PIMCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.3

Account Associate, Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard 30 minute initial phone call with a recruiter. Even though we have started the interviewing process mid June, the recruiter wasn't able to connect me with 2 managers for further interviews. It took her 2 weeks to get back to me with a request to connect with those managers and another 2 weeks to only reschedule 4 times even though I was able to accommodate any date and time. At one point when I was confirming my availability I got an automated e-mail that she was out of the office. I didn't hear back until the day when the interview was supposed to be - only to find out we have to reschedule again. I have politely declined another attempt.

PIMCO is a great company but unfortunately this process was more negative than positive.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me more about your latest experience. She then picked specific skills from my resume (negotiation, cold calling and communication) and wanted to hear more about how I've developed them and a situation when the skills were applied.   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university and was selected for a first-round phone interview in early January. The call had a few personal/experience-based questions, but mostly was comprised of a discussion of the global economy. I talked about all the things going on in Europe as well as oil prices.
    Several weeks later I was invited for an Superday in their New York office (late January). The day consisted of 6 back-to-back, 30-minute interviews. 1 was technical while the other 5 were behavioral/experience. I heard back about 2 weeks later with a phone call and then written offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Very open-ended, macro-focused questions that allowed me to speak about the areas of the markets in which I am most interested.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral/Experience: What is a time you have been more stressed than ever, and had a task to accomplish? What is a risk you have taken recently? When was a time you had to complete a project that no one had ever done before?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

I applied online and waited about a week and a half to hear back.
    Once I heard back I had a first round phone interview with an Account Associate in CA. First we walked through my resume, experience, etc, then dove into economic questions. It was a cut and dry interview, very stiff, not friendly or conversational at all. I ended up not getting that role.

Two weeks later another account associate role opened and HR reached out to me. I interviewed on the phone for that role as well. Once again it started with an Account Associate in CA. I passed that round then had another round on the phone. After both phone interviews I was brought into their NYC office for an in person interview. You have an hour long exam on the computer and then I met with 4 people, 2 sets of 2. They were friendly and we had a good conversation. Ultimately my fixed income skills weren't where they needed to be and I didn't get an offer.

Make sure you have really good follow up questions and fun facts for when they ask "what is important about you that isn't on your resume"

Interview Questions

• Why PIMCO? What are you following in the markets? How do you expect the new administration to impact markets? Please tell us 4 headlines you read in the news today and why they are important. What economic events are on the calendar this week and how do you expect them to impact the markets?   Answer Question

BDS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round was a phone interview, and asked mostly behavioral with a bit of technical
    I received an email a week after in regards to my invitation to superday. Superday was at Newport Beach HQ and consisted of 6 rounds of 30 min interviews (no break in between). It was pretty overwhelming (mostly behavioral with some technical questions) not too detailed

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Evanston, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online & then received invitation for phone interview. Interview was about 30 min and pretty straight-forward. Asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Been one week and still waiting to see if moving forward!

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1) 30 min phone call, basic resume questions
    2) fly out to Newport Beach. Had 5 2 on 1 interviews. One of them was an excel test, which is apparently a new thing, but was very easy (essentially everything about pivot tables, and one Solver). 3 were completely behavioral. they want to see that you'll work in a team and not b afraid to talk to ur boss if u need to or need help. 1 was a bunch of difficult FI q's - stuff on yields, IRs, treasuries, etc. Had to explain your process of why one thing would go up if another went down.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Networking call, then a phone call, before a 1:1 Skype interview and then super day. Typical questions revolving around your background during the phone calls, then more complex questions relating to cases during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you propose to grow our customer base among retirees?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PIMCO in January 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was a brief phone call, took about 25 minutes, asking only behavior questions, no technical questions. The questions weren't tricky or anything, pretty straight forward generic questions that anyone would ask.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a team?
      If you were given a project and after you finished, you were told that it wasn't needed anymore, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and got a call back a few weeks later. I was scheduled for a phone screen with an associate. A lot of macro and fixed income questions were asked. Overall it was tough

Interview Questions

• Relationship between fixed income market, interest rates and global macroeconomics   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and short. The interviewer was busy the whole time so he pushed back the interview twice. All the interview questions are fair. Just read the news and keep up with the market. Not so much technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about 3 recent news that you find interesting.
      Tell me about the market trend.   Answer Question