PTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with a talent acquisition specialist. Talked mostly about myself and my career aspirations and to see if I would fit in well with PTC. I then skipped the second round phone interview with a manager and came into the office to meet with three different managers for about 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous experiences and how they will apply to your daily responsibilities here?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about PTC's software and the industry?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was a series of phone interviews as well as an in person interview. I had an initial phone interview where I discussed my initial background and skills. The second interview dove further. The in person interview was very relaxed and I never felt intimidated.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was about how I approached my work.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick, professional and informational. There was an initial phone screen to speak about the position and if I was still interested in being considered as a candidate. With my approval the recruiter passed my resume to the hiring manager where I was then phone screened again before being asked to come in for a face-to face-interview. The recruiter spoke with me before my face-to-face which was really great because I was able to ask any last questions. I interviewed with three managers, all back to back. Each manager was prepared and familiar with my background so the interview was "comfortable conversation." I then was able to meet additional members of the team and a few days later I was asked to come in for a final round interview. A few hours following this final interview I was contacted by the recruiter with a job offer.The entire process from phone interview to offer letter was only two weeks, it was fantastic!

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me what you already know about PTC and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this specific role and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Hour long phone interview with hiring manager. Asked about my resume, previous experiences. Then had an on site interview with same manager, asked what i knew about the company, and at the end had to give a 5 minute presentation with little prep time.

Interview Questions

• Give a 5 minute technical presentation 5 minutes from now   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

I started with a phone interview which was pretty straight forward - they dug further into my resume just like any other phone interview. They invited me out to MN to do inperson interview and it was much more challenging with the behavioral questions. Be outgoing, ask a lot of questions, and be likeable. They are selective.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time in which group members were not performing at an acceptable standard and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

They didn't offer me enough money.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

My first interview was a phone call that lasted about half an hour. It was extremely casual and laid back. For my second interview, they flew me out to Minnesota to interview with two people. They were extremely nice and asked me mostly behavioral questions (tell me a time in your life, etc.) Overall, the entire process was probably about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unprepared for something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Blaine, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

I first talked to a manager at my school's career fair. The company seemed genuinely interesting and I was intrigued. I then applied online and received a phone interview a couple weeks later. The interviewer was nice and asked basic interview questions (e.g. describe a time when you struggled with.., etc..). The following week I spoke with the hiring manager based out of Minnesota as that is where the Consultant training program is conducted. She was very nice and scheduled a time to fly out to Minnesota and have a formal interview.

During my formal interview, I met with the hiring manager as well as a Principal Consultant. He asked a majority of the questions while the hiring manager took notes and chimed in here and there. Afterwards, I was told I would be hearing from them. The next day I received a phone call and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• You are a part of a school group that is receiving a lot of money to help aid in a research project. This project has very high visibility with your peers, school faculty and even community. Your team consists of three people: A 'know-it-all' who likes to do all of the work, a passive 'slacker,' and yourself. You just found out you won't make the deadline for the project. How do you approach this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were non-existent. The job is salaried at a base of $50k with an $8k housing stipend paid out bi-monthly throughout the months you are living in Minnesota for training. If you are kept on after training, you are then salaried at $58k.

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Two interviews--one over the phone with someone from the field (in my case, an Architect), then a live interview (in my case, with two members of upper management)

Interview Questions

• All questions were of the 'behavioral' type; did have situation questions during the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PTC (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview after applying online and the initial phone interview was very standard and fairly easy. The in person interview is where it gets difficult. They don't come off very personable or friendly, clearly they do too many and don't seem to try to connect with the interviewee. Basically its more of a neutral environment rather than welcoming environment.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Incredibly easy to the point of weirdness. Basically you just talk with a course HR people until they fly you to have a final interview in person. Almost the entire interview process was a light behavioral based one where idiots decided if you get hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PTC (Uniontown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening to ask general programming knowledge. After that was successful, I was scheduled for a face to face interview two days later. During the interview I went through a series of programming/problem solving challenges, and then discussed more of the business side of things with an additional critical thinking challenge with a second interviewer, and then interviewed with a third person about the company and my background. Offered a position 2 hours after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was the hiring manager, why wouldn't I pick myself?   1 Answer