Panalpina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.6

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

No interview required. I was recruited by competitor that appreciated my knowledge and experience. The local shipping community is aware of the issues at my former employer, and many employees are being recruited for more suitable positions and salaries.

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panalpina (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I had a high recommendation from a manager and was already working as a contractor so I didn't have much of an official interview. The manager told me I pretty much had the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panalpina?   1 Answer

Air Export Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panalpina (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

This interview was at the Elk Grove Village location and was the strangest interview I had ever had.. I wish I had a tape recorder going on my cell. The male interviewer was extremely disrespectful towards women and said I couldn't have any outside work committments since the job required the person to be there all night, all weekend, and all hholidays until the work was finished. Then he asked me to let him know all the people I worked with in the past that caused issues and how the problem was solved. I'm not ratting out any former colleagues, no matter how much I disliked them, during an interview. The interviewer saying I couldn't have any commitments, which to me meant no kids or family, and him asking me to rat out past co-workers made me not want the job at all. Plus, his voice sounded like a creepy man out for no good towards women, 100 timea deeper than Wilson from Home Improvement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me all the people that caused problems at past jobs with theit names.   1 Answer

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panalpina.

Interview

Got a call 2 days after the career fair at my school and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. Just answering questions about my resume and prior experiences. Didn't offer me the job because my school schedule conflicts with operation hours and they needed a full time agent. May try again once I graduate.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panalpina (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was a temp and hired after 8 months but I still had to go through the interview process because I was going to a different department. HR lady talked to me first then I was interviewed by the hiring manager. I had to do a drug test and wait for background check results.

Interview Questions

• How would I communicate bad news to a key customer?   Answer Question
    • How do I manage conflict and working with different personalities?   Answer Question

Ocean Export Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panalpina (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. They replied back in 1 week by email. After the initial email, the hiring manager and I kept communicating through email. They were asking more specific question about my past experience. A phone interview then followed but I did not accept the offer.

Enter Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panalpina (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

applied through jobsinlogistics.com then scheduled phone interview with manager. it lasted about 20 mins then wait for their decision for further notice. received call back few days later saying that resume is not selected

Ocean Import Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panalpina (Charleston, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

Very general. I completed a phone interview and was emailed a few weeks later to do the in person interview. I interviewed with two managers, it was very informal it was more like a conversation. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. No curve balls nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panalpina (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview started with a questionnaire and 2 essays to write about yourself which led to a personality test and assessment. Once completed I interviewed with a panel of current management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation where you had to use your leadership ability?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Panalpina (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that went really well. I was then brought in for an in person interview with my supervisor if I worked there. He asked maybe 5 questions and the rest was just chatting. He was acting like I had it even to the point of asking what date I can start. A week later he emailed me saying they wanted a grad student and were no longer considering me as an applicant.