PlanMember Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PlanMember Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at PlanMember Financial

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial in November 2014.

Interview

Initially made contact through my alma mater's career services department. First interview went about as expected, basic general get-to-know-you questions. Something I didn't expect (possibly because of my limited interview experience) was that the HR person who set up the interview had specifically asked over email to have a set time for that initial phone interview. That struck me as very professional and respectful of my time (since I was employed at the time by a different company).

The HR person also laid out benefits, retirement options, etc., way more than I expected on a first phone interview. They inquired as to my desired salary upfront, and then we set up a second interview with another HR person. There were three in total before I interviewed with the person who would become my direct supervisor. That interview was particularly challenging, as the interviewer managed to hit on every single one of my weak points. From all of this, I gathered that they really did their research to be able to hit on what they needed to.

From there, it was a Skype interview with my future manager, and a final phone interview with another team leader. In total, there were six separate interviews: 3 HR and 3 position-related. After that, it was a simple matter of getting paperwork completed.

It was a long process, but ultimately very thorough and showed a high degree of professionalism and desire to get the most suitable candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you are locked in a dark room with only a pen, name five things you can do with that pen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them my desired salary, and they countered by saying I was asking for too little. There were two offices to work from and they allowed me to select which one I preferred.

Interview

My first contact with PlanMember was at a school career fair, followed by a phone interview after which I was asked to come down to the headquarters. The office is easy to get to and in a great location. It was a very long interview, but lunch was provided and I got the opportunity to meet with many different executives as well as current employees in the Service Center. A broad range of questions were asked, but all very relevant.

Service Center Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial.

Interview

Phone interviews, followed by all day interview in person with VPs of the company. The take you out to lunch and discuss the job. Very intensive interview...and exhausting for all parties involved. Nice people. Cool place to work. Beautiful location in Carpinteria. Great opportunity for recent college grads to get their feet wet in the industry. Not much opportunity past that, so many people end up leaving the company after only a couple of years.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get a C in this class (spoken while pointing to your transcript).   Answer Question

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Carpinteria, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a lengthy. Typically a 4-6 hour interview with up to 5 different people including the COO. Emphasis is placed on the candidates ability to complete the 3 year Securities Industry Training program. College Degree is typically required but field of study is extremely flexible. You will typically start the interview day by meeting with the in-house recruiter and then move on to interviewing with the Director of Platform Trading, Service Center Manager, Director of HR and then the COO.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Carpinteria, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different members of the company, from the HR director to the VP, the training manager, the Chief Operating Officer, and the Service Rep supervisor. Was all day for the final interview. Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming and it seemed like a nice place to work. The office location was right on the beach and close to a park. So it was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had a major problem or struggle and had to overcome it. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with customer service? and what is real customer service?   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial.

Interview

The interview process went well. It was the day before Easter and I had a glimpse into the company culture. Very fun, very competitive while using teamwork (referencing office Easter Egg hunt)! It was a little surreal to be interviewing for such a fun company given that it was a finance company. The interview was hard and they got to the point and asked relevant questions. I liked that they asked questions outside the normal job history questions. I believe they interview this way to protect company culture.

Director of Corporate Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Carpinteria, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview, in-person interview with hiring manager, panel interview with business leaders. Interview process only took two weeks but they took another two weeks to make their decision. They complete a background check, including credit inquiry on all candidates. Important selection criteria is for the candidate to be living locally and not require relocation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PlanMember?, Tell me about your related experience.   1 Answer

suitability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and seeks self motivated employees. There was a phone interview and then two insight interviews with the manager and the consultants. Employees were friendly and the setting is business casual. The manager is seeking to see if he or she can work with the candidate well and professionally.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the difficulties working with your current manager?   Answer Question

Securities Industry Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Carpinteria, CA).

Interview

First was a phone screen which was then responded to about a week later in which they asked for a time for me to go down to their main office for an interview.

The interview was VERY long, 9am to 3pm and included interviews with many different members of their management, including the COO and a lunch with an employee currently in the position. I was given an offer letter at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you traded in stocks before? What are some trades you have done?   Answer Question

Securities Indusdtry Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PlanMember Financial (Carpinteria, CA).

Interview

I first learned about PlanMember at UCSB's career fair, followed by an invitation to a career night in Carpinteria where I was set up for an interview. It was a very smooth flowing six hour interview, lunch was provided, and I was able to meet with many of the corporations executives. Overall, very professional and well structured. I was told I would hear back regarding the position, looking forward to it.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose one word to describe you what would it be?   1 Answer