Partners Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Partners Capital

3.6

Sort:

Investment Associate Interview

Interview

Quite possibly the most unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced. Based on that alone, I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone looking to apply. Beautiful office, but a lot of false promises and leading on throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Capital (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter and the whole process took about 2 weeks (2 phone interviews and 1 day of in-person interviews). There were two case studies in the process: one received before and one during the interview day (which I was given 1 hour). Other than those case studies the questions were mostly behavioral (e.g. walk me through your resume, tell me about your biggest accomplishment, etc.).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Partners Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

- Maths test completed on site
    - CV review
    - Discussion on financial markets
    - Excel test
    - Manager analysis
    - Character Interviews
    - Beer test

Negotiation

Limited scope for negotiation

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Capital (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview experience. They really dig deep to find out your motivations for wanting to joining the firm and specifically why you think you would be suited to the role (and not a more investment orientated role).
    Interview process:
    Round 1: multiple choice maths test, grammar/spelling test, formal writing skills, 1 hr interview with senior associate and another hour with HR
    Round 2: Hour interview with two members of the team, hour interview with another member
    Round 3: Interview with the COO

Interview Questions

• The standard 9 ball and scale question on how to determine the heaviest ball in the fewest moves   1 Answer
    • if you were marooned on an island what are the 5 types of people you would like with you and why. Also, what would you contribute to the group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Capital (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very thorough interview process involving multiple tests and interviews over 3 rounds. Structured as:

1) a maths test and interviews with Senior Associates based around your CV and interest investment

2) an excel test, and a separate case study, followed by a series of interviews with senior members of staff based around motivations and investment interest

3) Three interviews with senior members of staff / Partners

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Partners Capital.

Interview

Maths test
    Interview with Senior Associate x2
    Excel test; responding to a client email (email to a client recommending they invest in a particular hedge fund); client email exercise review with partner; finally you'll be presented with the description of a financial product (an option) and asked to explain it and to draw the payoff structure with another partner

Interview Questions

• What books on investing have you read?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews were extensive and gave me the chance to meet a wide range of people from the company. The whole process was professional and they gave me feedback between the three rounds.

Interview Questions

• It's a classic, but with good reason: Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Partners Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Possibly one of the worst places to attend an interview as they claim to be a small boutique firm however act like Goldman Sachs.

1. Test (No calculators-ridiculous considering the time)
    2. HR interview
    3. Senior member interview (Treated me very badly)

Interview Questions

• The recruitment process is honestly ridiculous for a firm of their size. There a 3 ROUNDS!
      1st Round: Test and 2 interviews
      2nd rounds: more interviews
      3rd round: even more interviews

Firstly you're not Goldam sachs or Jp Morgan to have this ridiculous process, 3 rounds is pushing the line!

The senior team member made me feel very uneasy and constantly tried to ask questions to make me look bad. At the end of the day I am a graduate not a top investment banker, he asked me the most ridiculous question and every time you answer he will try and dig deep/trip you up/set a trap for you to fall in.

Funnily enough the senior member claimed he got his job through a contact, how are you out here interviewing top graduates and trying to make them look bad!

Was disappointed as I honestly put a lot of work in, but looking back at it, I wouldn't want to work in such an environment anyway.

AVOID!   Answer Question