Parametric Portfolio Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parametric Portfolio Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First a 15 minute phone interview with someone from HR. If that goes well, they'll have you come in for three back-to-back interviews with different members of the team; about 45 minutes with each person. No further interviews, decision takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview behavioral questions. Asked to give examples of how you handled conflict / stressful situations in the past.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First a 15-20 mins phone screen which was based on your resume. Followed with an on-site interview, you will meet with your peers. The whole experience was great, everyone was friendly and professional. The questions were fairly easy, mostly what's on your resume and how your past experience relates to the job.

Portfolio Analyst and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First round is a 30 minute interview and the second is a 30+30+15 minutes interview. The second round, I meet with five people, 2+2+1. The whole process is 2-3 weeks.

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First had a quick phone interview, where they quickly went over my resume and experience with related technologies.

The second part was an in-person interview at their office where I met with the project lead and another team member. Mostly just behavioral questions (ie. describe a time when you did so and so) and how did you handle it. No tests on Excel, programming, etc. Nice people overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with someone not understanding you completely. How did you go forward?

Describe a time when you had two competing responsibilities to take care of? Which one did you take care of first or how did you handle the situation? Why?
      Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took more than a month. First a 15-20 mins phone screen which was based on your resume. Followed with an on-site interview, you will meet with your peers, manager, and manager's manager. The whole experience was great, everyone was friendly and professional. The questions were fairly easy, mostly what's on your resume and how your past experience relates to the job. The position I initially applied was filled by internal candidates, so they provided me with a different position which fits my interests as well. The offer came in 3 weeks after the on-site interview. It was a long process but worth the wait.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

started with a phone interview which was just a get to know you type deal, went through the job asking pretty basic questions getting to know the person. They will ask you to run down your resume right off the bat so be prepared to explain it.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates.

Interview

Waited for a month to get the phone interview. The interview went good, they ask you to go through your resume first, and ask questions according to your responses. They do ask a lot of professional questions, such as tell me a project you did by using excel or VBA.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the hiring manager of the company. Then I received an email to schedule for an onsite interview. In the onsite interview, I had a 15 min interview with the hiring manager, then 1 hour of coding with a team member. This was followed by a 15 min talk with a HR person. Finally, I had a 15 minute talk with the director of the company. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• It was one question with 10 parts. I don't remember the question clearly, but I remember it was something to do with how to model a store. How do you monitor the number of items bought and sold in a store.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview was with 2 engineers involving basic questions such as difference between stack and queue. What projects have you done and what technologies were used. What are the use of recursive functions.

Onsite interview consisted of 3 interviews. First was 10 minute interview with an engineer who asked about projects and experience and described what it was like working there. Second was a pair programming interview which was 45 minutes. Third was with an HR person who seemed like they were just there to stall for the other 2 to give the recommendation to the hiring manager for him to determine if interview 4th interview was worth his time that day.

Interview Questions

• Difference between stack and queue.
      Tell us about a project you worked on.
      Design a store merchandise system.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and 2 phone interview with the HR and the hiring manager. Later in-person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The entire process took about 10 days and they are fast in hiring. The HR is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Few technical questions easy to solve and background. Everyone was very friendly   1 Answer