Phone.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Phone.com Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2019

Phone.com CEO Ari Rabban
Ari Rabban
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Phone.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support by management, given the tools to grow your career, constant stocked treats in office, friendly and helpful environment, endless opportunity for advancement. Plus 100% PAID insurance benefits. Never a time my work/life balance was not considered or I felt like just a number. Overall great experience

Cons

If you are adaptable to change and motivated to grow your career, there would be no "cons"

Advice to Management

Management here puts great effort into keeping employees happy, keep it up!

Phone.com2019-06-12

"Account Executive"

I worked at Phone.com

Pros

Free food, great benefits, and pay the bills!!!!!

Cons

Bad management and leaders!! Lots of turnovers!

Advice to Management

Stay away from this job, it’s a waste of time!

Phone.com2019-08-24

"keep your head down and don't talk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I have been working at Phone.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

snacks, parties, lunch, the people

Cons

CEO acts like nothing is wrong COO has no clue and doesn't want to learn. Managers have got no experience or training. Truth When our leaders come to visit, they ignore us when they should ask us what we think. We are encouraged to keep problems quiet. They would love it if we never talked Drama is encouraged to distract from having to deal with problems No room to grow if you are not in the club. That... cool club they got going on is like high school No one wants to fix the problems. The pile of issues, tickets, and company problems keep growing, and we all just pretend they aren't there. Empty promises to make us settle down How can you fix it when you can't say its broken. Tells you all you need to know about their plan to fix problems I am not mad about my time here. I work and you pay me. I should have read the reviews. They were 100% right. Work here to pay the bills but never stop looking for the next job. Or make it in the cool club and don't try to fix anything and you will be a manager in a year.

Advice to Management

hire real managers. as much training as the managers can get you should give them. listen to that CMO seems to know the deal. fix what you know is broken. you won't listen at work so maybe you will listen here.

Phone.com2019-08-21

"It is what you make of it"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Poway, CA

I worked at Phone.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone treats me with respect, schedule flexibility is definitely happening and there is vertical movement if you the type of person that likes to keep productive.

Cons

reduced physical office space, parking is bad sometimes, no gender neutral bathrooms.

Advice to Management

Better 401k plan

Phone.com2019-06-03
  5. "A place where you learn and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Poway, CA

I have been working at Phone.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to innovate and add value immediately. No, micromanagement. Very Flexible and relaxed environment, Work from home. Company sponsored paid training. Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks.

Cons

Normal small company cons, some disorganization.

Advice to Management

Provide more clarity into what different teams are responsible. Organize more team building events

Phone.com2019-06-06

"Take any positive reviews with a huge grain of salt"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I worked at Phone.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free snacks and drinks. That about sums it up for the "Pros".

Cons

Bad leadership - Check Low pay - Check Limited opportunities - Check Problematic product - Check Plenty of workplace drama - Check High staff turnover/attrition - Check All you really need to do is read the negative reviews here on Glassdoor. They're pretty much all true. It's best to sort them by most recent reviews first. You'll notice all the newest ones are terrible.

Advice to Management

Sell the company if you can. Quite frankly I don't think anyone is dumb enough to buy it. The competition is eating you for breakfast.

Phone.com2019-05-26

Phone.com Response

June 19, 2019HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that your time at Phone.com did not meet your expectations and that you felt there were limited opportunities. We pride ourselves in utilizing our Customer Service department as the launch pad to a robust career with the Company and we frequently promote from within. With respect to pay, we look at market data and internal equity when determining pay and we also look at what we provide to our employees overall. We have an exceptional benefits program, such as fully paid health benefits for our employees AND their families, which most companies do not provide. I am unhappy to hear your feelings about leadership and workplace drama and would appreciate hearing more so that we can improve things. That being said, not all companies are the right fit for all employees and I trust that you will find the right environment for you and your career in the future.

"Management will actively miss lead you."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Poway, CA

I worked at Phone.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks, Free Basic Health care plan.

Cons

I found that this company is run by bad Management all the way to the CEO. The COO will make promises that they know they can't keep and actively miss lead you. This job is low pay and high stress. They keep raising the demands of their CSRs but don't pay them more to help compensate for the new demands. Not a fair place to work.

Advice to Management

When you make new demands on your CSRs you should pay them accordingly. Stop promising things you have no intention of delivering.

Phone.com2019-05-08

Phone.com Response

June 19, 2019HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It is good to see that you saw the value in the company benefits and the free snacks we provide. We put a lot of thought into the benefits we provide to our employees and, as the Company pays for healthcare not only for the employee but for their dependents as well, we consider this as part of an employee’s overall compensation package. Regarding high stress levels, as in any company, and especially in one that is growing quickly, Customer Service teams will experience a level of stress given their direct contact with customers and the collaboration across teams to address customer issues. However, at Phone.com we provide our reps with intensive training prior to starting their positions, and we try to promote an environment that fosters collaboration and “fun” so as to provide balance. Regarding management, It is concerning to hear that you feel our management has actively mislead you as both our leadership and human resources teams are working to promote an environment of transparency. We are also working to build systems and implement practices to ensure fairness across the organization. As your experience may not have been in line with what we are trying to promote, I would welcome any insight you would like to provide. Please feel free to provide me your additional feedback at HR@phone.com.

"Terrible environment if you're not part of the "cool kids" clique"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I worked at Phone.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free medical Free lunches on Friday Opportunities for overtime

Cons

In the Poway office, there is a complete lack of leadership. Managers and supervisors, including the COO, gossiping and back-stabbing front line employees and in some cases each other like high schoolers. Blatant racism at high levels. Tiny work spaces for CSRs. Unethical business practices. They do not pay market rates.

Advice to Management

You're being lied to

Phone.com2019-05-05

"Not a great place to be"

I worked at Phone.com full-time

Pros

My paychecks never bounced, and there was never a lack of things to do.

Cons

In my opinion, this company fundamentally lacks integrity and leadership.

Phone.com2019-03-14

"Great Place to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Phone.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growing company. Happy customers. Passionate team. Caring management. Promote from within. Good benefits. Pay 100% health care to all employees and their families.

Cons

A lot going on. Fast pace. Constant development. Not sure it is a con but not the place if you are looking for a relaxed 9-5 job...

Phone.com2018-12-14