PMI Mortgage Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PMI Mortgage Insurance Interview Questions

2.7

Investor Services Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance (Irving, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager in her office along with the hiring manager's boss via telephone. Approximate 30 minutes total. Covered basics of my work experience and how it relates to the current opportunity. Interviewers wanted to know about my Excel skills and exposure to various software applications in the mortgage servicing business.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Answered internet ad. Was contacted by phone to arrange interview. Interviewed by four attorneys for approximately 1 1/2 hours in Walnut Creek office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult other than my job experience did not tailor the position advertised   1 Answer

Compliance Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

It was difficult to get an interview as they were limited to the number of employees they could hire on a monthly basis.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall a difficult question or something asked that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Claims/Loss Mittigation Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Used to include drug testing. Conventional employment application process such as submission of resume, an interview by telephone, interviews with hiring manager that included specific questions of past job history, why candidate feels qualified for the job, and test questions of "what would you do if..." scenarios that pertain to the job; interview with hiring manager's supervisor, and Human Resources. I believe H.R. preferred candidates with some previous experience relative to the job opening.

Interview Questions

• I've got other qualified candidates, tell me why you feel you are the one, and how long it would take you to get up to speed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One sided. I tried to ask for higher income consideration should I exceed 75% of employees in that department; answer was "No". Also it became obvious I was still waiting on decisions by other employers I had recently interviewed with but they said I had to make a decision now and begin employment within a few days.

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The initial interview was with HR over the phone, and it consisted of basic questions - tell me about yourself, why did you leave your last job, etc. A few days later, I received a call to schedule my second interview. During this round, I met with two people - one on one. Both interviews were more informational sessions ... they told me about the job, the company, answered my questions, and I provided answers to basic questions - like the ones in my first interview with HR. A few days later, I recieved another call back to meet with two senior personnel. One of them was more intimidating and actually asked me random questions about how I would use Excel to perform certain functions, etc - but the other one was really nice and just 'welcomed' me to the company (before I even got an offer).

Interview Questions

• How would you use the V-Lookup function to perform a certain task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job posting stated a range for the salary, but they offered me the lower end of the range, and there was no room to negotiate. They said I had a few less years of experience than they were looking for, so it was like I either took it or left.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance in January 2012.

Interview

I was called in, had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, lasted 45 min, offered the position. I accepted, and was walked around the depart and introduced to managment and current staff- niice

Interview Questions

• tell me about a certain situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salay was better than expected- did not have to negotiate.

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PMI Mortgage Insurance in December 2009.

Interview

phone interview
    in person interviews (6 people)

Interview Questions

• competitive landscape, growth opportunities for company   1 Answer