Orvis Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orvis Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

IT/Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orvis Company.

Interview

I had a phone screening and then a skype interview with the team I was going to work for. The phone interview was very easy and we established expectations. The skype interview was a time for the team to meet and to figure out logistics.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orvis Company (Arlington, VT).

Interview

Easy interview process but a lot of rounds. Human Resources assess if you can fit into culture so it seems as opposed to skill set. Staff seemed nice but process was very slow. You feel like it's exploratory interviews and not an open position at first.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker are you? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Another job offer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orvis Company.

Interview

Orvis interviews are intimidating. There is a phone interview, an in person interview, and then possibly two more interviews with directors and your potential team. The process is very lengthy but a good experience.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orvis Company in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from someone in HR within a few days, was contacted for a second round interview with a hiring manager, and contacted again for a final round with the entire team. They asked for my references a few days after that. I was called about 2 weeks later with an offer and emailed later that day with the details of employment. I was given a few days to decide because it was an intern position, I ultimately had to decline due to personal reasons. The interview process was really great and enjoyed speaking with everyone. Overall I had a great experience, had external situations been different I think it would've been a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a topic you could talk to anyone about for hours?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orvis Company.

Interview

Received a request to phone interview within a week of applying. I had 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The in-person interview was a store walk through. They asked me what I thought of the staff and what I thought of the merchandising. I had some follow up scenario questions. I enjoyed the interview questions and the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you change different in the store and how would you explain the change to management.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orvis Company.

Interview

Long and drawn out process that lasted several months. Very basic interview questions, asking to describe oneself and their strengths/weaknesses. Everyone I dealt with along the process was easy to talk to which made the process better.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orvis Company in September 2015.

Interview

You apply online, vetted by the HR department in Vermont and hired by them with no input from the local store. It was a very easy interview. You will meet with the local retail manager who may or may not have say in your hiring.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Met with several members of various departments. Everyone was friendly and asked good questions. Severa rounds of inteviews gets exhausting however. Overall a positive experience. Would recommend to a friend.

IT Support Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orvis Company (Sunderland, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

Application sent with Resume. Invited in for HR interview. After passing the HR screening, another interview was scheduled with IT personnel. A comprehensive interview with IT dept. Hired on in one week.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced and created a solution for?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orvis Company (Sunderland, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after asking at the store and got a quick callback from Vermont for some questions. Nothing about fishing. I signed up for a 101 class to see how they go about their societal interaction. The class was cancelled due to a bit of rain, so I went out to fly fish and returned later in the afternoon for a "group" informational gathering. It had a bit of info and the man who gave it seemed like the only attentive employee at the store compared to the others I've seen, but I was the "only" person to attend the group. The online store is a much more pleasurable experience than the woodlands store. I called the store in The Woodlands and asked about the status of my application and got an email from Vermont saying the store manager decided to go with other applicants. Great products/online store though. Would love a mirage reel with those carbon and steel discs, Helios 2 with titanium ferrules, etc, great equipment. Sadly, a no go.

Interview Questions

• If my mothers family lived on a resort in Mexico? Some stuff about old jobs.   Answer Question