Phone.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phone.com Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phone.com (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First, evaluative test to determine sales personality then contact and 15 minute phone interview with HR Manager to do preliminary vetting. Then 45 minute phone interview with VP Sales to determine potential fit.

Api Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phone.com (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I first received a standard phone screen from HR, afterwards I was sent a programming test containing two challenges. The first one was really easy. It was just creating shapes with php. The second programming challenge was really hard. I couldn't find any info on what they were asking(See below for the question). After submitting my solution I heard nothing for weeks. After emailing them several times I was told that they will not move forward with me.

Interview Questions

• You have a cluster of identical servers sharing a database. They each have a similar list of cron tasks that they might want to execute. Each task needs to run on a single machine, so the servers need to decide which one will run each job so that each task will perform on one server. The servers have no idea how many of them are in the cluster at any given moment.

Suggest a distributed arbitration algorithm similar to all machines that have no single point of failure (besides the database if it uses it) to perform that arbitration task.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phone.com (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen with questions that basically added up to 'do you know how to use a computer'.

I was told I passed the phone screen and that my resume would be passed on to the hiring manager.

Then two weeks later I get an email saying they went with someone with more experience. The kicker : Ive contributed to the core of laravel.

Im all like, ummm... how did you gauge my experience, I didnt even have a technical interview lol. The hardest question in the 15 minute screen was 'Do you know php'. No technical questions asked.

Somethings fishy about this place. Cant put my finger on it, but Id be careful. I think youll end up out of a job. Maybe theres some incentive for them not to hire long term. Theyve had postings on indeed for this exact position for almost 2 years. Revolving door?

Interview Questions

Phone.com Response

Sep 10, 2016 – CEO

Hello,
    This interview review came to my attention and it was disappointing to read. We are looking into it and I will respond again after I get the details from our team.

To the person who wrote... More

Senior Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phone.com (Poway, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They posted just systems admin position and after interview they said we need Sr.Sysadmin....
    Anyway i had a phone interview,group interview over the skype...It took 5 weeks and 12 emails with HR.Finally find out they hired someone else.If you guys seeing this post PLEASE DONT even apply this Company.If you guys dont believe pls check reviews before you apply.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phone.com (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the CEO to get the process started. After a thorough phone screen where we discussed my high-level marketing philosophy and experience, we scheduled a follow up face to face meeting. Here we talked more about some of the details of my experience, what the role would entail, and why I thought I would be the right fit for Phone.com. This was followed by some informal phone calls with the executive staff and a visit to the office in Newark. Overall, it was a positive and professional experience.

At every step of the way I felt the interviewers were completely transparent about the strengths and weaknesses of the company. I felt ready to make an informed decision when the offer came.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with PR when the media is getting tougher and tougher to pitch?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phone.com in March 2016.

Interview

This was the first time I've ever ended the interview.

After a phone screen and sending my resume, I interviewed with a contracted CTO who was extremely pompous and arrogant. He asked me some questions about methodology in software development and tried to make numerous points why he would never use them at Phone.com although they are widely considered in the industry and by company I've worked and interviewed for and basically told me I was wrong for thinking that way.

I'm a self taught engineer so there was holes in the way I identified certain aspects of object oriented programming although my code examples show I have an outstanding grasp on the matter. Once he began to patronize me about that, I told him I was uninterested in working under him and ended the call.

Interview Questions

• Advanced object oriented screen. Quizzed approach to solving problems.   Answer Question

Vendor Relation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phone.com (Poway, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screening then in-person with several members of the team and finally supervisor. The team was nice, smart, and friendly. The first issues was the team was very nervous about their future at the company. Second was the director really didn't want anyone in that position and was just interviewing to prove that he couldn't find anyone. In the end it was a total waste of time for me and the team I interviewed with most of whom have since left the company including the director.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have managing VoIP vendors?   1 Answer