PTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PTC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PTC in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screening, then hour long phone interview with the hiring manager, finally, a 2 hour group Webex Interview. I was required to give a presentation during the group interview describing a project/program (no proprietary information) and have a Q and A session during and at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is it you want us to leave here understanding about you if you were to get this role?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PTC (Uniontown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening to ask general programming knowledge. After that was successful, I was scheduled for a face to face interview two days later. During the interview I went through a series of programming/problem solving challenges, and then discussed more of the business side of things with an additional critical thinking challenge with a second interviewer, and then interviewed with a third person about the company and my background. Offered a position 2 hours after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was the hiring manager, why wouldn't I pick myself?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

First Talk to PTC recruiter over phone. Then Phone interview with hiring manager. Next Interview in house and meet with 2 groups of Software engineers. Last Interview in house with Director.

Product Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, general questions. Recruiter told me she would get back to me, yet never did. I followed up and received no response. I was surprisingly strongly qualified; I'm assuming she just dropped the ball on this one

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR screening round.. then 2 technical phone interviews of half hour each.. then onsite interview either with panel of 4 to 5 people or half interview with each 4 to 5 people separately.. it depends on the location where the current position is.. the teams from respective locations will interact in the interview..

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Super efficient. Took less than 2 weeks total. Phone screen followed by in-person interviews. They accommodated my travel/vacation schedule. Heard back from them the very next day after each interview. Negotiation was fair - felt like a win-win. The people there seemed very friendly and hardworking. Not a place to coast or work 10-5.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, tell us of a time when you had to run a challenging project, what was your favorite project and why?, etc.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took approx 4 weeks. Phone interview with recruitment consultant was very generic about what I did in my past life, about their company and that the recruitment process will be ... long and tedious. Second skype interview with a Director went also well and again it was generic enough and very simplistic. The 3rd one was with an internal expert and it was focused on a very specific area instead of being generic to see if the candidate was "good enough".

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots and lots of extremely focused questions in a very narrow field of IT   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Had phone interview with manager, and after that in a few days in person technical interview meeting with 3 peoples. Questions were related to Java and Unified Modeling Language(UML) skills, and work experience. The final interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Please explain aggregation and composition in class diagrams.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and there was a small phone interview to get a feel if I would be a great fit for the company. I provided a salary range that would take me to leave my current employer. The recruiter thought it was within their range and continued the process. I talked to the hiring manager over the phone and we agreed to an interview. The in person interview went well and I fully expected and received an offer.

The recruiter gave me a call back and extended an offer that was 10% lower than my salary minimum. I declined the offer because it was lower than my minimum but expressed interest in finding common ground. The recruiter told me they would get back to me to see if they can increase their offer and/or PTO. The recruiter never gave me a call back. I called the recruiter back after 3 days and he said they would be interviewing other candidates and he would get back to me regardless in a few days. I did not bother to check in a second time.

It is clear the company is not interested in negotiating on anything to bridge a gap and hoped that I would be willing to work for less than what would take me to work for them. After reading the reviews and their job benefits, it was a wise decision because it is clear they do not invest in their employees who stay there beyond 3 years.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Referral. Interview. Another Interview. Offer letter! The process was really swift because I think the interviewers enjoyed what I offered. This Internship was designed as a learning process for the Intern.