Ping Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ping Golf Interview Questions

Interviews at Ping Golf

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Golf (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

I was nervous. There were 3 people interviewing me. They care about if the candidate has the golf-related experience. Its a new position in their team. They also need the people with the engineering background. They don't have a plan to turn it into full-time.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?   1 Answer
    • How is your design process? method?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Golf (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Thorough but friendly. They want to know as much about you personally as professionally. Getting the interview took years after applying for similar jobs. I did ask a friend to put in a reference and I’m. It sure if it helped or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a request to work late?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ping Golf.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with my potential future supervisor and thought it went well. We went over some points on the resume and they described the job function and role. It was very relaxed and my future supervisor seemed very bright and passionate about the work and the company. There weren't any hard questions and everything was very straightforward.

I was then called in for a 4 hour onsite interview process. I met with three different groups and the banter was very relaxed and enjoyable. We talked mainly about my work background, how I think I could help PING, and what I hoped to get out of working at PING. I had some questions about the company direction and culture, but having done my research, I had a good idea of what the answers were going to be. We didn't talk compensation at all during the interview. That was discussed when the recruiter called within a day to tell me PING wanted to make an offer and outlined the salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• An iron clubhead was laid on the table and I was asked to describe how I thought it was made. I knew the initial steps, but I couldn't come up with some of the finishing and decorative processes. It didn't impact the outcome, since they didn't expect me to know too much about golf club manufacturing, PING likes to hire from outside the industry so they can mold the person in the PING ways and philosophies without needed to make me unlearn stuff, in case I came from another golf equipment manufacturer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a figure in mind that included a certain percentage increase from what was my current job. We had to go through a couple of rounds of negotiations but in the end PING met my requirements. I also knew that, as a family owned company, the bonus wasn't going to be the same as a corporate profit sharing program, so I built in the bonus I was giving up into the increase.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ping Golf (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you apply this post online. Then if your CV is selected, you would receive a call from recruiter to set a date for interview. You would expect to meet a team for this process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?
      Do you know about PING ?
      Tell me more about strength and weakness   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Golf (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in December 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview
    Before bringing candidates in for a face-to-face interview, your client might want to conduct a telephone interview.

Your client will need to ask more questions than the initial screening. They will treat it like an interview, but it will cost them less time than bringing a candidate in for a face-to-face interview.

After this, your client might want to talk to you about which candidates should be asked for an in-person interview. Your client should also have taken notes during the telephone interview. Compare your notes, and help them arrive at a decision.

Face-to-face interview
    Once candidates have made it past the telephone interview(s), ask them to come in for a face-to-face interview. There should be significantly fewer candidates who are invited for a face-to-face interview than a telephone interview.

This is a longer and more thorough process that will allow your client to get to know the candidates even more.

You should participate in the face-to-face interview. Most businesses want recruiters to sit on the panel and take notes. And, your professional input on who you feel would be a good fit for the position is always encouraged.

During the face-to-face interview, your client should ask each candidate the same behavioral interview questions so their answers are easily comparable. Here are some examples of interview questions:

How do you make sure your work is accurate?
    Can you tell me about a time you felt pressure while making a decision? How did the pressure effect you?
    Can you talk about a time when your communication failed? What caused the problem? How did you handle the situation?
    Reviewing notes and discussing candidates
    After the interview, you and your clients will not be able to remember every detail that each candidate said. Cue the notes you have been diligently taking.

You can look over your notes on your own and put together the best qualities of each candidate. And, you can order the candidates from most qualified to least in your opinion. Then, you can share your notes and opinions with your client.

Your client might want to get together with you to discuss different candidates. They might consult you for help if they are stuck between two candidates. The next step in the interview process should help solidify your client’s choice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell Me About Yourself
      2. Why Should We Hire You?
      3. Describe What You Do in Your Current Position
      4. Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?
      5. Why Do You Want This Job?
      6. Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?
      7. What Are Your Salary Expectations and Requirements?   1 Answer