PIH Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PIH Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager then scheduled for in person meeting. The hiring manager did not ask for a time preference and arbitrarily picked the middle of the day for the interview. Was told it would be 2 hours but once on site, asked if I could stay longer but I had plans based on the time that was scheduled. The second interviewer was almost a bully. She would ask another question before the first question was answered. She started drawing on my resume and just made it obvious that she wasn't interested. I just found the whole process to be off-putting and a waste of time. It changed my view of the entire organization and I question how those two even got into their positions.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA).

Interview

I applied online during my senior year of college - I received a phone call approximately a month after I graduated to set up an interview - Interviewed with the Nurse Recruiter and Unit Director. It was a great experience! They were both so kind and it was such a comfortable environment that I felt like I really got a feel for the unit's environment and the heart of the hospital - really excited to begin my nursing career here!

Interview Questions

• What made you take in interest in, and apply to this hospital?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a difference in a patient's experience.   Answer Question

Housekeeper (On-call) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PIH Health in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. She was not very interested in my lack of employment history and my months of trying to actually find a job. She was a little rude and unprofessional, basically rushing the whole call. I think she wants someone who goes to school or has strong work experience. But it was an on-call job and I was fully available and capable of doing the job, but I guess you have to have a degree in cleaning. She asked me too many questions about my life instead of the job and my transportation or if I could actually handle it. She also neglected to tell me more about what they would have me do if I was hired. It literally took months to get an actual response if I was going to get the job. I'm guessing that they were still interviewing people and finally found the perfect guy and later emailed everyone they interviewed that they would not be accepted.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PIH Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had no sense they did any pre-work in reviewing my background or thoroughly reading my resume'. Also after some probing questions about the tasks and responsibilities it became apparent they were not fully transparent in the advertising of the position as some tasks are very challenging in the work environment and dynamic

Interview Questions

• Experience related to the tasks and responsibilities   Answer Question
    • How my current and previous experience relates to the role.   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had high hopes for this organization, but the recruitment process changed my mind. The recruiter and organization presented as unprofessional, disorganized and will take a very long time to get anything accomplished.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PIH Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fair and structured. Be prepared to answer some basic interview questions (strength and weakness, what would you do in a respiratory emergency, how do work in a team, how well do you communicate with others).

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you (new grad) and not a nurse with years of experience?   Answer Question

RN New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online twice in July and twice in August. Three days after submitting my application in August, I was called for an interview. Did a brief interview on the phone then was asked to also come in. Everyone was super friendly, even the patients I walked by. Interview was about 40 minutes with the nurse mgr and a charge RN.Mostly behavioral questions. Be sure to go through their why work here section on their website to help prep for your interview. I was extended an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you saw another RN take a shortcut on a procedure. What did you do in that situation?   1 Answer

RN New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. It was a panel interview with the director from 5 different med/surg floors. Everyone was very kind! The interview started out with simple questions, then to questions about various clinical experiences, and ended with a case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PIH Health in April 2016.

Interview

Had an interview w unit manager and assist and director. Then had to wait for remaining candidates to be interviewed. Provided referral contacts, then for a call w job offer. They use an outside company for background checks.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PIH Health (Whittier, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed one on one interview that went pretty chill, i was asked bout my experience overall
    If i had worked at a cafe before?Do i know how make espresso drinks
    Food handling safety with my card
    Past jobs and why i left
    how well i handle cash and money for closing and opening

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions
      tell me about yourself
      previous experience
      past jobs and why i left
      situational questions like what would you in this situation pretty much just follow policies   Answer Question

Negotiation

compensation what was i getting paid before