Palo Alto Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palo Alto Research Center Interview Questions

3.4

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied several times for the same position, over months. Spoke to the hiring manager, then dont hear anything back from the recruiter, and see the job reposted online. No answer when I asked the recruiter again

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Xerox Parc ?   1 Answer

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center (New York, NY).

Interview

The process included a phone call and a detailed presentation of my own research for my thesis, then Q and A with around 5-6 interviewers. The process was very smooth and reasonable for a PhD student who was applying for a research position. All the questions were related to my research area and the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question really. I just had to know all the details of my work.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

Interview

Had phone interview first, then scheduled an on-site interview for a month later. Had lunch there and talked to my host. Then, gave a talk about research to a seminar-size group of people, had a lot of engaging questions. It surprised me how in-depth the questions got. A couple more one-on-one conversations with people who worked there where we discussed more research-related topics.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

Interview

Applied online in November - received an email for a phone interview about 2.5 months later. Had a second round interview 3 weeks after the first. Both were extremely smart and friendly people who are very knowledgeable in their fields and passionate about research. Email communication was very well facilitated.

Interview Questions

• Based of my background and a lot of technical questions based off my resume experiences.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The guy is very friendly and patient to listen to you. He is a Ph.D. They are looking for someone who knows more about MEMS and CFD modelings. So, will need to know things about your stuffs.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background, work, and related experience. Will need to know the detailed of your previous works for explanations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

Interview

A thirty minute phone interview followed by a one hour on-site interview. I was offered the job on-site and got the official offer letter two or three weeks after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Referred by a friend; HR is very responsive and scheduled the first technical interview within two days; Went through the phone interview; two reviewers were very nice. I explained my background and introduced my past projects (took about half hour); I was then given a coding question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Very quick turn over from submission of application to scheduling an interview. Benefit of being local is ability to meet in person for interviews with the team in which there is an open position.

Scientist, Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Research Center.

Interview

1. oral presentation of my PhD research for 1hr. Getting and answering questions during the presentation.
    2. lunch meeting with a small group of researchers who are interested in detail discussion.
    3. 1:1 meetings with hiring manager and some technical managers

Research Interm Interview

Interview

I was for the summer research interm position by a research staff and a fellow. There was only one interview. It was short and involve a broad spectrum of knowledge, particularly about machine learning and statistics. After that, I was asked to describe my current research work. I nailed both and, after a few casual questions, I get the offer.