Phoenix House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phoenix House

2.5

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online after hearing from a recruiter I met at a job fair. The interview process was pleasant and I was treated with respect. There was some disorganization and frustration with scheduling the interview, but I felt that my interviewers were compassionate and interested in making me comfortable so I could present myself at my best.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not agree or had a conflict over a workplace policy.   Answer Question

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Questions about how you communicate with others , how well you deal with job related stress. They give you an option on scheduling the interview hours , is your commute going to be long

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Slow. HR and onboarding is really slow. But the IT department is fantastic. For an interview with them, no preparation necessary. Be yourself and go with the flow. Hardly any tech questions asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

Very smooth, computer test was only draw back slightly unclear with little guidance. The management and staff were very welcoming. The energy is immediately high energy, prove that you have the people skills to be in the field. Do not be lazy, stay engaged, and go out of your way to learn and you will get the most from this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself and this company in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had applied online, and about a month and a half later I received a call to schedule an interview. The process was very smooth. Once I met in person with the hiring personnel, they were able to place me accordingly into a position that would best fit my needs.

Interview Questions

• What it is that I am looking for? What is it that I want to learn?   Answer Question

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Brentwood, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process: applied through an agency, agency connected me with Phoenix House, PH contacted me when interested. Was asked to meet in a difficult to find location but the interviewer did a good job of providing directions (google maps didn't help). Overall the process was not long, and fairly standard.

I didn't get a follow-up after the interview, and found myself sending emails only to be met with "we're still reviewing" and this was weeks after the interview itself.

Ended up not getting an offer, and I only found out non-interest because I kept following up myself.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an important document needed to be printed ASAP but the printer broke.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Springfield, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

It consisted of multiple interviewers and it was very efficient. The director set the mood as he is a talkative, people person with a big personality. The interviewers were very professional and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this field?   1 Answer

Medical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Choatic, long process, The paperwork got lost twice, otherwise lots of paperwork, background and fingerprinting, prepare to go through process a month or more. Drug testing required and two to three interviews. Final interview is a tour of the facilities. HR takes forever, so be prepared and be patient

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Northeast, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone Call 1+ months after initial submission of resume
    Group Interview with individuals from different departments
    Interview with VP
    On line psych tests
    Background check
    Drug Screen
    References were checked
    Offer was made and accepted after wage negotiation

Negotiation

LVN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phoenix House in March 2015.

Interview

After applying was called in for an interview. General questions were asked and answered. I was given a tour of the facility. I enjoyed speaking with the nursing manager at the time and felt welcomed.