Pixar Animation Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pixar Animation Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Pixar Animation Studios

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

A unique situation in that I was not interviewed in any official way. I was offered the job after a couple years after a casual encounter with the hiring manager. They were aware of the work I was doing at other companies, and reached out when they had an opening.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

There were two interviewers. The interviewers asked about technical skills, familiarity with certain concepts and software, and then spoke about general position responsibilities and allowed the interviewee to ask questions. Much of the interview was self-led.

Lighting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

It was good, consisted of multiple rounds all with varying questions. Mostly they focused on my ability to learn things quickly and what I had learned already. Overall it was pleasant and easy , just a one on one phone call conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I lit specific pieces in my portfolio   Answer Question

3D Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email getting an interview. Everyone was very nice and they wanted to know about my background and breakdown of my projects. I explained my progress in detail. I was clear about being willing to learn new things.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first with the head of recruiting so that she can get a quick gauge of who I am. It is a simple interview about interest and current position in school. After being deemed as a good fit, a follow up interview is scheduled over email. It was a phone call with about 5 people at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Could you give us a specific time where you accepted critique?   1 Answer
    • How did you get your rope to look like that? (They would ask questions about specific pieces)   1 Answer
    • Which piece was your favorite and why?   1 Answer
    • Which shot was the most technically challenging?   1 Answer
    • Why did you like that shot the most despite how hard it was?   1 Answer

Storyboard Summer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the Pixar Story Internship for Summer 2019. The deadline was March 3rd and didn't hear back until about three weeks later where I received an email stating that I made it to the interview rounds. The interview was 30 minute long phone interview with two of the story instructors and was a pretty standard interview. They seemed really interested in my background but I think I messed up by going a bit off track. If you're applying for a similar position be prepared to talk a bit about yourself and your work and how it relates to the position! Also, be prepared to answer mandatory interview prep for all positions always. There were some general questions that were asked.

Assistant Music and Sound Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Straight-forward. I would say it was an interview based on truly getting to know who I was and a great opportunity to meet/learn about my potential future team. It was a great experience. Everyone was friendly and really passionate about their work. Recruiters even made little gift bags for those who had interviewed.

Rigging Interview

Interview

regular interview question, delightful conversation, they want to know more about my demo reel, asked very specific question about how I rig my character, what node did I used and do I have any experience with script rigging stuffs like that.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Editorial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

Didn’t hear back for 2-3 months, then got an email to schedule a phone interview. After that moved on to a 2-3 hour skype interview, was offered the position shortly afterward.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you’ve worked on in school?
      Tell us about your extracurricular activities.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

Very intense interview. After a couple phone interview they flew me out for a full-day interview of hour-long sessions between me and the people who would become my future coworkers and leads.

Interview Questions

• How many palindrome numbers are between 1 and 10,000? (show your work)   Answer Question