PIMCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Imternal Sales Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

They reached out to me in handshake, I applied and got a phone interview scheduled a couple weeks later. Phone interview with a senior VP for about 30 minutes. After that, a couple weeks later I received an offer to attend the super day interview in NYC. It consisted of seven 2 on 1 interviews with people from there NYC office in person and people in there Austin and Newport Beach locations over video chat. Got an offer to joined them over the summer in NYC a few weeks after that. They gave an option during and before the interview of which office I wanted to work in if given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do companies issue bonds?   1 Answer
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • General questions regarding my resume and my experience   Answer Question
    • What is happening in the bond market?   1 Answer

Portfolio Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was long -- over 2 months of waiting to hear back. 30-minute phone interview followed by a video panel styled interview with 10 people. The communication and updates about the process were not that great. I was always the one reaching out for an update.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

Applied online through its career portal.
    -1st round through Sparkhire, half behavioral half technical.
    -final round through WebEx, 5 back-to-back 30 min interview, different in form based on the specific interviewers and your own background, mine was a mix of math/FXI/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tough mental math and probability questions.
      Describe a time when you miserably failed.
      Describe a quantitative project you worked on.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

It was first hirevue then superday on site. Hirevue was mostly behavioral with a few markets questions and fixed income questions. Superday was more technical, and has a lot of hard fixed income questions

Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Reached out by HR coordinator for an initial phone interview with hiring manager. Following by a 4-5 hrs of panel interview with 10+ interviews with excel assessments. The date of panel interview was not confirmed until the day before the interview, which is extremely unprofessional. Questions on the excel test were very unclear, you have one to ask for clarification. After finishing the excel test, have to jump into the group interview. For some reason, they cancel the last two panels of interview without giving a reason. After waiting for a week or 2, they sent an automated rejection message with the wrong incorrect job title. This is the worse interview experience I’ve ever had. The whole process was extremely unprofessional. I’m very glad they reject me, because I don’t even want to work for them based on the terrible interview experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

First round was a HireVue - tell us about yourself, one question on recent article related to finance. Second round was at NY office. Everyone was so nice and seemed super smart. Six interviews back-to-back. Some in person, some virtual with people in other offices.

Interview Questions

• Simple fit questions, why PIMCO, why asset management, stock pitch   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Miami, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

After being contacted for a phone interview, the recruiting team sent me a link on SparkHire. The platform gave me a prompt for which I was given a question, thirty seconds to think about the question, and then anywhere from one to three minutes to answer the questions depending on what type of question. Because this was an analyst position for Latin American accounts, I had to answer two questions in Spanish or Portuguese.

Interview Questions

• What are some funds that interest you that PIMCO is currently working on?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

First Round behavioral and technical interview with an associate; Superday ~5-6 interviews consisted of different areas e.g. technical, leadership, etc. Easy and efficient communication, great experiences with the HR team.

Data Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Video interview (one-side) asks 6 short questions, some behaviors and then general ML project questions.
    My super day has 4 rounds. They gave me a data challenge 1 week ahead, so 1 of the 4 rounds is to present my project. Then 2 rounds of behavior, 1 round technical (no asking on coding directly, more like give you a case and ask how would you solve it, then dig into concepts regarding models)

Interview Questions

• (Video round) What's a general EDA process? List some issues to consider when training ML model.   Answer Question

HR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I thought the process was thorough and well thought out. The interviewers were very friendly but to the point. They asked meaningful questions and answered questions well. I had two phone interviews, an in person interview, and a video interview.

Asset Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial one way video interview was pretty awkward. It was my first time doing a pre-recorded interview, so I wasn't well prepared. Followed by a brief phone screen and then made it to the on-site interview. The interviewers from the asset information team were extremely nice. I felt that it was more like a nice conversation than an interview.