Partsmaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Partsmaster

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Partsmaster (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter by phone
    Met with territory manager and recruiter
    Second interview with territory manager
    More phone interview with human resources/recruiter
    Background check
    No compete review from previous company
    Ride along with manager
    Seemed very eager to get me in training phase but wanted to complete the checks and balances to be sure we both were ready for the hire.

Interview Questions

• How many new accounts did you open per year at the previous position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be up front with what you want

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Partsmaster.

Interview

Process started with general interest chat with recruiter. Then call from DM and get together discussion. We met face to face for about an hour. After that, met RM and after that did a ride along in the field with manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Partsmaster (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Referred to Partsmaster by a freind working for a different division of NCH.
    Had a short phone interview with a HR rep, then sent in resume. Had follow on phone interview with regional manager. About three weeks later had in person interview with head of HR. All interviews were very casual, but they do know how to check you out, so be prepared. Had a one day ride along in the field with a current salesrep to see what they do firsthand.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard. They asked about previuos cold calling experience and "hunter gatherer vs. farmer" prospecting   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just took the offer without negotiating

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Partsmaster.

Interview

Phone interview asking about general work experience and then in-detail on sales experience, in-person interview in a conversational style about the job, what it entails, with a manager who will size you up. Be prepared to be enthusiastic and positive and competent and confident. Know something about sales, about the field and competitors. Knowing a little about maintenance is a plus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have much ground to stand on in negotiations, so I took the generous offer they put on the table. I've heard others with more experience have got more.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Partsmaster in September 2012.

Interview

Found on Monster.com, interview set up quickly after. Very friendly staff, but kept asking how I felt about selling in an entrepreneurial environment. This suspicion would make me walk way later.

Interview Questions

• None. Straightforward. It was more about my sales style.   Answer Question

The offer was ridiculous. The base salary was 24K a year going to full commission in 2 years. No cell phone reimbursement. No mileage reimbursement. This was a new untouched sales territory. The ramp up would be too much. The sales rep takes all the risk and wear on his own car. The company risks very little.