Pluribus Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pluribus Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Pluribus Networks

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager and was mostly asked about my current work. I was called on site.
    There were 4-5 rounds. The hiring manager said they had many positions to fill. Most of the folks were interested in my current work which i answered very well. Totally, there weren't a lot of coding questions like say, in Google. One person asked me only behavioral questions like "what would your Manager have to say about you, if i call him now"!!. The interviewers were polite and friendly. The coding questions were standard and pretty easy like reversing linked list, palindrome etc. Looks like they just wanted to see if i can code.
    Almost all the guys asked me what i was working on. Interestingly, couple of guys including the hiring manager even asked me "are you really interested in this job", giving me a strange feeling that my current job is better!!!!
    The interview with the founder was pretty interesting. A touch nut to crack obviously!! He didn't get a chance to see my resume, which he admitted and he asked interesting questions based on my current work.
    I was feeling pretty confident after the interview and was really hoping to get a call. I was told after i pinged the hiring manager that the position got filled.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and received a call back within a few days, and then had a phone screen interview with the department head. After making it through the screening I came into the office and meet with the department head again and then different members of the staff from different teams. After my onsite interview it took about 2 weeks to receive an offer after verification from my references. All said and done from application to start date was about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and was purposed different scenarios that tested my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't I received an offer of what I was asking.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First phone screening by hiring manager for 15-20 mins, asks basic questions about networking and your course and projects. If you clear phone screening HR will emailing you asking time slot for onsite interview. You will get complete itinerary of onsite interview process. It was 4 rounds. 2 rounds on networking and 1 round on coding and last one by hiring manager again.

Interview Questions

• How will you debug if host1 is not able to ping host 2 connected through 2 routers in between?
      when you ping a ip address what will be the destination mac address of the outgoing packet?
      questions are not specific, like explain some routing protocol OSFP, BGP, what will be the Bluetooth advertisement packet format (i worked on bluetooth so)   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Lots of problems at the company revealed in the interview session. And it seemed as if that just how it is, and you have to deal with it. Wouldn't it be better if they addressed the problems rather than expect people to conform to it? Isn't that how shareholder value is created?

Interview Questions

• How do you handled a CEO who keeps changing his mind on things?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pleasure meeting networking team at pluribus networks. The interview process was good, but unfortunately the vice president didn't appear on my interview, who was supposed to take first 30 minutes interview. They started with the basic questions of networking and according to my response they went deep into it. One guy asked me mostly security concepts like ssl, ipsec, aaa server, tacacs. One guy asked me on working of internet, routers, switches and dns. Overall its a good experience.

Channels/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It seemed like it took a long time. I went through something like 5 face to face interviews with different people from all different roles. It was a pretty thorough deal, it was definitely not a thing where I met with a hiring manager and that was it.

Interview Questions

• This is a difficult role. Its made even more challenging that its in a startup. You will work long hours, get frustrated and wonder why you did not just go to a large established company where its easy. What will you do when you get frustrated and ask "why am I here?"   Answer Question

Network Test Engineer, University Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and received a call from HR within one week. After initial telephonic screening by HR, one round of technical interview(telephonic). Within 2-3 days of time, I have been invited for onsite interview at San Jose, CA office. It consisted of 5 rounds, among of which initial round by hiring manager and rest all rounds by all senior engineers.
    As a recent grad, all questions were based on fundamental concepts of networking such as VLAN, STP, RSTP, Split horizon, SDM, VRRP, Packet delivery process with details about L2 and L3 address upon reaching to single device in entire process from source to destination, working principles and scenarios based questions on routing protocols such as OSPF, MPLS, BGP- ebgp & ibgp, RIP, EIGRP, routing protocols hierarchy and working algorithm of each(for ex- Dikstra's, link state etc.).
    As a fresher, all they want to see your approach towards given questions and your thinking process towards resolution. Even if you got fumbled in answers, but your approach is rite towards resolution then I think you should be good to go. This applies to all university grad positions that you are going to interview for in your professional curriculum, so prepare accordingly.
    As per my opinion, among of 4 senior engineers in interview, one person was carrying some kind of weird attitude which made me uncomfortable while explaining answers on blackboard. He was staring me from top to bottom, starting from my shirt, tie till shoes. This behavior made me unusual and uncomfortable while giving answers. Otherwise rest all of the interviewers were very helpful and clear about what they want from candidate in terms of position role.
    I didn't get the offer but overall experience was good and quick in response.

Interview Questions

• Due to NDA, I cannot disclose questions being asked, but can advice that as being a recent grad candidate, make your networking fundamentals and concepts, their working principles very strong, so you can answer any dynamic questions that might be asked.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

Irrelevant to the work involved. Over-complicated. Any original ideas for solving some of the datastructure and Algorithm questions were ignored. Guess the panel wanted standard answer set like found in many interview question forums. I did not feel that the interview process was a 2-way one where the interviewer also has a role to play in guiding the interviewee to a solution he/she feels is optimal. The whole process was abrupt and badly managed.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms:
      Trees and operation on them
      OS and system side development   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a telephonic round for about 20mins which was a good chat about the projects worked on, and a couple of questions like inserting an element into a linked list, how do system calls work, how to get the locals variables and return values from stack frames . The onsite interview comprised of 4 rounds. The interviewers focused on the project worked on and questions were mostly based on the them. There were C programming questions along with data structures.

Interview Questions

• 1. How is trie implemented?
      2. Print all the permutations of a string
      3. Encode the data stream to make it smaller so that it can be transported fast (may be huffman coding ?)
      4. how to implement state machines?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pluribus Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

After a telephonic screening round which mainly comprised of C programming(!) and data structures, I was invited for a face to face interview. During the face to face interview, I was asked questions on the responsibilities at my current work place, followed by software design questions. The recruiter was quick in getting the feedback from the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you design a state machine?
      Q: How would you debug a process that has crashed after running for a long time?   Answer Question