Palgrave Macmillan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palgrave Macmillan

3.2

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I was temping at Palgrave for a few months and was then asked to apply for a permanent position by my boss. My interview process was a little unorthodox as I had already been working there and knew the person interviewing me so they already knew that I was a hard worker, willing to put in extra hours when necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working as a digital marketer for a publishing house?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and heard back within a week. The questions were not too difficult, the interviewers were nice, and then I had to do an exercise in time management. I heard back 20 minutes later that they wanted to see me for a second interview. However, the HR representative did not email or phone me back when I let him know when I could make an interview. I called them and it turns out he was fired, which explains why I did hear back from him. When I asked about my second round interview, they had no idea what I was talking about. They said they would call me back with details about my second round interview and they never did.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Palgrave Macmillan?
      How have you overcome a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan.

Interview

First interview was one hour. Competency based questions were used and also a couple of typical interview style questions. Second interview was a little longer and involved meeting head of department and other members of the department.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fine, fairly flexible.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and was asked to an interview about two weeks later. They asked pretty typical interview questions, but instead of the usual "3 examples" questions, they were asking for 4 or 5. Many of the questions were competency based , and they explicitly said that I should give my answers using a situation, task, action, result format. My feedback said they wanted more speculative knowledge, and wanted my answers to go more in depth.

Interview Questions

• What four adjectives would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you displayed great customer service.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan.

Interview

Through Professor recommendations

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

This was a couple of years ago when Palgrave was still in Basingstoke; met with 2 interviewers who were polite and engaged (they were the editor/publisher for relevant subject list); most of the questions were standard HR fare with a lot of 'behavioural' questsions. Didn't hear back so sent an email follow-up about a week later to find that they'd posted a letter that never reached me. HR kindly offered feedback from interviewers upon my request, which was both fair and v. helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied through the online system and then got an email from a HR person, inviting me to interview.
    Two people interviewed me. Nice atmosphere, no unexpected questions. However, after the interview there was a practical test: I was given some information about a new book and should create a back cover in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage competing assignments from both of us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online Application by CV and Covering Letter. Interview was with the manager and another team member. They asked knowledge of the publications, who would use it and etc, and other basic competency questions. After they ask you to complete an editing task which wasnt well explained for 12 minutes

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 friendly commissioning editors, asked familiar, standard competency based questions. Talked through relevant experience and asked follow up questions to elaborate further on. Constructive, encouraging approach- I felt very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palgrave Macmillan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first round was an interview with two commissioning editors. They were friendly and asked standard interview questions, including several "Tell us about a time you" did something in the job description/person specification.

The second round involved two tasks to prepare in advance (responding to an author and writing a book blurb) to talk through with the panel. I didn't attend the second round as I had accepted another job offer.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this role? Why do you want to work for Palgrave?   Answer Question