Pason Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pason Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

FSST Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (San Angelo, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a usual. Initial phone call was to contact the person to feel them out, after that was a half a day ride along with a tech that is closest to you. If that went well then you get a face to face interview with the regional manager which is also the hiring manager. Most things they ask are very simple, and with the use of common sense you'd do great. They aren't looking for the ones that know the most, they want someone they can trust, had honor and integrity. They can teach you anything you need to know, all you have to do is be courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• How my family felt about me being on call and away from home constantly?   1 Answer

Field Instrumentation Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Odessa, TX).

Interview

I saw this company in Indeed.com. Sent in an application, I received a phone call from an area manager he conducted a quick phone interview liked what he heard, set up a ride along then a face to face. The ride along lasted 12 hrs and was supposed to be more like 8, glad I packed a lunch...... The face to face was with 2 area managers and 2 other field techs. Mostly simple questions about my resume and experience. I was told that this is a very labor intensive job with lots of hours and I would have to travel for 3 months while in training. At one point a field tech told me that he had worked a 26 hr shift a couple days ago and that those kind of hrs happen once a month or so. I was also told that they would have to interview my wife so she understood how much I would be away from home and to pretty much make sure she wouldn't get in the way of me being gone all the time. This is not an hourly position and starting salary was 65k a year NON negotiable. Bonuses are between 8 and 12k a year depending on performance and how much revenue you bring in.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how many hours I have been awake for straight and how I function past the 24 hr mark.   1 Answer
    • I told them I had just drove 14 hrs the night before coming home from the hospital that my grandmother was in. They asked "why didn't I call and inform them there was a problem?"   1 Answer

International Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted about position I applied for and possible set up of a phone interview. I then received email about interviewing face to face which was very casual, informative over lunch. Both interviewers were very friendly and put you at ease. I even received feedback onto why I did not get position, which is rare for companies to give nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my background check. It was hard to explain my misdemeanors without detailed explanation.   1 Answer

Tech Support Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

First phone interview, then Java development assessment, then on site interview. Very good experience i think potential employer got clear picture of my strengths and weaknesses.

Onsite interview took whole day. first one-on-one with my potential manager, then panel of managers, then one-on-one with different department manager.

I been asked technical questions, i been given technical problem to solve and there was questions on analytics.

HSE Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Golden, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 14 different people. Many would ultimately be subordinate to me, but I appreciated their questions more than those above me on the food chain. It was too many interviews - but the process seemed to go on and on and on. Pason is excessively careful about who they hire.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for safety at Pason? How do you resolve conflicts? Tell me about yourself... all predictable stuff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I simply received an offer over the phone and accepted it.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came to know about Pason through a well trusted recruiting firm.

The firm was screening (the reason I like them) before the company. Two interviews with the recruiting firm (one phone, one lunch).

The first phone screening with Pason was between the two recruiting firm interviews. It went very well, and a programming test was scheduled.

The programming test was a two hour timed test. Nothing exceptionally difficult for my level, although I was surprised to hear that only about 30% of candidates made it past the test. Basically, one question was of the quality you might expect a decent fresh graduate of a Comp Sci program might handle, the second wasn't difficult by any means, but would require a smattering of understanding of a toolkit. Overall, a good programming test, not hard, but with the bar just high enough to weed out people who can't program.

Then the on-site interview. They included a lunch, and had it before the screening process. Why? To see how a person does with a belly full of food? The first of three post-lunch interviews was a panel interview, which seemed to go really well. The second was with a lead (but it was unclear if that lead would be my supervisor) and it went very well too. The last was with a different lead, and that's what sunk me. There was no attempt to connect, my interviewer was crossing their arms as soon as they set down, and despite a few moments of honest communications, it was clear that I wasn't passing this guy's mark.

There's some good people there, but even the recruiting firm is getting stonewalled for what went wrong. I'd imagine it's like any company. Good with the bad. Too bad, as I'd really like to work for them, they have some really cool technology applied to a really interesting problem. To boot, they seem to have some pretty good people.

They tout their culture which seems a bit off. as nobody but the leads did much talking. Their office is gorgeous but sterile. While they always asked if there were any questions, such questions were answered quickly, without elaboration. Probably a good place to work, but we didn't click. Everyone's a bit reserved on a first meeting, but the advertisement and the impression didn't match.

I've know this recruiter for ~10 years, and it was hard to hear they were stonewalled too, they deserved a bit more consideration. Oh well, C'est La Vie.

Interview Questions

• They asked how strong of a programmer I was with a language I've known for ~15 years. I'm quite accomplished with Java, so I answered a 10. Later, a different interviewer asked how I stood against my peers. Personally, the question seemed quite odd, as they already knew my programming strengths (even in the non-offer, they remarked upon it), and the interviewer kept stressing _against my peers_.

After pointing out it would slight my peers, he wouldn't let me slip out of an answer, so I answered 8 of 10, because, well, I'm just not the kind of person who's going to show up people I've worked for over the last near-decade (even in private). As that last hour wore on, the negative body language of the interviewer made it clear that I wasn't in the running.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

a single on campus interview

Interview Questions

• How do you think your knowledge in computer science (especially data analysis) can help the company gain insights about their customers?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Pason came to my university for the career fair, where I handed in my resume. Then I got two rounds of phone interviews, and finally the onsite interview. During the interview process, their manager directly contacted me, and confirmed the schedules with me. The first phone interview is about software engineer basics, the second one is coding.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through career services at university. Was contacted a couple weeks later for an interview. Interviewed with two very friendly people who not only showed me what the job involved but gave a short tour of many different departments at the company. The Pason environment seems like a great place to work, with lots of sport activities and things like that. The job itself was not a good fit sadly. Interview itself was reasonable with applicable personal questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: draw free body diagrams of a statics diagram that could be used to solve for weight on bit.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Since I was out of town, the interview was over the phone. I interviewed with two software engineering leads that were in charge of the team of interns. Most of the interview involved them explaining what they did as a team and how they manage the teams. This was followed by a few non-technical questions about past projects.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to program in a certain language in project X?   Answer Question