PTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PTC (Uniontown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening to ask general programming knowledge. After that was successful, I was scheduled for a face to face interview two days later. During the interview I went through a series of programming/problem solving challenges, and then discussed more of the business side of things with an additional critical thinking challenge with a second interviewer, and then interviewed with a third person about the company and my background. Offered a position 2 hours after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was the hiring manager, why wouldn't I pick myself?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and they contacted me within a week. My first interaction was with the recruiter. We had a brief conversation on the phone about the position and my skill set. The second step was a phone interview with the specific department. I asked a question she wasn't familiarized with and she told me the recruiter was going to contact me with that information. I never heard from them again. I decided to follow up, but did not receive an answer. Made me think it was about my immigration status and not my actual qualifications.

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

1/2 hour phone interview, followed by 2 hour in person interview. After the in person interview, the HR person sent an email and said they though everything was positive, but they decided to go in a different direction. I did not reply, nor ask what that exactly meant. A day later, one of my co-workers get a Linked-in email, trolling for someone to respond. I suspect it was because their salary is low and they are looking to get someone more junior. If it's not a "Senior" position, then don't waste interviewees times...I was annoyed. Hence, I would not work here. I've seen other postings from the for "Senior" positions, but in the end what they are looking for is college grads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you found a configuration out of compliance, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position, which was posted on LinkedIn, and within hours, a Talent Acquisition Specialist reached out to me over the phone. There, he and I discussed my work background and how it might be a good fit for me. The following week, I interviewed on-site with the manager of the Proposal Team and two people who worked under her, my potential colleagues. We discussed my skills, experience, and what I could bring to the role. Then, two weeks later, I was invited back for a final interview with a Senior Vice President of Sales Operations and a Sales Representative, who assessed whether I was a good cultural fit or not. Two days later, I was offered the position and I accepted it over the phone.

Overall, it was a great process and the Talent Acquisition Specialist was a great help to facilitate the process and go to bat for me.

Front End Specialist Interview

Interview

I was supposed to have a phone interview with HR. The never called, emailed me 3 hours later and said they were still recruiting and if I could talk tomorrow. Scheduled a interview and again never was called or emailed. I don't usually write reviews but that is unacceptable. I get that things happen but no apology, no valid reason, and was not informed either time. I can't waste my time like that I have a job I have to do.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Call, Phone Screen, Group Interview and Presentation. Interview couldn't have gone better but the first 3 stages took over a month and there was cancellations and confusion about the role on their part. Was told I would have an answer after the group interview but 5 days later get call that they want to add another round. They claimed it was because it was a critical role but then no one was available for yet another 3 weeks. Could'nt dedicate two months to the process so I declined and took an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Could you work to drive change in a group where no one wants anything to change?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fair and engaging. A lot of behavioral questions. Got to meet with different people from various teams and positions. Team work is valued in the process and personal brand/presentation skills too

Interview Questions

• Why this industry and why us?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PTC in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screening, then hour long phone interview with the hiring manager, finally, a 2 hour group Webex Interview. I was required to give a presentation during the group interview describing a project/program (no proprietary information) and have a Q and A session during and at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is it you want us to leave here understanding about you if you were to get this role?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

First Talk to PTC recruiter over phone. Then Phone interview with hiring manager. Next Interview in house and meet with 2 groups of Software engineers. Last Interview in house with Director.

Product Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, general questions. Recruiter told me she would get back to me, yet never did. I followed up and received no response. I was surprisingly strongly qualified; I'm assuming she just dropped the ball on this one