Perkins & Will Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perkins & Will Interview Questions

Interviews at Perkins & Will

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview

I prepared quite a lot before the interview, which everyone is expected to do. Interview was easy and informal. It lasted only about 15 minutes. Interviewer was very easy going and did not ask questions that were too specific or difficult.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview

Referred by one of the friend who used to work there. And got a mail from them after a month for interview. Interview was very easy going and casual. They ask me to go threw my portfolio and explain them about my thought process for all projects.

Intern Interview

Interview

Only one senior architect interview me in a meeting room/went over my portfolio/What do you want to know about PW/ introduce the model shop and the office/

Overall, the interview talked more about the portfolio other than anything else. When I asked him which studio am I possibly assign into, he did not know whether it is general hire or for a particular project :(

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview

Signed up for an interview at university career fair. Was invited back for a firm visit/further portfolio examination with two newer employees, and spoke briefly with the HR Manager. Two weeks later, I was called back to meet with principals of office. After another couple weeks, I received an informal offer. The entire process took over a month.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hired through a professional connection with the university. After submitting resume and portfolio to the office, a follow-up interview was scheduled after having previously worked in another office. The phone call was casual and simply to make the point of contact and have a conversation about the position available.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview. I spoke with the HR person and three other people. They asked me to go through my portfolio on a shared screen and describe my projects. It was an easy, enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about why I got into architecture to begin with and what drives me every day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked mostly general questions about my career experience but they asked things more in detail when I compared to others. Three interviewers was involved with the interview and they were nice to talk to.

- Participated Interviewers: Architect, Project Manager, Principal
    - Required Software Skills: Revit/ACAD/SketchUp/Adobe
    - Portfolio Requirement & Addition: Portfolio Book + Resume + Cover Letter + Business Cards + Construction Document Samples + Personal Drawing/Sketches + Formal Attire

Interview Questions

Negotiation

- If you have overseas work experience, that would be Plus. Since they work on a variety of international projects, they need more versatile workers in the team.
    - If they tour around the office, that would be Plus. They won't waste time for weak candidates.
    - If they ask you about time availability, that would be Plus. You are almost there!

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Great Interview, people were extremely nice and attentive and very responsive. They were very fast in following back and fast in making an offer. They explained their needs and explained how i could fit into the team, talked about the group dynamics and work load.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had a phone interview with two people where I talked about my portfolio and they asked me questions about my work. We talked about the firm and they asked me some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins & Will (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with the principal but only got interviewed by an architect and associate. They were very friendly but didn't give me a tour of the office and said there were no intern positions available at the moment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your projects.   1 Answer