Phoenix House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online. You are then contacted by a recruiter who does a basic screening. You fill out an online application and provide any documentation. Once you get a call for an interview you go in and you’re interviewed by members of the nursing staff in a panel format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an issue at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Recovery Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called for a brief phone screen about a week after I applied. Afterwards, I was scheduled to attend my first interview which was a group interview that consisted of myself and four other peers. The recruiter and house manager conducted that interview. A week later, I was called for a peer interview where I was interviewed by a counselor, a supervisor, and a Recovey Advocate. A week after that, I was offered the position, took my drug test, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Phoenix House?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker or supervisor. How did you handle that situatuon? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Slow. HR and onboarding is really slow. But the IT department is fantastic. For an interview with them, no preparation necessary. Be yourself and go with the flow. Hardly any tech questions asked.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Springfield, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

It consisted of multiple interviewers and it was very efficient. The director set the mood as he is a talkative, people person with a big personality. The interviewers were very professional and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this field?   1 Answer

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Questions about how you communicate with others , how well you deal with job related stress. They give you an option on scheduling the interview hours , is your commute going to be long

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview

I applied online using Indeed. The next day they emailed me for an interview. I was looking forward to the interview, however, I did ask what was the expected salary range for the position and they told me low to mid 30's so I declined to interview since it would not meet my needs. They are requesting a Master's level professional, but that salary would make it challenging to pay the loans of that same Master's degree. :(
    The position did look very interesting though and I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to go through with it. However, be aware of the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had applied online, and about a month and a half later I received a call to schedule an interview. The process was very smooth. Once I met in person with the hiring personnel, they were able to place me accordingly into a position that would best fit my needs.

Interview Questions

• What it is that I am looking for? What is it that I want to learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Providence, RI).

Interview

They had another intern phone screen me. She was reading the questions from a paper and you could tell she was not listening to my words what so ever. She didn't interact with me or make me feel like she was human, she just responded with the next question. Then at the end of the interview she says, "this was a great interview and I think you would make a good asset to the team, I am going to forward your resume to the hiring manager", then nothing. Not even an email letting me know they decided not to go with me. So unprofessional. Luckily I got offered another internship a few days later. I have no idea if they even saw my resume.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, what are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Talent Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phoenix House in December 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen by a intern. Afterwards, two formal phone interviews lasting about one hour each time (almost two weeks apart). I felt it went well because we discussed making their recruiting process more efficient and employer branding more recognizable among other things including implementing a positive candidate experience. The hiring manager wanted me to speak with their manager as the next step. Then, I didn’t hear back after several emails and phone calls to inquire on the status on scheduling me for a third phone interview like she said she was going to do. WHAT A VERY BAD IMPRESSION ON THIS ORGANIZATION!!! How would you like to be treated negatively during the recruiting and interviewing process? At least, respond back to your job candidates who are in the interviewing process! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix House (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was brief, ok. Was in the interview room for about 45 minutes, typical questions asked, the manager seemed pretty cool but super busy I guess that should have been a red flag. Also, the interview room place in the actual building however other coworkers stated that their interview was not and was very misleading.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None