Outpost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outpost

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outpost (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

One of the best onsite interviewing experiences I've had. The day consisted of 4 interviews + lunch. The first interview was a pair programming session in Clojure (a primary part of Outpost's tech stack) but calibrated to your level of experience, so no there's need to prepare beforehand. Afterwards, there were 3 more interviews covering a wide range of topics: algorithms, low-level bit manipulation, system design, and some reasoning about domain-specific stuff. Questions really ran the gamut which gave me confidence that they hire good engineers.

I got the impression that being easy to work with is as important to them as technical skills. The interviewers were all great to work with, and lunch hour was a good chance to get to know the other engineers. The team members I met were friendly, sharp, and collaborative, and they even provided some immediate feedback at the end, which was unique and really helpful.

All in all, a really promising startup with a great team - I left with nothing but great things to say. Highly recommended!

Interview Questions

• A pair programming session and questions on algorithms, bit manipulation, system design, and some domain-thinking.   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Outpost (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience that resulted in a verbal offer with details confirmed over email. Had a positive interview with the CEO and enjoyed the time speaking about the role and company. The recruiter had reached out via LinkedIn and was solid. Overall it was one of the most exciting opportunities I have been approached with!!! They said they would like to move forward ASAP at the end of the interview on-site and would follow-up.

The next week there was a call with the CFO which included him talking and not letting me speak much, probing about my previous positions asking if I left on bad terms. The next day an email regarding start date and confirmation of that start date was sent by him, the CFO requesting I start earlier than the agreed upon start date. They said an offer letter was going to be sent "ASAP".

I had not heard anything all day and reached out and was told not to worry. I was worrying. Something did not feel right. A day later and silence still after being told they'd get back to me by morning with the offer letter. The next morning I followed up again and was told the offer was withdrawn. This was after verbally agreeing, having been communicating back and forth about start dates just the day before and having my references checked. I ended current obligations to accommodate their start date request which was less than a week later, as this was an opportunity I was not only excited about but planning on a long term commitment.

Ultimately the experience was one of the most unpleasant and shocking experiences, as I have never experienced something like this. That said, wonderful CEO and Head of Talent. I would question what went on during those last few days and how the decision was so drastically changed where you tell candidates who have made important changes to work with you that their offer has been withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• Questions that could be defined as culture questions, personality questions and questions pertaining to past experience working at different startups.   1 Answer