PDF Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.8

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PDF Solutions (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy as i knew what i was going to do. Did the same at my previous employer.There is a standard phone screen if you don't know people at the company. Since i was referred, i jumped straight into 1:1 interviews. People i interviewed with knew their stuff so it was a good experience. Thankfully no HR BS interview. Also, HR in this company is just nuts so avoid them, if you can.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

I was a recommended by a friend who had worked at PDF. I gave him my resume which he passed on to his manager. The hiring manager gave me a call and we talked for about 30mins about academic and non-academic experience. Another phone interview was scheduled with another member of the team and he was more interested on my research. Lastly, after about 3 weeks, HR contacted me to initiate discussions about employment (internship).

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PDF Solutions (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1~2 phone interview, whole day onsite interview, typically talk to 5~7 people
    they ask very detailed/specific questions on process/device/data analysis/data handling/ etc
    you have to provide the thinking process rather then just one answer

Interview Questions

• technical related questions, device, process, data analysis, etc   1 Answer

CV Layout Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical, challenging, a whole day process from 8 am to 3 pm. Lot of experienced interviewers, looking for things that you can learn very fast or not. Too technical and very strong questions.

Negotiation

OK

CV Layout Engineer Interview

Interview

telephone interview followed by face to face

CV Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PDF Solutions (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Two phone call interviews, one onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• Where do the electrons disappear after pinch off?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity, they offered through mail and I accepted.

LabVIEW Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PDF Solutions (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied to an ad they ran and a day later got an email requesting a phone interview. The interview went well. Several simple questions about Labview were asked. The only difficulty i had was understanding what he was saying. His had s strong accent and it was difficult understanding what he was asking sometimes. Instead of explaining better he would say "Ok. You didn't get that" and quickly move on to the next question. I think he was reading from a script. He came off as being very rigid and inflexible. Of the question he asked it seemed only one answer would be the right one. He also was not interested in learning anything about my experience with LabView.

Interview Questions

• What architecture do you use for a LabView application?   1 Answer