Pacific Hospice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pacific Hospice

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Hospice

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice in June 2014.

Interview

Hmmm.... what interview process? The physican "interviews" you. I got a text message from the physician stating that he wanted to interview me. Who texts to schedule an interview? #redflag

Interview Questions

• Filling the dead air and trying to figure out what your job is actually going to be. Oh, "Marketing" the company. It's also important to mention that everyone in that office looks miserable. If you know what's best, run.   Answer Question

Pacific Hospice Response

Oct 16, 2015 – Principal

Thanks for the review. The management has reviewed the interview process. We will continue to make the interview process better for all applicants.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice in December 2016.

Interview

One of the nurses asked me to interview with the doctor. The building is very run down and unclean with serious bars on Windows. Neighborhood appeared be crime-ridden with lots of homeless folks walking around. Noticed some appeared
    Drunk or on something else. The doctor asked about my psychology/sociology degrees and would I mind trying to get new patients for Hospice by visiting SNFs and talking with patients and families about hospice program. It seems distasteful to "recruit" hospice patients.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about your current job?   1 Answer

The Doctor (the owner) was observed micromanaging staff, yelling at staff. This person has a well-known history of being abusive, rude. I'd stay clear of this place. Keep looking, and you'll find a place where your work is appreciated, and you are treated
    with the respect you deserve. This place is not it.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

I met with a woman who I presume was another RN. She asked me a sheet of generic questions. Then she took me to a back room and had me fill out their actual application. After completing that she took me to see the doctor of the facility. He was not very professional. He kept answering his phone (and I understand as a Doctor your patients come first, but these phone calls were regarding him not being able to access some account online) He didn't even apologize for it, just interrupted my sentences. At one point he got up and left the room without saying anything. At the end of the interview he just told me once I was licensed to come back in and I could start? It was the strangest interview ever. Needless to say I never returned.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice.

Interview

I was interviewed by the office manager. The questions were very basic. This is an obvious one, but bring a copy of your resume. I usually bring along a portfolio to my interviews but this time did not because I electronically submitted everything online. I took responsiblity for not printing any items, and at this point was told to wait outside the office while they printed my resume. It was a bit embarrassing as I waited for a length of time that made me feel that they were reconsidering interviewing me.
    They printed a copy of the resume I submitted with my online application and we went over my experience. The director was on site, but did not participate in my interview other than a muffled "Hi" under his breath after I said "Hello" in attempt to introduce myself. He was briefly reviewing my resume, that contains 2 years of solid experience I am proud of, when he suddently walked away without a question or comment. It seemed to be an instant disqualification as the director seemed to not be interested in getting to know more about me or my experience. At this point I knew I did not want the job, but more than likely would not have an offer. After I finished answering the interviewer's questions, I had a nursing specific question and the woman interviewing me said she could not answer the question as she was not a nurse. That took me by surprise because in my interviewing experience I have been interviewed by a panel where at least one person shared my same profession. It was a very awkward interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a nurse?   1 Answer
    • Do you still work at ______________?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online (Indeed) and was called almost immediately for an interview. The interview was extremely disjointed. I met with a woman who asked me what job I applied for and three strengths, then she had me fill out an application packet. Then I met with the director of the hospice. He asked three questions, and then left in the middle of the interview for about ten minutes to take a phone call. The office was very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three persons. I was asked different questions. I cannot remember too much. They took me from one person to the other. I completed a written application.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

The interview was done by two different people. First interview they asked me general questions. The second interview was more in depth. They were looking for someone with a genuine interest in hospice. They asked me about my strengths and weaknesses.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice in January 2014.

Interview

I was very nervous about the interview, but the administrator allowed me to express my ideas and thoughts freely; it felt as if I was having a conversation with a colleague and not a potential employer! I was asked questions about why I choose the field of nursing, my strengths, where I see myself in 5 years, and what I knew about hospice. He was very interested in what I had to say. Overall I think it was a very easy interview (compared to others where the hiring managers were simply busy and didn't care about what you had to say)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why did you choose the field of nursing?
      What are your strengths?
      What do you know about hospice?   Answer Question

CHHA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Hospice (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

person who interviewed me was so unprofessional seemed like she didnt want to interview me, didnt make eye contact and she kept looking down. there were workers around us while i was geting interviewed which made it uncomfortable. she gave the administrator the resume and he came out and asked why i wanted to leave my other job in front of the workers. interview lasted no more than 5 minutes. i probably didnt get the job but shouldnt they ask if we had any questions or tell us a little about the job? to all the interviews ive been to this was by far the worst.

Interview Questions

• strenghs/ weaknesses
      why should we pick you
      how you handle stressful situations   Answer Question

Pacific Hospice Response

Dec 21, 2015 – Principal

We are a group of four at Pacific Hospice that are part of the interviewing process. The "workers" around were the decision making team. No one other than the "decision making team" heard any part of... More