Post University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Post University Interview Questions

2.3

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by an interview in the offices of the Online Education Institute. The questions were guided toward past related experiences and how they related to the Admissions Counselor position.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was quick and easy -- I just talked about my research, and they were like cool, you're on board. Everything else was slow, confusing, and frustrating. The amount of paperwork they required was extensive; I had to pay to have transcripts sent even from institutions I attended over 10 years ago. The worst, however, was a week-long online training that was tedious, patronizing, and at times disquieting (it seemed like they were trying to figure out how to get as much out of instructors as possible without paying them any additional income). It was just hoop after hoop, and then with days until the semester started, they came back to me and said they did not actually have anything for me to teach. They have contacted me a couple of times since then, but I basically said "thanks but no thanks." It was a weird experience -- they technically did hire me/offer me a position, but when it actually came down to it, there wasn't an actual position. I just had done all this training and paperwork for no real reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with non-traditional students and/or students from diverse backgrounds.   Answer Question

Tuition Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post University.

Interview

Extremely friendly process. Was called directly from HR after submitting resume online. Talked mostly about resume and experience. Was interviewed by both Director of financial aid as well as the assistant director. After first interview was given offer by HR department about two week later.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post University (Middletown, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume; talked to faculty director on phone. Interviewed on phone. Easy interview. She was very nice and professional. She ran a good department. Found the classes that I'd be teaching to be agreeable as well. Offered job, but declined based on the unpaid traininng involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your educational philosophy?   4 Answers

UNPAID TRAINING REQUIRED.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post University.

Interview

casual conversation with a few resume questions. They look for teachers that have experience with minorities. Had a brief phone conversation and then a group interview. It was very casual and quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Why drew you to higher education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation of a few thousand. Promises to let faculty teach extra online courses for more pay.

Admissions Counselor OEI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Post University (Middlebury, CT).

Interview

I applied online and 1 week later received a phone call from HR. The HR conducted a phone interview in which she asked 5 questions about my resume, past experiences, and why would I want to work at an Online University rather than a real one. Was also asked salary range but was informed it's capped at $35000. I then got setup for an in person interview that week. I met with this lady with a spray tan and another with a ponytail so tight I could read her mind. They kept emphasizing this is more of a sales job but that there are no quotas...They also asked how competitive I am, though I don't see how trying to help students get an education is a competitive sport. Lastly, they asked about my personal life and explained it's because there are cliques and groups in the department and they want to know which social circle they would stick me in.

I declined because my intuition was right, I looked at reviews of Post University online and found out this is not a job worth taking and a mess of place to work.

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Post University (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

hoping to get an IT degree in business management and currently getting a degree in business management but hope to change that for an IT, or CIS degree depending on what the school offers in its classes.

Interview Questions

• payment of bills do to lack of funs for classes.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

They brought me in through a temp agency and interviewed me. I arrived there and 3 people interviewed me in the conference room. They had my typing information and quizzes I took at the temp agency and my resume.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about the company.   1 Answer

Student Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

Interview with the director and assistant director of the students accounts department. Just be professional, honest, and have a can do attitude with a decent resume and you should be in good shape.

Negotiation

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person interview with HR and 2 managers. Not an overly welcoming environment when interviewing. Standard inside sales type questions were asked with a couple tough ones thrown in. I answered them thoroughly and with a lot of thought, but did not get an offer. They did also mention that the position requires at least 100 outbound phone calls per day. Sounded to me like more of a high pressure sales job than admissions.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to change someone's mind about enrolling.   Answer Question