Penn Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn Medicine Interview Questions

Interviews at Penn Medicine

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Phila, PA).

Interview

The executive staff consisted of kind individuals who focused the interview process on getting to know me as a person. The questions asked were appropriate to the position and direct to the point. I appreciated how comfortable I felt during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are a few important things you know about health insurance benefits?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist an exasperated patient who is trying to contact their physician?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Patient Access Representative Trainee through the Penn Medicine job website. After completing the application about an hour later I received and email from a recruiter requesting that I complete a survey/Personality test. After completing the personality test I was then sent a link for me to complete a video interview via the montage system. You record your answers to pre-selected questions. Upon approval of my interview I was sent a link to complete a prove it test. Two weeks after I completed the prove it test I received email notification of a face to face interview. Three days after completing my face to face interview I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation with a patient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took some time. It took about 3 months from application date to start date. There was a phone interview, video interview, survey, assessment, and two 30-minute in-person interviews. The 1-on-1 interviews included about 5-7 behavioral questions each. I felt they really learned a lot about my work ethic in the short 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when there was problem in your workplace and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Radnor, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted within a couple weeks of application (although I know most people say it can take several months to complete the whole interview process). Normal interview with practice manager and coordinator. Came back about a week later to shadow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Someone from HR contacted me for the offer, I did negotiate with him on pay then. He had to discuss with his superiors and then gave me a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online August 11 was emailed a personality assessment following the personality assessment I had to submit a video montage where I was asked 5 questions about a week and a half later I received a call from manager for face to face interview met with 2 supervisors very nice and down to earth about 2 weeks later received call from recruiter saying managers were very interested did a brief phone interview with recruiter was sent reference link about a week later recruiter called with job offer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later received invite for virtual interview then 1 week received call for in-person interview. Same day was offered to move forward with next steps. Skills Survey, typing test in simulation. Then they call you back to set up OCMED appointment for any shots that you need to take before starting you job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine.

Interview

I had three separate interviews. My first was in person, the second was with the recruiter over the phone, and the final one was in person with the director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not get along with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Phila, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Terrible. Wanted me to do a video interview and the recruiter was super unprofessional. She told me that my salary requirements were unreasonable. This experience was super impersonal. I'd rather be called and phone screened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Radnor, PA).

Interview

I received a phone call within 2 weeks of submitting my online application. I scheduled the in-person interview for the following week, and heard back 10 days later. The interviewer was mostly interested in a customer service background.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Medicine (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

First there was a screen interview where you would record your answers to questions they display on a screen, when you are considered then a face to face interview was set up.