots of time spent on cultural fit and understanding me beyond the pure work experience which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your values align with what Orion Health stands for as a company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I negotiated, they were flexible.

Senior Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orion Health.

Interview

I was refered by a current employee, and made it through the phone screen and two in person interviews. Subject to their IC "test" that is an excercise with very little context to make the software work via non-standard installation. Very little feedback from HR, extremely difficult to get back in touch with the HR Recruiter, and then all of a sudden deep in the process the job requirements changed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary question wise.. typical stuff.   Answer Question