PHH Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PHH Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Compiance Attorney Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

Enjoying meeting and chatting with the hiring managers. It was more of a chat than questions and answers kind of an interview. Xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (New York, NY).

Interview

The process itself wasn't too bad, the recruiter was very communicative and kept me up to date frequently. Where it went downhill was an almost 4 hour interview in person with multiple people. This happened late morning and through lunch with no breaks. I had to beg for a bathroom break where I could stuff my face with a protein bar before continuing. I liked meeting with everyone but after a couple of hours you need a break to freshen up. I recommend splitting the interview into 2 days. That much time in one sitting is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

It was not the best. The recruiter scheduled my interview, but then cancelled by email last minute. I didn't know since I wasn't checking my email, so I was waiting for her to call. Eventually, I found out. She should have called. At the end I got an offer but my salary was too high! Why interview me if you know my salary is too high and offer me less than what I am looking for, less than what I was making? I negotiated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (New York, NY).

Interview

I do not recall the interview process as it was so long ago. Branch manager was fair and asks intelligent questions and has long term thinking and knows how to manage office very well

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by face to face interview with VP and hiring manager of department. References were checked. Once verified, verbal offer made followed by written offer. Salary negotions happened before final offer was accepted. Completed background check and drug test...once cleared official start date given. Process was longer than normal because it started over the Christmas holiday.

Interview Questions

• What was the definition of success at your previous employer? How do you define success?   1 Answer
    • Describe your most successful project and why was it a success?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Call from a recruiter to interview at PHH for a contract to hire Sr. Manager job. Given I worked for this company before and also having 25 years of experience in what they were looking for you would assume job in hand guess again!! After managing Call Centers/Customer Service for 25 years I was told by the recruiter that after my interview that although my experience was impressive the people I interviewed with said that they wanted someone who handled higher call volumes. Well given I handled centers handling 5000+ calls I guess it was not good enough which is a joke. Also while sitting in a room for 4 hours (1 interview at a time by VP's who where clueless about the actual position) when I finished one interview and waited for the next employees walking by I could hear complaining about this company so bad I am surprised they would even stay there. After looking PHH up online I noticed the horrible reviews by customers about how bad their customer service really is. It's a shame because I have managed very successful customer service/call center teams and built one from the ground up and here is this company just passing by someone who could fix their customer service and improve their company!!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how many people I have managed at one time.   Answer Question

Information Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple phone screen process with HR, and phone interview with Hiring Manager. Flown out for 'gauntlet' of interviews, met with five peers level and 2 senior managers in 7 hours. Process was lengthy but appropriate. Started at 8am, 30 minute break for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions very relevant to the role, no bizarre questions asked.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Many organizational changes and difficult to determine who was in charge of what. More interested in technical side rather than skills that could be brought to the table. There were several people in the room and people were tripping over

Team Manager Position- Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter never informed me that I didn't get the job. Naturally I assumed I did not get the position when I never heard from the recruiter again after the interviews with upper management. Not even a decline letter.

Interview Questions

• Odd question asked by the recruiter was "will any job say you are not eligible for rehire".   1 Answer

Processor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager.. Interview took about 20 minutes.. He started off in asking me if I had any questions off hand in regards to the position.. Then went in detail about the role. Asked general work situation questions and how to handle certain circumstances.. How I would prioritize my day and pipeline. Went into what I would look for and verify on WVOE's and HOI docs. Very comfortable interview.. No pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation in your previous experience and how did you handle it   Answer Question