Parametric Portfolio Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.5

Attorney/Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, parametric is a subsidiary of eaton Vance . So the recruiter that called me was from eaton Vance. Then they would send it out to the parametric recruiter who would set pass it to the hiring managers at eaton Vance who then would eventually fly me out to Seattle for an interview with the parametric hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First a 15 minute phone interview with someone from HR. If that goes well, they'll have you come in for three back-to-back interviews with different members of the team; about 45 minutes with each person. No further interviews, decision takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview behavioral questions. Asked to give examples of how you handled conflict / stressful situations in the past.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First a 15-20 mins phone screen which was based on your resume. Followed with an on-site interview, you will meet with your peers. The whole experience was great, everyone was friendly and professional. The questions were fairly easy, mostly what's on your resume and how your past experience relates to the job.

Portfolio Analyst and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First round is a 30 minute interview and the second is a 30+30+15 minutes interview. The second round, I meet with five people, 2+2+1. The whole process is 2-3 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy, spoke with the HR department for a phone screening, then was asked to come into the office for 3 back to back interviews with the specific department I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Walk me through your resume?
      How did you hear about this opportunity?
      Why did you choose your college major?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First had a quick phone interview, where they quickly went over my resume and experience with related technologies.

The second part was an in-person interview at their office where I met with the project lead and another team member. Mostly just behavioral questions (ie. describe a time when you did so and so) and how did you handle it. No tests on Excel, programming, etc. Nice people overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with someone not understanding you completely. How did you go forward?

Describe a time when you had two competing responsibilities to take care of? Which one did you take care of first or how did you handle the situation? Why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat with another developer in a pair programming scenario. Created tests, classes, and built a simple object-oriented program to assess my skills in programming. Then met with an HR representative as a segue to speaking to the team manager. Team manager assessed my capabilities as a leader and how I worked in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Create a shop class to handle transactions (very basic) and cart management. Also implement tests for the class and methods.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took more than a month. First a 15-20 mins phone screen which was based on your resume. Followed with an on-site interview, you will meet with your peers, manager, and manager's manager. The whole experience was great, everyone was friendly and professional. The questions were fairly easy, mostly what's on your resume and how your past experience relates to the job. The position I initially applied was filled by internal candidates, so they provided me with a different position which fits my interests as well. The offer came in 3 weeks after the on-site interview. It was a long process but worth the wait.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

started with a phone interview which was just a get to know you type deal, went through the job asking pretty basic questions getting to know the person. They will ask you to run down your resume right off the bat so be prepared to explain it.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates.

Interview

Waited for a month to get the phone interview. The interview went good, they ask you to go through your resume first, and ask questions according to your responses. They do ask a lot of professional questions, such as tell me a project you did by using excel or VBA.