KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

PIMCO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 349 of over 349 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

PIMCO

Application

I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

Long and worth it. Make sure you study and prep. You will be tested on product knowledge along with MS excel and your overall views on the market and their investment philosophy.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me the through the mechanics of a CDS and how you would make money if you were to invest in it.
    Answer Question

PIMCO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

Virtual screening resume submission 6 questions Hirevue interview - behavioral and market general questions 12 back to back Superday interview -behavior and technical questions 2 MD interview - mostly behavior, few technical questions

Interview Questions
  • How would you invest your money and what asset allocation would you have and why?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about PIMCO

Join the conversation on

Salary Negotiations

20d

an

Analyst

PIMCO Portfolio Associate position 98K, 60 hours week, no sign-on, recruiter refused to disclose the “competitive” relocation fees or any numbers in emails, always insisted on phone calls even it’s something very simple to communicate through email. sounds a bit sketchy and what do you guys think?PIMCO

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

PIMCO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. The first interview was panel style. It was very conversational and they just asked about my experience. The second and final interview was with two VPs of tax. The first VP was very nice; however, the second VP had a terrible attitude. He acted as if he didn’t want to be there. It was incredibly hard to maintain a conversation with him. Afterwards, I was told I would hear back the following week and did not get a response. I followed up with the recruiter several times and did not get a response. Overall, I’m glad I got ghosted as the firm culture was quite uptight and old school. The unresponsiveness in the interview process should be a red flag.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PIMCO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

I had to attend 8 hours of interview, first call by manager, followed by 2 medium leet code questions. Then they had 4 more hours of interview with different team members. I was told that I did very well in all of them and they will come back shortly. They never came back after that. Complete waste of time for a programmer, they don't realise that we also have families and 8 hours of interview takes many hours of preparation and stress. In the end, I am glad that I didn't get an offer from such a company.

Interview Questions
  • leet code medium, and threading , Array blocking queue concepts

PIMCO

Application

I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

On-site interview with a panel of account managers and VPs. Basic questions but can be difficult when interviewers go deep. Technical questions concerning macro, bond basics, your personal investment habit/allocation and etc.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions concerning macro, bond basics and your personal investment habit/allocation.

PIMCO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

First round: talked about my understanding of the role second round: talked about past projects, one round behavioral Overall good experience. The second interviewer had their camera off, so wasn't very sure of their feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PIMCO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

I interviewed at PIMCO through a recruiter. I had to do a coding challenge and 4 rounds of interview after it. Received a "Verbal Offer" and never got a official offer after it. The interviews itself were very good but looking at how they treat candidates who have given so much time to the company, I am glad I never worked with them

Interview Questions
  • - Coding challenge was a hackerank minimum moved to get equal array question - Extensive "get to know you" questions
3 people found this interview helpful

PIMCO

Application

I interviewed at PIMCO

Interview

One-way video interview via HireVue or something similar. It was simple behavioral questions and nothing technical. Next round would have required a technical round I think, didn't get up to it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at PIMCO (London, England)

Interview

VO with both technical and behavior questions. Then several rounds of phone interviews with the Hiring Manager, and with team stakeholders. The waiting time in-between is fairly long. But overall, these are pretty nice talks in between busy working days.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in Mar 2022

Interview

Rounds of interviews to meet people in the team. Each interview took 30 min. meet with associates, VPs and the head of real estate debt. One round with the HR. One modeling test to build a 5-year pro forma.

Interview Questions
  • go through deals hobbies technical questions on levered returns (WACC)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 349 Interviews

PIMCO Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at PIMCO as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.20 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Analyst and Account Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at PIMCO takes an average of 35 days when considering 334 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Portfolio Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 62 days).

Common stages of the interview process at PIMCO according to 334 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.95%