PHH Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.8

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief 1 on 1 interview. Typical interview questions. Have strong customer service and phone background. Don't over think it just be yourself. They pretty much hire anyone for this spot as long as you have a decent background in the service industry. Previous collections experience helps but is not required.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave you current job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. I met with one team member, the manager of the team, and the director of the department. I enjoyed the conversation and found the interview to be informative as well as friendly. I would be prepare to explain every detail of your past experience and why it may translate into the role you are applying for. Always have questions ready for the employees who are interviewing you.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Potential peers first to screen; Then on to the hiring manager and HR for the final interview (s). The company was very organized and prepared. The company was communicative throughout the process about next steps and the job status. The interviews themselves were fast paced with difficult questions and scenarios, but were personable and friendly. I got a good sense of the company culture and pace from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation or project that you came in to; what you did to help; and what you learned in the process.   Answer Question

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Office is actually nice. Average corporate building. Nothing overbearing. This isn't a company with tons of money. Interview process involves questions regarding previous work experience and how you feel it'll relate to the new position. They also may have you do a mock sales pitch for a fictional product just to see how you think on your toes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you incurred a major issue on the job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you refuse the salary/comp plan, they'll call the next candidate in this position. I can't speak for underwriters or other company support positions.

Mortgage Loan Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

We set up a on campus interview for this entry level job. They asked the standard interview questions and followed up a few days later for a in person interview. I did not accept the offer for an in person interview due to other opportunities that I had.

Mortgage Loan Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied for the job and got invited to an interview. Did well, and got to the 2nd stage of the interviewing process which was two weeks later. Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I couldn't take the job. I canceled the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you faced a conflict with a colleague and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online for position, interview was very easy. If you can successfully speak without tripping over your tongue and you show an ability to sell, there is no issues.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers will usually give you a sheet of paper with some facts about PHH and our systems then have you look it over for 5 minutes. They leave and will call the phone in the room and you have to keep them on the phone until they make an appt wiht you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty painless. I applied and was contacted within a few days by a recruiter. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. They were very polite and upbeat. They took turns asking me about my previous jobs and asked many behavioral questions. They asked me to cite specific incidents and examples from my previous employment. Be sure to have your own copy of your resume to jog your memory and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions that began with tell us about a time when   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, everyone hired in my class was brought in at the same pay

Information Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple phone screen process with HR, and phone interview with Hiring Manager. Flown out for 'gauntlet' of interviews, met with five peers level and 2 senior managers in 7 hours. Process was lengthy but appropriate. Started at 8am, 30 minute break for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions very relevant to the role, no bizarre questions asked.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

They will ask a lot of questions involving how you are in team atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation