Our House Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Our House Senior Living

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Our House Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Eau Claire, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I only had one interview with the director of the House. The total interview took about an hour max to get through. The training would begin shortly get scheduled after getting hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cooking for 20+ residents?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to lift 50 lbs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chippewa Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Chippewa Falls, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

A lot of questions about what to do in certain situations with the residents, work history, experience with the job. Why I chose to apply to work with the elderly and what interested me in working here.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you helping a resident in the bathroom who has dementia and heard someone outside in the hallway fall?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reedsburg, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Reedsburg, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked me questions, and did a background check, I also was offered refreshments, I met with the Director and house manager. The interview took 30 minutes. They made me feel very comfortable

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living.

Interview

Basically a group interview in which all of us were asked the same questions and were explained the same policies. Introduced to all other staff and residents, met the director and team leads.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios and case by case situations, a few personal questions.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living in January 2014.

Interview

Turned in application Monday and received a call a few hours later that day. Was interviewed in a group within the week (Thursday I believe). Offered and accepted a position that Friday, started Monday. It was pretty simple and they only called one of my references and then did not even wait for him to respond before offering me a position. I think they had already made their mind up in the interview and used the "day to wait" method as a form of conformity to regular interview expectations.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard; "what's the biggest asset you'll bring to our team", "what was a difficult situation in past employment and how did you handle it", "what if you don't see eye to eye with a fellow employee, how would you handle it", "what if you see another employee do something you feel isn't safe or kind to a resident, what would you do", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were unwilling to negotiate pay in ANY way.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Janesville, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview where they had us 'work together to survive on a island after our plane crashed'. Entertaining and broke the ice with your new coworkers. Then they got down to the nitty gritty, and asked the basic questions

Interview Questions

• They asked us what 3 items we would take from the plane cargo hold to help us survive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rice Lake, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Rice Lake, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

wa shired on the spot interview day i applied

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the management staff wasnt very helpful ..they wante dus to work but off with irregular training

Interview

I applied in person and got an interview right away. The director was very friendly and offered me a position on the spot. The interview was pretty easy. It was about a week between turning in the application and getting the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Baraboo, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Baraboo, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview about past employers , hours that I could word, and did I think I as going to be able to do this type of work. Was told what the job consist of and what I would be expected to do every shift.

Interview Questions

• Did I think I could do this type of work ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Our House Senior Living (Eau Claire, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Filled out paperwork and went back to the office. We discussed why I thought I would be a great fit, skills, experience, etc. I was hired on the spot. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work in this type of environment?   Answer Question