PIMCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial HR phone screen with Recruiter, 1-2 calls with the business, on-site interviews depending on interviewers' availability may be 1-3 rounds of on-site meetings. If non-local candidate, Skype interviews are great alternative. Certain positions require assessment/writing samples/test, case-study.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY).

Interview

Took 6 months and interviewed with at least 10 people. The recruitment process can be slow at PIMCO as they want a number of influential people to approve of you. They have lost a lot of good candidates due to this delay as people had to accept offers from other places.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Long interview and feedback turnaround but positive overall and firm is very professional. Questions were very direct and skills were assessed. Benefits are great. Appears to have low work life balance which impacts turnover,

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume   1 Answer

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PIMCO (Cambridge, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus Interview - very straightforward. More like a discussion. The guy asked me my macro views, what will be my trading strategy, discussion about China. Lasted only 30 minutes

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Two telephone interviews and an onsite. Flew into Newport Beach from out of state and hiring manager out sick, so could not meet with him. Interviewers seemed to have limited experience outside their particular area and most (not all) came across as prideful know-it-alls. Beautiful looking office and surrounding area though.

Level of questions not relative to experience of interviewee. Questions on c++ code (taken from an internal code dump), bonds (price-yield curve, callable vs. non-callable), sql, unix. More for someone with 3-5 years experience rather than 10+.

Worst is that myself nor my agent ever received feedback. Extremely unprofessional. HR undergoing internal changes currently.

Interview Questions

• Question on use of regular expressions in Unix sed/awk commands. However interviewer wasn't clear on what he was looking for. Most of the time it seemed like they just wanted to hear buzzwords, rather than a full answer.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at the Newport location. Met with two different women and discussed about my qualifications and skills. No out of the ordinary questions for this position. They were definitely looking for someone who did NOT want career advancement.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, questions about excel proficiency   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

Three round interview, questions were not too difficult. The interview process was overall pleasant, but the HR team was not that efficient when it came to following up with me. However, the managers were very nice and easy to talk to. They wanted to know about my past experiences and what I expect from this role.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application online. The next round was a phone interview, and then the final round was a superday with 6 30 minute interviews. Both had a mix of market based and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• General macroeconomic questions, current events, typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Was hard with different technical questions. Majority of it was business relevant questions better learn all the FI acronyms. For starters Investopedia is a good place to start with. It has all the financial terms one need to understand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the internship and had one phone interview. The process was easy and the company was quick to schedule the interview. Overall, the process was easy and the interviewer was good. The company was clear about potential next steps.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current economic conditions and how do you think they are effecting equity and credit markets?   Answer Question