PHH Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PHH Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

It was not the best. The recruiter scheduled my interview, but then cancelled by email last minute. I didn't know since I wasn't checking my email, so I was waiting for her to call. Eventually, I found out. She should have called. At the end I got an offer but my salary was too high! Why interview me if you know my salary is too high and offer me less than what I am looking for, less than what I was making? I negotiated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (New York, NY).

Interview

I do not recall the interview process as it was so long ago. Branch manager was fair and asks intelligent questions and has long term thinking and knows how to manage office very well

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Call from a recruiter to interview at PHH for a contract to hire Sr. Manager job. Given I worked for this company before and also having 25 years of experience in what they were looking for you would assume job in hand guess again!! After managing Call Centers/Customer Service for 25 years I was told by the recruiter that after my interview that although my experience was impressive the people I interviewed with said that they wanted someone who handled higher call volumes. Well given I handled centers handling 5000+ calls I guess it was not good enough which is a joke. Also while sitting in a room for 4 hours (1 interview at a time by VP's who where clueless about the actual position) when I finished one interview and waited for the next employees walking by I could hear complaining about this company so bad I am surprised they would even stay there. After looking PHH up online I noticed the horrible reviews by customers about how bad their customer service really is. It's a shame because I have managed very successful customer service/call center teams and built one from the ground up and here is this company just passing by someone who could fix their customer service and improve their company!!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how many people I have managed at one time.   Answer Question

Loss Mitigation Specialist/Short Sale Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Interview went great. I was nervous but my boss made me feel comfortable. Very relaxed and stress free interview. They asked very simple questions. If you are a hard worker you will have no problem. They also asked personal questions unrelated to the job which helped make me feel comfortable. Loved the job.

Interview Questions

• Am I competitive and try to be the best?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Many organizational changes and difficult to determine who was in charge of what. More interested in technical side rather than skills that could be brought to the table. There were several people in the room and people were tripping over

Team Manager Position- Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter never informed me that I didn't get the job. Naturally I assumed I did not get the position when I never heard from the recruiter again after the interviews with upper management. Not even a decline letter.

Interview Questions

• Odd question asked by the recruiter was "will any job say you are not eligible for rehire".   1 Answer

Processor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager.. Interview took about 20 minutes.. He started off in asking me if I had any questions off hand in regards to the position.. Then went in detail about the role. Asked general work situation questions and how to handle certain circumstances.. How I would prioritize my day and pipeline. Went into what I would look for and verify on WVOE's and HOI docs. Very comfortable interview.. No pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation in your previous experience and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage.

Interview

In-person interview meeting with two key members of team. Interview was held in a private conference room with no distractions. Courteous and friendly. Interview was scheduled through an outside recruiter.

Scenario Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

2 phone interviews, with 2 management persons, and and phone interviews with hr prior. after the interview process you go for training in home office. 4 wweks of training and education were involved.

Interview Questions

• hardest situation you have been in. What are your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Reo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PHH Mortgage (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

10 minute meet and greet, very few questions, the interviewer did the majority of the talking describing the job and asked me to review my resume and describe my internal experience, and got offered the next day

Negotiation

not negotiable