Pointmarc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pointmarc Interview Questions

Interviews at Pointmarc

3.1

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pointmarc.

Interview

The HR contacted me and scheduled a time to talk. After chatting she said she will get back to me for next steps. She scheduled 4 rounds of interview for me. The process seemed straightforward. My interviews went well and based on the feedback I was quite certain i would get the offer. I was disappointed after the fact as the HR didn't reply to me for more than a week. After following up she told me they were talking about resources. I was patient and gave them more time. 10 more days went by and the HR didn't reply. I reached out again and finally she told me she heard the decision and the position had been cancelled. I understand sometimes resourcing can be an issue but I felt the communication was very poor. Which was weird as other glass for reviews said otherwise. Irrespective, everyone's behavior throughout the process very was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone Screen w. recruiter, Excel project, Phone screen w. hiring manager, 4 hour in-person, The recruiter was very transparent and communicative, and everyone in the interview loop was also very clear about what they were looking for in a candidate, how they thought it was going, etc. Overall a hugely positive experience for me, only great things to say about the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain how you reached X to someone who doesn't know or care about data analysis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. The recruiter reviewed my profile and sent me email about scheduling a interview. The interview last about 10-15 mins. They did not ask very detailed questions. Once I mentioned I need sponsorship, she lost interests. She said she will check with the company about sponsorship, but never write back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First a phone screen to make sure you are a good fit. Then you get a phone interview that asks you some basic analytics questions. Then you'll get a 4 hour in person interview where you meet with 4 people: 1-2 Analysts, A manager, A PM.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you can't deliver work to the client when they need it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

My first chat was with a HR recruiter. After that, I was asked to complete a pretty extensive Excel analysis project, which is typical for an analyst position. The position is a relocation for me, so I was routed through about 8 more phone calls with various managers, HR reps, and other analysts before I was flown out for an in person. The interview loop was about 4 or 5 hours and included a lunch break with a couple of team members. I can honestly say I flew out with very little confidence that I would move across the country and left the loop fairly certain that a relocation was in my future. I met with about 7 people and their interview questions rarely overlapped. Everyone had an interesting and unique interview approach that kept me on my toes. A lot of the exercises and critical thinking questions asked of me were actually quite fun to work through! The most refreshing part of Pointmarc's interview process is that they put a huge emphasis on making sure that Pointmarc was going to be a good fit for me -- that I wanted to work for this company. It was a nice change from being hammered with the "are you good enough for us" questions most interviews I've had consisted of. It was truly a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Draw two dashboards (whiteboard) for an eCommerce client. The first dashboard for an executive and the second dashboard for a channel manager.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pointmarc.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, and then there was an in-person interview with about 4 different rounds of people. Mostly just javascript questions and exercises with the DOM.

Interview Questions

• How do you get an element by its ID?   1 Answer

Engagement Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

A overly heavy round of phone interviews and then another exhausting round of in person interviews back to back, without breaks. Sure, Microsoft culture has intense interview processes but this isn't Microsoft and it's a bit of overkill. After that many interviews, you are tempted to walk away because other opportunities do not take as long to vet.

The company focuses on personality fit, and you are sent through many rounds of interviews from various members of the team you would be working with. HR is responsive, and lets you know whether you get the job or not. All the interviewers are smart and intense to varying levels. Be prepared for any type of question.

Interview Questions

• Create an e-commerce website tagging flow.   1 Answer
    • How would you sell a difficult project to a client? How do you say no to a client?   1 Answer

Analytic QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pointmarc (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Every phase was more of a conversation than an interview. They were more interested in know me first, and then assessing my abilities to get the job done second. Both were clearly important but they saw me as person not a resource.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about what we do.   1 Answer