Pacific Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pacific Life

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview and then half day of in person interviews. Met with everyone on the team (approx. 10 people) in individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a salary, I countered. They couldnt meet my salary requirement but offered a signing bonus.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Orange, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

In depth HR screening and typical department interviews with three different individuals from the department that was posting / hiring for the position. In general, the interview process was very much like what you would expect. I'm not sure what else to write here. I sat in one room while the three people came in and sat across the table from me. Everyone was very friendly and asked pointed yet typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you demonstrated ethical behavior.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview

HR phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager, and in-person interview with 5 different people across various roles. Very basic behavioral and situational interview questions (i.e. Tell me about this, tell about a time when...). In my last interview, the interviewer (a managing director) asked about my age then proceeded to blatantly harass me about my former employer being "a bunch of Wall Street convicts and thieves". It was grossly unprofessional and an embarrassment to be in the same room as this man.

Interview Questions

Pacific Life Response

Jul 22, 2015 – Public Affairs Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your interviewing experience with Pacific Life. Our goal is to create positive candidate experiences and the situation you described is

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online and have a phone call with HR. haven't received results yet, but they have three rounds. another one is also phone call, and last is one day onsite.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life in February 2018.

Interview

Standard process beginning with HR screening. HR was 10 minutes late and never apologized. It was very short interview (about 10 minutes) on Friday and HR seemed to be in hurry to catch her lunch or leave work earlier. She did not ask any specific questions to assess my technical skills for this position. Just a few STAR questions which are totally useless.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online, using a referral from within PL. Phone screen with recruiter, half day interview with PL staff.

Hands down, some of the best people I've interviewed with in quite some time.

Questions were role and situation based, predicting future behavior. Similar to STAR format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call and then a 2 week wait and then I got an invite for a skype call with the actuaries at the company. This was a group interview in which I was in the same interview session as the people I was competing against. About one hour long total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an actuary?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life in May 2018.

Interview

The position went really well at first. They get back to you as soon as possible. However, after the first round of interview the communication lag increases. I certainly wish there was more communication and transparency, like more immediate feedback if you did not get the job, or if they closed the position.

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiting coordinator 2 weeks after my submission to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview. After the phone interview there was a webcam interview with a panel of actuaries in Dec. The questions were general behavioral questions during the 30 minutes phone interview, nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Omaha, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was emailed about an internship. I interviewed with two managers- very short interview. They contacted me within a couple days extending me an offer, pending a background check.