Post University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Post University Interview Questions

Interviews at Post University

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post University in June 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview then came in to the office. I met with different people in the department. It was a very long interview and lasted about 3 hours. It was more of a conversation than asking direct interview questions. It was not very organized. HR didn't know I was being interviewed and were not prepared to hire me. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency, they placed me and I got an interview that week. Two hours after my interview they gave my staffing agency an offer who told me if I would like I could start in two weeks. Overall it was a very simple hiring process. Simpler if you go direct through Post's HR and not a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that will help you be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that is because I went through a staffing agency so the power was in their hands, not sure how direct recruits are treated in this regard.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me was very laid back. I was contacted just a few days after submitting my application. I spoke with the HR rep for a few weeks via phone before I could make it to campus. Once I arrived, I interviewed with one of the Assistant Directors. We talked about hobbies, my career goals, and a little bit about the culture of school. My second interview was a bit more formal with some harder work-related questions. From the moment I walked in each time, I saw smiles on faces and everyone said hello. It seemed like a buzzing environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is competitive especially in this economy. Most people working in admissions are young and just starting a career, so the benefits and salary are often worth it for the experience.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by an interview in the offices of the Online Education Institute. The questions were guided toward past related experiences and how they related to the Admissions Counselor position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person interview with HR and 2 managers. Not an overly welcoming environment when interviewing. Standard inside sales type questions were asked with a couple tough ones thrown in. I answered them thoroughly and with a lot of thought, but did not get an offer. They did also mention that the position requires at least 100 outbound phone calls per day. Sounded to me like more of a high pressure sales job than admissions.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to change someone's mind about enrolling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Direct and to the point, with one exception. They will tell you that they do not have sales goals - that is because by law, the educational industry is forbidden to define what they do as "sales" - HOWEVER, they do have an expectation as far as how many students you bring in.

That aside, the interview was direct, polite, and personable, asking relevant questions about your experience and expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

I have been working for Post University for over a year now and I have never felt more at home! When I first applied they called me for an interview and then I was interviewed by an Assistant Director in Admissions. When you work for Post - You are joining a team! A family! They go above and beyond to make each employee feel comfortable and they train their employees very well! Have you ever wanted a career in which you wake up every morning excited to go to work? A place that is full of fun, loving and caring co-workers that become great friends? Post is that place!

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post University in March 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview but did not get any further in the hiring process. The human resource person was very nice. She answered my questions about the position. They let me know about a week later that I wasn't chosen for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work here.   1 Answer
    • Tell me an example of how you would sell someone or convience them to think like you.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post University (Middletown, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume; talked to faculty director on phone. Interviewed on phone. Easy interview. She was very nice and professional. She ran a good department. Found the classes that I'd be teaching to be agreeable as well. Offered job, but declined based on the unpaid traininng involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your educational philosophy?   4 Answers

UNPAID TRAINING REQUIRED.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted via email regarding unexpected opening - wanted to know my availability. I was. Both interviewers were the "management team" I would be working for. Lots of talk about we don't spoonfeed our kids but they need lots of special attention. They were both friendly enough and asked on point questions related to teaching style, integration within their system.

Advice: Just be yourself

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust your teaching to our students who don't read the books?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it is presented as this is what we offered. Later in conversations with other adjuncts I learned someone with a masters was being paid same as I with a PhD.