PIH Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PIH Health Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

2.8

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager then scheduled for in person meeting. The hiring manager did not ask for a time preference and arbitrarily picked the middle of the day for the interview. Was told it would be 2 hours but once on site, asked if I could stay longer but I had plans based on the time that was scheduled. The second interviewer was almost a bully. She would ask another question before the first question was answered. She started drawing on my resume and just made it obvious that she wasn't interested. I just found the whole process to be off-putting and a waste of time. It changed my view of the entire organization and I question how those two even got into their positions.

Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

applied online and waited 3 months for an interview. mini interview on the phone followed by in person with the supervisor then another interview with the manager that same day. received a job offer 2 to 2 .1/2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• How well do I know lab tests and type of specimens   1 Answer

Optometrist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

Took place at clinic during lunch time. Took time to schedule due to difficulties assembling members of interview panel at the same time. In front of panel of clinical directors, ophthalmologists and optometrist. Each person asked a question.

Interview Questions

• Clinical cases will be presented to assess how you think. Will be presented verbally with CC and findings. Based off of this, will be asked for differential diagnosis and treatment.   1 Answer
    • What weakness do you have clinically?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Very tough. Recently changed the process and now everthing is done online. They ask situation questions and you need to come up with real examples. Not easy to do on the spot. Be preparied.

Interview Questions

• What is the best comtribution you have givien at any job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

It used to be easier at DRMC, now that it is PIH... Process is long, many qualified people never gets calls that application was even received and orientation takes too long to get new employee to their department to start work.

Interview Questions

• Cannot offer specifics for PIH, was hired when it was DRMC.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview with the unit clinical director and assistant clinical director who are both RNs; first half consisted of typical interview questions (i.e, your strengths/weaknesses, facts about yourself), second half was more situational questions (specifying moments and actions taken from clinicals/work/school).

Interview Questions

• Name a time during clinicals or in the hospital where you saw someone take shortcuts or did something wrong, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Downey, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a 15 min phone screen by the HR staffs and 1 week later, there was a 1hour in person interview done by the manager. They communicated mostly via email

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online twice in July and twice in August. Three days after submitting my application in August, I was called for an interview. Did a brief interview on the phone then was asked to also come in. Everyone was super friendly, even the patients I walked by. Interview was about 40 minutes with the nurse mgr and a charge RN.Mostly behavioral questions. Be sure to go through their why work here section on their website to help prep for your interview. I was extended an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you saw another RN take a shortcut on a procedure. What did you do in that situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Downey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This is regarding the interview process at Downey PIH. I applied online in early to mid-August. About 1 week later I received a call for an interview. I went to the interview a few days later. I received a call about 4 days after the interview with a job offer. I accepted and have been working there since September 21.

RN New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

I got an panel Interview but I did not get the job offer. There was 4 manager and 1 Nurse Recruiter that did the panel interview, they were all nice and the questions were basic questions about why you wanted to work at the hospital, strengths and weakness, some situational questions with specific examples. Overall the interview process wasn't that bad but did not get the offer.