Owens & Minor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Owens & Minor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens & Minor.

Interview

I applied online on school's website and then had a quick phone screening before being invited to on campus interview. It was a behavioral interview and very conversational. That same day I got called for an offer.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brighton, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens & Minor (New Brighton, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Just asked if I was looking for long term position since that was what the company was looking for. Other than that it seemed to be the most basic interview yet. Also I winged it and it was the easiest one I have ever done. One question and a tour of place to see if I was interested and that was the whole deal.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in this field?   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Owens & Minor (West Asheville, NC).

Interview

Recruiter called and said the job was filled before an interview. Called back two weeks later and said the position re-opened and would I like to interview. Went through HR & Manager and never heard back. Three weeks later same job posted.

Interview Questions

• What would you due in a difficult situation with personnel stealing from the company.   1 Answer

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens & Minor (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview within 2 weeks of application, was fairly easy. They asked me very general questions and they explained to me what their company actually does. I was very satisfied and am confided with my answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens & Minor.

Interview

I had to go through 5 interviews to determine if I would be a great fit to work with the hospital client! 3 in person interviews and 2 by phone. The professionals who interviewed me were wonderful people. It was a very comfortable process in which I did not feel overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave an acceptable range based on research. I was offered a salary in that range in which I happily accepted! 😊

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens & Minor in April 2016.

Interview

I got called to schedule an interview. The hiring manager was very open with options and I was able to meet up with him in person right away. It took about a week for them to call me back and they explained to me the process and they made me an offer. I accepted and I did the background check information online and the drug test that same week. Once the tests come back good I will receive a xall from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when you worked under pressure and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked me what pay I was looking for and i told him upfront , he told me he would work with hr to give me the desired pay i wanted. He was very sweet and understanding.

Preoperative Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Owens & Minor (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick and decisive. The manager was very interested in my previous inventory experience. Asked me a lot of questions regarding my past experience. Took notes on what I said and was very engaging to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a fast pace environment?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Owens & Minor (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

In person interview for 1 hour with 2 managers. Reviewed my resume in interview and asked about positions similar to the one I was interviewing for. Asked about my education experience and past jobs and why I left each one.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Owens & Minor in March 2016.

Interview

I had a really pleasant interviewing process with O&M. I was initially contacted by a corporate recruiter and then met with a district manager. It was a pretty standard interview with no crazy questions. There is not a lot of information about O&M online, but they like when you know about the company.

Anyway, at the time, that job wasn't right for me, but the manager told me that he would contact me when he had one that would be a better fit. About three months later he did and I went through a multi part interview process with him again and his boss. They told me I was a final candidate and I thought it went great but I never heard a word, even after calling and emailing for follow up. I also emailed the initial recruiter and never heard anything. I would not have minded that much if I didn't get the job, but I think it is beyond disrespectful to just completely go silent like that, especially when I am calling and emailing to ask for follow up!

Operastions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens & Minor.

Interview

The process was lengthy with very infrequent information from the hiring manager. Instead of being honest with an individual if they were to move on to the next phase, they kept you in the dark. Interview was pretty simple, since I have experience in the area they were hiring in. Not sure why not up front, but was not happy with the response from the hiring manager about the position and telling a candidate to select a different field with their company. That is very unprofessional in every level.