Oshkosh Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

3.1

Employee Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I had 5 separate, small panel interviews and I was required to prepare and give a 15 minute presentation. The most interesting part of the interview was that I was interviewed by employees that would be reporting directly to me.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Green Bay, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Very archaic communication throughout the entire process, submission of application to phone screen. They want the best candidate but they were terrible in knowing where they were in the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had that most directly transfers to the role.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screen initially with a recruiter from Oshkosh Defense. Then follow by a panel interview. Then got a call the next day and made a offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made an improvement to a process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Felt compensation was above the fair market range.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Group presentation followed by individual panels. A plant toured was offered after the interview. I do not believe a tour was offered to everyone and think it was only offered to those who did well. Probably one of the most challenging interviews I've applied for.

Interview Questions

• To do a 15 min presentation   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

In depth review of background and leadership skills. Phone interview with HR to see if I met the criteria for the position they were looking to fill, followed by in person meetings. Met leadership teams at 2 separate facilities and answered questions.

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was panel style with 3 supervisors, the company recruiter, and the current Sales Administrator. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted mainly of all 5 people asking me about my past experience and how it would relate to the position I applied for. Everyone on the panel seemed engaged and easy to get along with and I felt comfortable throughout the entire interview.

As I left I was told I would get a call the following week with their decision. It ended up taking over a week and I received a generic rejection email.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense.

Interview

Came across the booth set up by them at on campus job fair, kinda talked a while by the booth with the hiring manager and got a phone call at the night and called in for a on campus interview the next day. Started with the "tell me about yourself" question followed with several typical behavioral questions, like "what're your strengthens and etc". No quite difficult question in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Personally speaking it's the behavioral question about the weakness, have no idea how to make connection of this with the job, i guess i should just prepare myself a little bit more and do some digging forehead next time.   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

There was a multi-stage interview process beginning with an online application submission through the company website and culminating in a personal interview just two weeks later. This happened to be during a very busy hiring period as the company prepared to fulfill a rather large contract.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future? Any future goals outside of this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. As a union employee, salary and benefits are pre-determined according to contract.

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense.

Interview

It was possibly the most unorganized recruitment that I've been through. The hiring manager did not show up for our scheduled interview, so it was re-scheduled to be a phone interview (3rd one). She then called me an hour later than the scheduled phone interview (not so much as a "sorry for being late"). She then tells me she will let me know their decision the following week. Three weeks later, I get an e-mail from HR telling me the position had been cancelled.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Neenah, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very difficult to get an interview. Oshkosh is looking for very knowledgeable people with a true inspiration to work endlessly to achieving perfectio. They require both extremely high grades and lots of personal hands on experienc.