Pine Cove Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pine Cove Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pine Cove

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pine Cove.

Interview

The interview is a little intense and quite in-depth, mostly because of the subject matter, but the interviewers are all fun and kind people which make it easier. They ask you a lot about your views on topics like alcohol, same-sex marriage, drugs, smoking, and pre-marital sex; just be able to back whatever you say about the topic with scripture, and you will do great.

Interview Questions

• What are some scriptures you can use when leading someone to Christ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very unofficial. They basically want to get a feel for you and see if you could handle being in charge of 10 kids a week. Not intimidating- they just want to get to know who you areZ

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with conflict between two people in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was short - about 20 minutes. Lots of serious questions but that is to be expected when you are working with kids at a christian camp. It was one on one and they asked about your childhood, your testimony, if you have worked with kids, etc. I felt worried if I was saying the "right things" but just be honest with your answers.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pine Cove.

Interview

Campus recruiters from Pine Cove will send Facebook invites and will be on college campuses from 1-3 days throughout the fall. You can sign up usually through the Facebook time for available time slots and once you arrive you meet some of the staff and begin the interview.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

In your interview you and your interviewer really get to know each other. They'll want to get a real handle on who you are and so ask many questions in order to do so. Some you may not have expected, but if you can't answer the questions they ask, you may not be prepared to help others through their discovery of themselves. Also, be clear about where you stand on issues. Being wishy washy and standing in the grey area won't get you anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Questions about yourself that may be revealing   1 Answer

Negotiation

They'll call and offer you around the beginning of the year unless you had just got interviewed and then it's pretty straight forward from there. You just have to wait until orientation in May!

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pine Cove (College Station, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter after being referred by several friends. The interview was very relaxed, but very deep. They really want to know who you are and where you came from. Expect to be very honest about your past and your faith. From my memory they didn't ask any "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Be prepared to share your testimony and explain the Gospel. They will ask you your stance on several biblical principals. They contacted me a day after their application period closed with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most traumatic thing you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question
    • Pretend I am a camper. How would you explain the Gospel to me?   Answer Question

Summer Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Tyler, TX).

Interview

I was recruited on campus at a university. The interview was held on campus and was fairly relaxed. Be prepared to open up and share your testimony and be ready to explain how you would share the gospel to someone. Be ready to share about your family upbringing and why you think you should be a part of Pine Cove.

Interview Questions

• Explain your stance on a variety of topics, indicating if you consider them a sin or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

A friend called and recommended that I apply, so I did and loved the professionalism and promptness of the entire process! The staff took the process very seriously and had a high standard. Couldn't have been more comfortable and sure what I was signing up for and understanding if it was a right fit or not.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pine Cove.

Interview

They recruit at college campuses all across the nation. You will have to fill out an online application as well as attend an on campus interview whenever they come to your respective school. After they go around the nation, they will start calling people to extend offers. You will need to provide your answer within 24 hours of them calling. It is a pretty painless process; they just have to ensure that the people they are hiring are genuine and willing to serve the Lord in whatever capacity.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, they get pretty personal. This includes asking about your stance on certain controversial topics as well as your reasoning behind it. They do ask questions about your past, but they understand that everyone has made mistakes, so don't worry if you have gone down a wrong path at some point in your life.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pine Cove (Cleveland, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Intense but really really good. They only select the best of the best. I was asked all kinds of questions about my relationship with God, my family, what I looked for in life, my biggest spiritual struggle, and much more. They want to know that the person they are hiring is fun, cool, relatable, really loves God and is passionate about sharing His love. They only hire a small percentage of the people they interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult/challenging thing you have ever done/gone through and how did you handle it?   Answer Question