PIH Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.8

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the Clinical Director of the floor about 24 hours later. Ended up speaking about my experience and basic questions for about 15 minutes while on the phone. (Why do you want to be a nurse? Why did you choose PIH? Etc)

Scheduled an In-Person interview 2 days later. I interviewed with the Clinical Director, Hiring Reciter, and Charge nurse. They ask a combination of personality and clinical judgement questions.

Overall, the process was very pleasant. The environment was very relaxed, professional, even fun.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

They treat you with respect, and pretty much treat you as a friend when you walk into the interview. I felt so comfortable with the managers. It was a little less informal, but it felt less intimidating.

Optometrist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

Took place at clinic during lunch time. Took time to schedule due to difficulties assembling members of interview panel at the same time. In front of panel of clinical directors, ophthalmologists and optometrist. Each person asked a question.

Interview Questions

• Clinical cases will be presented to assess how you think. Will be presented verbally with CC and findings. Based off of this, will be asked for differential diagnosis and treatment.   1 Answer
    • What weakness do you have clinically?   1 Answer

Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

applied online and waited 3 months for an interview. mini interview on the phone followed by in person with the supervisor then another interview with the manager that same day. received a job offer 2 to 2 .1/2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• How well do I know lab tests and type of specimens   1 Answer

Registration Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed at the Downey Medical Center by the Manager and Lead. I haven't made it past that process so I have no further details. I was informed that I would be contacted after the interview wether or not I was hired which did not occur despite sending an email thanking her for the opportunity. It would have been easy to just reply and express that the position was filled.

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was relaxed and intimate with only two persons conducting the interview. They were each from their respective department because I was interviewing for two possible positions at the same time. There was no time limit and the process was very painless for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you safely administer medication to a patient?   Answer Question
    • What was an instance where you provided exceptional care for a patient (along those lines)?   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager then scheduled for in person meeting. The hiring manager did not ask for a time preference and arbitrarily picked the middle of the day for the interview. Was told it would be 2 hours but once on site, asked if I could stay longer but I had plans based on the time that was scheduled. The second interviewer was almost a bully. She would ask another question before the first question was answered. She started drawing on my resume and just made it obvious that she wasn't interested. I just found the whole process to be off-putting and a waste of time. It changed my view of the entire organization and I question how those two even got into their positions.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA).

Interview

I applied online during my senior year of college - I received a phone call approximately a month after I graduated to set up an interview - Interviewed with the Nurse Recruiter and Unit Director. It was a great experience! They were both so kind and it was such a comfortable environment that I felt like I really got a feel for the unit's environment and the heart of the hospital - really excited to begin my nursing career here!

Interview Questions

• What made you take in interest in, and apply to this hospital?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a difference in a patient's experience.   Answer Question

Housekeeper (On-call) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PIH Health in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. She was not very interested in my lack of employment history and my months of trying to actually find a job. She was a little rude and unprofessional, basically rushing the whole call. I think she wants someone who goes to school or has strong work experience. But it was an on-call job and I was fully available and capable of doing the job, but I guess you have to have a degree in cleaning. She asked me too many questions about my life instead of the job and my transportation or if I could actually handle it. She also neglected to tell me more about what they would have me do if I was hired. It literally took months to get an actual response if I was going to get the job. I'm guessing that they were still interviewing people and finally found the perfect guy and later emailed everyone they interviewed that they would not be accepted.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PIH Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had no sense they did any pre-work in reviewing my background or thoroughly reading my resume'. Also after some probing questions about the tasks and responsibilities it became apparent they were not fully transparent in the advertising of the position as some tasks are very challenging in the work environment and dynamic

Interview Questions

• Experience related to the tasks and responsibilities   Answer Question
    • How my current and previous experience relates to the role.   Answer Question