Cover image for Palfish

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Palfish Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palfish

Palfish

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palfish

Interview

No interview just a demo.You should Ace your demo lesson the best as you can. You can resched your demo if you want to. They will provide your demo lesson

Palfish

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palfish in Jun 2022

Interview

Quick and easy, you sing along and act like you’re teaching a student but no one is there. You pretend the student is 5 and has minimal English knowledge. The interview is really fun and interactive.

Interview Questions
  • No actual questions were asked during the interview.
    Answer Question

The latest conversations about Teachers

Teachers

3 years ago

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

3,019

988 Comments

Teachers

425.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/teachers

Got a burning question about interviews at Palfish? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Palfish employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palfish (Houston, TX) in Apr 2022

Interview

Interview process is on the Palfish Platform. There will not be an interviewer, You will do a sample demo which is on the platform and I would recommend practicing it beforehand. There is a TG teacher guide, which tells you what you need to do. I would recommend using lots of TPR and show enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
  • They want to see that you have enthusiasms and patience for the students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palfish (Nairobi) in Feb 2022

Interview

It was seamless, as expected from videos I has watched of other interviews. There were slight changes, but that was to be expected. So watch videos of others before doing your interview. After that you will be Amile to go through the interview seamlessly as well

Interview Questions
  • Narrate the monkey doing an activity as shown

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palfish (Louisville, KY) in Nov 2021

Interview

Very intense but good payout. Easy side cash. Only make it your main income if you are dedicated and highly self motivated. Difficult to understand. But youll catch on eventually.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Palfish

Application

I interviewed at Palfish

Interview

Interview is easy but then they ask you to work for free. Then they pay structure is different to when I applied. I am on glassdoor looking for other companies so i dont get burned again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palfish (Manila, Manila) in Apr 2021

Interview

No interviewer is present. You just had to do a demo, pretend that you have a student who is listening and use the teaching material provided by the company. It was fun and easy for me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Palfish

Application

I interviewed at Palfish

Interview

Did not offer interview for not being white! I had received an email saying I should book in my interview and everything was going ok until I uploaded my photo. I received a rejection straight away for not reason .. not even given the chance to interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Palfish

Application

I interviewed at Palfish

Interview

One has to download their mobile app and fill in the application form. You also need to need to upload your passport, qualifications and do a voice recording. Someone interrupted me during this process, and when I returned to the app, they sent me a message they rejected my application. No reason supplied. How could they reject an application that is 50% complete? What are they doing with my private documents like my passport? These days we have to be more aware of identity theft. Right now I feel I made a huge mistake to apply and trust them with my documents.

Interview Questions
  • What is your teaching experience?

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palfish (Manila, Manila) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interview Process is very quick and easy. Lesson is given and you just have to follow what is stated on the screen. Prepare props before entering classroom and make sure that you are ready.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews

Palfish Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Palfish as 61.9% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.33 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Teacher and English Tutor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for English Teacher and Online English Tutor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Palfish takes an average of 5.36 days when considering 21 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for ESL Teacher had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Teacher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Palfish according to 21 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.19%

Palfish logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Project Coordinator

I recently applied for a “Project Support Officer” this from the job description it’s pretty much a Project Coordinator/ Manager position. And I have been asked to create a poster to promote an event for young people that have long term health conditions. Now my question is why is the job advertised exactly like a Project Coordinator position, but Im asked to design a poster?! How can that reflect my experience within the project environment? It makes 0 sense to me.

1 Comment

Development Engineer

Had a peculiar 3-month interview with a scientific organization. Initial online presentation, followed by an unexpected in-person interview, still evaluated by the committee. Salary undisclosed; only relocation package mentioned. The team was satisfied, awaiting HR director approval, requesting references. 2-3 days later, before sending references, informed they chose another candidate. No response to emails; HR silent. Was I backdoor checked?

1 Comment

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

4 Comments

Palfish Photos

+ Add Photo
Palfish photo of: Mentor meet up

Have you worked here?