Panasonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panasonic Interview Questions

Interviews at Panasonic

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was good. he introduced himself and the company at the beginning, then started to ask some resume questions. Then the interviewer asked some c++ programming questions: some involved coding, some were just basic concepts of c++. Do prepare some memory allocation related questions.

Interview Questions

• memory allocation questions using c++   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panasonic (Cupertino, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by an onsite interview
    Describe Encapsulation
    Linux commands
    Object Oriented and programming questions
    Very good work culture

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about a month. Was contacted by recruiter and then interviewed with three senior managers. After the interview the recruiter took a few weeks to contact and update on the status.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience   1 Answer

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panasonic (New Providence, Union, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

I had interviewed with them before and the hiring managers liked what I had to offer, but they didn't think I was the perfect fit for the specific position. A couple of months later, another department called me and offered an interview for a different position, to which the 1st manager recommended me. I went in, 1st interview seemed to go well. They're extremely bureaucratic and mundane, but "nice" to deal with overall. It basically consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews, with the usual interview questions.

They called me back some days later and scheduled a second interview. This one was awful! As an entry level (recent grad) engineer, I have never had to go to 2 detailed interviews for the same position before. Most employers interviewed me on the phone, then in person, then made an offer. Panasonic dragged me twice through 4 hour interviews for the same position. Anyway, this second interview consisted of a simple aptitude test in which they basically asked me to do what I would be doing on a daily basis once hired. Although it wasn't difficult, it was unfair. Without any training or exposure to their line of work, or any "real" work as a recent grad, they expected me to do what someone in that job does on a daily basis after training and whatnot. The 1st test consisted of cross-matching one of their products to a competitor's product. It took me a bit of time to complete this, as they provided me with an incomplete specs packet for their product - which I later pointed out. The 2nd test was a hands on test. An engineer showed me how to test an electric part for faults/damage, then asked me to repeat the procedure. Following him was very difficult as I was nervous and thinking about the results of my 1st test, so needless to say, when it was time for me to demonstrate I had forgotten half of the steps! After this second test, the hiring manager and his supervisor sat down with me and asked me to analyze a complex schematic of parts that I know nothing about, because they're special to Panasonic. Again, a task that requires extensive training! And again, I don't think I answered correctly, especially after being so exhausted by the entire process beforehand. They let me know a week or so later that they're not interested. So a total of 2 interviews, meeting 4 people in each one, doing stuff I'm not supposed to know how to do = total waste of time.

This was the worst interview process I have ever had! I was interviewed by top global defense contractors, one of which I now work for, and none of them were even NEAR that gruesome! The people at Panasonic may be nice, but they might also be a little insane. An interview for a recent grad's engineering position should never be this awful. I wouldn't have minded if they had tested me on things related to subjects I studied in school, including extensive analysis of complex systems, but testing me on tasks that only trained engineers working in that specific organization know is just unfair.

There's no way I would've agreed to working for them had they made an offer. They are exceedingly demanding and routine. Not an ideal place to work if you're a recent graduate looking for an innovative and positively challenging organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job?   Answer Question
    • Would it be better if this division of Panasonic was led by an American or a Japanese person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Four 20 minute interviews in a row. All interviewers were resume oriented. Each person I interviewed with was personable--they all broke face and made a joke or two, and we talked like regular people would talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you wrote you college term paper on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

applied online, was invited to a networking event at corporate where they then selected people to interview. received an invitation to an in person interview a week later. The interview was with a hiring manager i had met at the networking event. entire process from applying to the final interview took a month.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panasonic in December 2015.

Interview

1 brief interview only asked "tell us about yourself" and then just talked didn't ask any technical questions or anything! i didn't have a chance to show off my skill set

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic.

Interview

Applied online, then went through a phone call interview, and was then brought to the Panasonic headquarters in Newark. Interviewed with the Division Manager and an intern that was already working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied through their website in December and was then invited to a networking in January, where I got to speak to hiring managers. From there, they selected individuals to go on for interview. The whole process took about a month. The interview was with the same people that I had met at the networking event, and was a half hour each with each person. Interview was very conversational and easy-going.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I applied through the Panasonic careers website, and the next day a member of their Talent Acquisition team reached out to me for an introductory phone call, or really a phone interview. Three days later we had the phone interview, and at the end they said they would like me to come in for an in person interview. I visited Panasonic North America in Newark about a week later on a Friday. I talked with the member of the team I would be reporting to for the position as well as the Director of Talent Acquisition. On Tuesday they offered me the position.