Pacific Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Roanoke, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, question screen, phone interview and then in-person interview. The whole process was easy and the recruiting staff was very nice. I would strongly encourage all to apply.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Pacific Life?   1 Answer

Life Insurance Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a three step process. Application, phone interview and then in person. It was all standard up until the in person. They made me and several others wait for an awkward extended amount of time and then you met with HR for thirty minutes which was fine. But after you have to back out to the lobby, wait another 15 minutes to meet with the director and a team leader who basically grill you and and it honestly felt like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did something that helped your team.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It started in March with a phone call from the HR person. I then had a phone interview with the hiring VP. I was then asked to produce a PowerPoint document. They said they liked the presentation and invited me to an interview but said it won't be held until several weeks later. A week before the interviews the HR Coordinator started contacting me regarding my availability. I was contacted many, many times by this HR Coordinator who just didn't seem to be able to coordinate the interviews. She asked me the same questions about my availability, over and over again. It was scheduled for a Thursday. I then received a call from the HR rep who seemed to be in a panic, didn't know what was going on and said the interview would be rescheduled. We then started over with the questions about my availability. They FINALLY finalized the schedule the Thursday afternoon before my Friday interview. However, they were never able to schedule one of the offsite interviewers due to his availability. They never did follow up or schedule me to interview with this person.
    So I went through the interview process and everyone seemed very nice but some of them seemed really uptight. I started out in a conference room on the executive floor and I thought, "this is really nice." But then they took me to the area I would work in and it was a giant, cubicle farm and not nearly as nice. I left the interviews with the expectation that they would schedule a phone call or web x interview with the last person I needed to interview with. I expected this because that is what they said they would do.
    However, I never heard anything back at all and the last interview was never scheduled. Nearly three weeks later, I received a computer generated email stating that they were pursuing other candidates. By this time we are in late May. They went from being highly unorganized to rude with their behavior. This may just be their HR department but it reflects on the entire organization. Needless to say, I was actually relieved to receive that reject email! I had heard really good things about the company, but unfortunately my experience with them was not good.

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions about computer skills and occasionally they would read a question off a paper they were given. It was usually about a situation you've faced in the past.   Answer Question

Life Insurance New Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the Pacific Life website and about three days later I received an email stating that they were interested in a phone interview. The interview was set at 1:00 EST, and the HR called about 15 minutes late. She sounded like she wished she was doing something else and the interview last maybe seven minutes at most. I got an email the following day that I was not moving forward in the application process.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Lynchburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR person, and then a panel interview with the Director and Manager of Underwriting. All behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were less open-ended, and midway throughout the interview, I almost felt like I was interviewing for the wrong job and didn't belong.

Interview Questions

• "As you know, we in Underwriting will be working with Protected Health Information (PHI). Tell me about a time when someone asked you to give up health information on someone else, and describe how you handled that situation."   1 Answer

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview

I thought I was interviewing for a finance position, but when I went into the interview it looks like I was interviewing for a sales position. I was taken to a computer room where I was to answer questions. Then I was taken back into a room with the hiring manager and he stated I was not a right fit for the company

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pacific Life in January 2017.

Interview

Briefly go over the resume and experiences, then behavior questions. Not too hard, not too easy. They provided very detailed description on the position that I applied for as well as information about the company.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

The recruiter was halfway across the country, never answered emails or returned my calls. No local contact numbers to get status updates. No one even gave me a courtesy call to let me know if wasn't selected.

Events Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview

Initial prescreen interviewer was rude and the process felt like more of an interrogation. Interviewer was more interested in why I left my previous employer and why I switched jobs at that company, implying that I changed jobs because they did not like me in the first job but I explained that it was actually promotion. She also kept asking why I decided to leave the company and kept implying that I was fired when I repeatedly told her that I left because I voluntarily relocated for personal and career growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why did i leave my last employer?
      Was it voluntary?
      Is there something they should know about?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Was asked about my visa status and it consist of two round of interview. first was a HR round and the last was the technical round. the questions were pertaining to my previous experience and the details of job profile

Interview Questions

• previous experience of interacting with business?
      learning from previous mistake in analysis   Answer Question