PTC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
PTC CEO Jim Heppelmann
Jim Heppelmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance starting at 20 days PTO, most teams have some flexibility (in 171 reviews)

• Work from home, pretty good salary, (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • less Work life balance since lot of work and less competent team members (in 43 reviews)

• Communication from upper management is poor (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best choice I ever made was coming to PTC!"

Current Employee - Director in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Needham, MA

I have been working at PTC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to have impact, flexibility, competitive compensation, exciting technology, growth oriented mindset personally and professionally. Great company culture- Work hard play hard.

Cons

Can’t think of anything that’s super terrible or not common at other companies of similar age and size. Bureaucracy is much less of a problem than it was 3-5 years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep the transformation rolling!

"Brains and Passion transforming the future of the Internet of Things"

Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Needham, MA

I have been working at PTC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong employee managerial and leadership development programs. Leading edge technology helping unlock the power of industry with IoT ThingWorx platform and transforming the way we work in the future. Best in class technology deployment of the convergence of digital and physical worlds.

Culturally this company has gone through a remarkable makeover within the two years I have been part of the company driven right from the top and cascaded worldwide with a mission of hiring for Brains and Passion. Very bright future with enormous opportunity for both career and market growth. If you thrive on change ... PTC is the company for you!

Cons

Competition and time to market speed are both increasing. PTC needs to stay laser focused and ensure accurate targeting and messaging to improve our GTM strategy and customer / prospect messaging.

Advice to Management

As part the company's Digital Transformation, look holistically across ALL the initiatives of the organization to rationalize and synergize the portfolio or risk dilution and velocity impact.

As you embark on our physical HQ move to Boston's Seaport district take extra care to synthesize employee feedback, learnings from other companies and recent industry research on the optimum workspace layout options that drives employee wellness, satisfaction, performance and productivity.

3. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at PTC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PTO, benefits, flexibility and the people.

Cons

Salary is not on par with other companies.

4. "Always changing"

I have been working at PTC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Global company
    Employee perks

Cons

Frequent Reductions in Force
    Information withheld from employees it may effect
    Silo organizations leads to duplication of tasks

Advice to Management

Gather feedback about “bosses” and if they really should be in that position

5. "Rating"

I worked at PTC full-time

Pros

Compensation and benefits are great

Cons

No work life balance

"VP"

Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Boston, MA

I have been working at PTC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTC has a focused vision that is accelerating growth. Strategic partnerships, such as with Microsoft, validate the opportunities ahead. Talented employees are seen as critical and can get involved in many different ways.

Cons

Technology changes rapidly and PTC must move even faster. So if you seek status quo, PTC could be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to find smart and passionate people who respect each other's ideas.

7. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at PTC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTC has a focused vision that is accelerating growth.

Cons

Technology changes rapidly and PTC must move even faster

"Great Experience: Not your typical job out of college"

Current Employee - Analyst in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Needham, MA

I have been working at PTC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTC has been a great experience so far. I am part of the rotational program and got to work on different high priority strategic initiatives that I know I could not get anywhere else. During my senior year in college I was laser focused in high finance (IBD or VC) but thought about the true impact that my peers and I can make at PTC after talking to the members of the team. I didn’t believe it but during the first few days at work we already got to pitch to the SVP of Corp Strategy and CVP of Corp Dev. Only a few months in, I already got to lead projects and manage up (Managers up to the VP) level.

It’s the little things that make PTC amazing - the culture, the people, the level of autonomy, task significance and the ability for me to continue developing. My manager, 4 months in, sent me to a Management Training Program. They value development - allowing me to spending time to learn how to code, got better at financial modeling, meet executive via lunch and learns and practice public speaking through Toastmasters, while working and learning something new each day .

While 20+ days of PTO, amazing benefits like Volunteer Time Off, Social on Thursday’s, and a cafe /gym in the building, the ability to participate in the transformation of a technology company and actually doing meaningful work that I am passionate about, was the winning recipe (along with being surrounded by the most supportive and amazing peers).... truly great stuff.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but the biggest setback (for me) is not knowing how well you are actually performing on a regular basis. Regular feedback might be helpful so employees can understand where they need to get improvement in so we can work on it.

Other positions that I was interviewing for/received offers at paid more in regards to salary but NOT in terms of valuable experience/preparation for top MBA program and work life balance. Overall great trade off!!!

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the development of our employees and giving us the autonomy to lead and produce high quality work.

Allow early career professionals to get involved in decision making, leadership / development roles or to just sit in on a high level project.... let us all be part of the transformation

9. "good place to work"

Pros

I like working here a lot.

Cons

Sometimes departments from different verticals in corporate lack inspiration to work together to solve complex problems.

10. "University"

I have been working at PTC part-time

Pros

Great work/life balance makes it easy,

Cons

Not much room for advancement.

Showing 997 of 1,045 reviews