PTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PTC (Uniontown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening to ask general programming knowledge. After that was successful, I was scheduled for a face to face interview two days later. During the interview I went through a series of programming/problem solving challenges, and then discussed more of the business side of things with an additional critical thinking challenge with a second interviewer, and then interviewed with a third person about the company and my background. Offered a position 2 hours after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was the hiring manager, why wouldn't I pick myself?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

brief interview with hr. said fit is good, will submit and promised to get back to me within 2 days regardless of decision about next steps, but never did. emailed a week later, no reply. i guess they just forget about the people they interact with.

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

It was quite easy and nice. The entire process was a wonderful experience. People taking the interview were nice. Challenges were all pretty interesting and required critical and procedural thinking.

Interview Questions

• Have you developed any automated tests for applications?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was a series of phone interviews as well as an in person interview. I had an initial phone interview where I discussed my initial background and skills. The second interview dove further. The in person interview was very relaxed and I never felt intimidated.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was about how I approached my work.   1 Answer

Technical Support Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

1 phone call with recruiter, followed by phone call with hiring manager, hiring manager's boss, then in-person with Principal BA, CRM Owner, followed by phone interview on site with 2 others separately. Everyone was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest tool in business analysis   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at PTC in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter initially through LinkedIn. Had a good call and was told that a VP would call. 1 month later VP called, had another good call, was told that in person interview would be next. Two weeks later recruiter emails and asks if I can jump on a plane the next day for in person, I had conflict and asked for a reschedule given the short notice. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PTC?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and they contacted me within a week. My first interaction was with the recruiter. We had a brief conversation on the phone about the position and my skill set. The second step was a phone interview with the specific department. I asked a question she wasn't familiarized with and she told me the recruiter was going to contact me with that information. I never heard from them again. I decided to follow up, but did not receive an answer. Made me think it was about my immigration status and not my actual qualifications.

Vice President, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

An initial screen call by an associate recruiter. After missing the first interview (without apology) and being late for the second, he set a poor tone for how PTC runs its HR operations. The call was a basic salary screener and provided little information.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, and then was quickly put in touch with the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was brought in to the company twice to interview with several people on the team. I received an offer the week after my second in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very conversational, but focused on how I would handle certain situations and how I would analyze a specific set of data.   Answer Question

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

1/2 hour phone interview, followed by 2 hour in person interview. After the in person interview, the HR person sent an email and said they though everything was positive, but they decided to go in a different direction. I did not reply, nor ask what that exactly meant. A day later, one of my co-workers get a Linked-in email, trolling for someone to respond. I suspect it was because their salary is low and they are looking to get someone more junior. If it's not a "Senior" position, then don't waste interviewees times...I was annoyed. Hence, I would not work here. I've seen other postings from the for "Senior" positions, but in the end what they are looking for is college grads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you found a configuration out of compliance, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position, which was posted on LinkedIn, and within hours, a Talent Acquisition Specialist reached out to me over the phone. There, he and I discussed my work background and how it might be a good fit for me. The following week, I interviewed on-site with the manager of the Proposal Team and two people who worked under her, my potential colleagues. We discussed my skills, experience, and what I could bring to the role. Then, two weeks later, I was invited back for a final interview with a Senior Vice President of Sales Operations and a Sales Representative, who assessed whether I was a good cultural fit or not. Two days later, I was offered the position and I accepted it over the phone.

Overall, it was a great process and the Talent Acquisition Specialist was a great help to facilitate the process and go to bat for me.