Pointmarc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Arsenio Valdez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Analyst"

I have been working at Pointmarc full-time

Pros

Culture is the biggest pro.

Cons

Salary is the most obvious con.

Advice to Management

Review salaries more frequently.

"Social politics get in the way, quality of work varies significantly across projects"

Former Employee - Digital Analyst
    Former Employee - Digital Analyst

I worked at Pointmarc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Activities & HR perks (Happy Hours, Waffles, Snacks)
    - Lots of young and excited people at lower level, great place to make friends
    - Many technical folks who are very skilled and willing to teach

Cons

Manager level and above gets weird, bosses pretend to be your friends but aren't. Select few upper level folks who are close and promote one another, job prospects are slim if you're outside that circle. The most talented people leave for client-side jobs @ more established companies that are stable and higher paying.

Advice to Management

Come up with a clear promotion schedule/plan that encourages ambitious entry level workers to stay around. Stop promoting friends, provide more regimented learning/skill-building opportunities.

3. "Okay"

Pros

Great people , you can learn a lot for these peers

Cons

The work is not really under your control.

Advice to Management

Have more open projects that could benefit the department. Help grow tools

"It's cool to be a nerd"

I worked at Pointmarc full-time

Pros

There are amazingly talented and smart people here. And most genuinely care about you as a person. You can learn so much from the people around you and not just the technical day-to-day aspects of your job, but you can learn the soft skills too.

Cons

Reward your high performers and give them the attention they deserve.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Pointmarc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down some of the smartest people I've ever worked with. Everybody is nice with the exception of only a few. It's really great to work at a place you know so many people care.

Cons

I think some people need to be let go. I can only think of a few jerks but there are others who make it harder for us to work because we have to pick up for their weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I trust the leadership team but please make the harder decisions faster.

"Overworked, underpaid"

I worked at Pointmarc full-time

Pros

Perks were great - free food, alcohol, dress code, etc...

Cons

They hire young because they're cheap. You'll hear "start-up" environment but really everyone is childish, everyone from the analysts to the managers. Most of the managers are there because of their relationship with senior management, not because they earned it or people persons.

It's a complete joke, no such thing as upward mobility. Most of the reviews have either been left at HR or some kid who just got their first job.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Good people to work with. Nice customer challenges to keep you pushing yourself.

Cons

Management was not capable of leading the team. They were more concerned with their own pockets being lined.

Advice to Management

Learn to step aside. Learn to reward your team for their hard work which kept the company's doors open.

"Great people, bad management & leadership"

I worked at Pointmarc full-time

Pros

You get thrown into a pool of work but you can either drown or succeed, but at least it gives you the chance to learn from your peers and apply yourself quickly to clients (their pitch of training is false and they have no choice but to throw you in because they are always short resources). The people around you are the ones that help you, most management and leadership don't and not trained. Therefore you always hear the reason people enjoyed it here is because of people, not because of those running it. I love my peers, they deserve the credit and will never forget them.

Cons

Don't believe what you see and hear. The CEO and President put on quite a show of emotion and empathy. Reality is that it's all pep talk and you are being manipulated. You start to question things like why do you report company performance during bad months and suddenly stop? Why do you say attrition is not a problem yet we are short resources? Why did you remove/replace leadership? Why do you invest in a whole sales team and only one to training?

Advice to Management

Fight for the people, don't be manipulated.

"Great opportunities for the achievers!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pointmarc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pointmarc is remarkably responsive to new ideas and great attitudes. Your ideas will go through scrutiny - don't expect your ideas to always fly if you have 2 years of social media experience at a random company - but that's what you want. Commit to improving your ideas and you can play with the big boys.

Cons

There is periodic reshuffling of duties that comes down from on high every 6 months or so. They mean well, but often don't get consensus before the major changes.

Advice to Management

Increase your employees' pay a little more rapidly to retain your best talent. Of those who leave, this is usually the logical centerpiece to their decisions.

"Best job of my life!"

I have been working at Pointmarc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone will tell you the culture, but that's honestly the most amazing thing about Pointmarc. Learning from each other and taking care of each other while supporting our clients' needs is what it's all about. We're casual and yet work really hard to get the job done. Having leadership actually interested in your feedback is uncommon in my experience. Things aren't perfect here, but problems are approached with a focus on what is best for everyone and not just the bottom line. Compared to other consultancies where I've worked, work life balance is great - again, not perfect, but that people are concerned about your work/life balance is a new phenomenon to me.

Cons

We're consultants, so we're sometimes at the mercy of our clients. That comes with the territory, but it is a downside.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on building / maintaining the culture and taking everyone's feedback into consideration. We have something special here and it's going to take effort to maintain it while we grow.