Penske Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penske Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.4

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and I was emailed in order to set up a time. It was just a normal phone interview, and once it was done, I saw that the recruiter viewed my linkedin.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

2 LONG phone interviews, then 2 LONG face to face interviews.....took over 3 months and I was only there 6 months....totally not worth the time and effort I put in

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - nothing too crazy or out of the box   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to respond to their recruiter. We set up a time that worked best for her and her schedule. The phone interview was weird and the lady seemed to gloat about her master's degree in business. Okay, good for you. Typical questions during the interview, nothing special. Then she tells me to complete their online assessment then to call her once I completed it. That assessment is aweful and is going to be the downfall for any business that thinks that they can measure ones ability to perform at the workplace because of its bias structure. So once I completed it and called her, she just said with a very snarky attitude that, "if we dont call you in two weeks then consider yourself not selected". Or if she thought my assessment wasn't good enough, then she could have just said something. Very annoyed at this process and the company's choice in how they hire.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself by choosing an animal, what animal would it be and how does it apply to this position?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

The process went relatively fast once the interview process began. I applied online through my school's career website in December. I received a call in February. The first interview was really just to gauge your communication skills. Then I went to the facility. I had 2 more interviews after that all totaling about 1.5 weeks total. It was a pretty relaxed interview. Know your resume, and what you have to offer. There were a lot of situational questions, and behavioral questions. The cool thing about this job is that it really is an entry level fast track to management. They don't expect you to know anything, but do expect you to be willing to learn.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Penske (Queensbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Too many questions and they ask you two mechanical questions like if know the difference between a gasoline engine an a diesel engine. And if u know how to diagnose brakes

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penske (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews plus an interrogation by an outsourced interviewing company who told the HR team that I said things I didnt say. It didnt feel like an interview at all. It felt more like I was under a judge and jury.

Interview Questions

• They actually spoke more about the company and the position rather than ask me questions. The outsource company asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske in December 2016.

Interview

No in person interview but a lot of phone interviews with about 3-4 different people. It took like 3 months to hear back and none of the interviews were scheduled, just random calls

Front Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clyde, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Clyde, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I put my application in on an online site. Got called right away. Had an interview with the manager and he made me feel like I was hired on the spot, he was great and made me feel comfortable. He told me everything to expect and he was spot on.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Not clear on pay. The manager was late to the interview. Very invasive about everything. They hire a PI firm to investigate your resume. Ask for 5 references. Do a drug and bk screen. Not sure about turnover but reading reviews it scares me.

Second Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske (Obetz, OH).

Interview

I was asked how long I'd lived in the area, what experierience I had, if I was willing to relocate, what shift I preferred, pay rate required, if I had special training, and how I heard about the job. This was followed by background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are weakness what are your strengths   1 Answer

Negotiation

None I had a job at time wanted a better job